• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there a soul?

glasgowchick said:
Sorry for the confusion but I am just as confused myself when it comes to trying to explain it sorry :( But if you are asking why I believe there is something that leaves the body at death, I find that through Scripture..

Example the stoning of stephen, when he was about to die He said " Lord Jesus recieve my Spirit " ..Acts 7:59...

And Jesus cried out again in a loud voice, and yeilded up His Spirit. Matt 27:50..

Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul, but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both body and soul in hell..Matt 10:28...

There are many more but those are just an example...So yes, wether I can explain what the soul is, I am sure that one has a soul that departs at death and goes back to God...

You are right and the Scripture is right and there is Life after Death just as Jesus says.
I am not here to preach but to just relay to you the things I know to be true although I cannot prove them and may never be able to prove them yet, I know them to be true.
When Our Earthly body dies the Spirit Leaves this body and all its memories and Intelligence goes to the Spirit World and yes Souls can recognize each other and reminisce and they can speak back through Psychic Channels and send messages to people on Earth and they can do automatic Writing through someone like me and others.
Every day i talk to those in the After Life and we talk about all sorts of things some serious and some whimsal just as they did when they were here on earth and some of my friends in the Spirit World watch television shows with me and we discuss them and my mother watches the same soaps she did when she was here on Earth.
Again I can't prove this but nontheless its true.
I communicatae with a Guide who makes predictions and can look into the future and back in time many years and sometimes hundreds of years.
He can go back twenty years or more and reinact crimes and all sorts of things and he can predict accidents and deaths in the future which always come to pass unless they can be prevented either through avoiding an accident or getting medical help.
I write this only to tell you what its like to speak to those in the After Life and I believe many others could do this if they would only spend time developing their Psychic abilities and learn to see and hear the Spirits.
Just wanted to say yes indeed there is a Soul and we all can look forward to having a good time up there with our friends one day and of course its always better to go peacefully in your sleep because sometimes when its a violent death it is not so pleasant for a time because in a case like that they were not prepared for the shock of death.
I am hoping that perhaps I can encourage others to explore and learn these things so we can all help to further research.

glasgowchick said:
I have always had a hard time understanding what our soul is, I do understand that God breathed into us the breath of life and man became a living soul..So in that sense, the soul is ourselves..Here is where I get confused, what is the Body, Spirit and Soul...

1--If body and soul are the person [ what is the Spirit ]

2 If Soul and Spirit have the same meaning, then what does is mean in 1Thess 5:23 were we read, May the God of peace sanctify you wholly and may your Spirit and Soul and Body be kept sound and blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ..

Going by that, the Soul and Spirit is different.. :confused:

So it seems to me that man consists of three parts..Body, soul and spirit..

I do believe that when we die, our body goes back to the Ground and our Spirit goes back to God who gave it..Ok Im starting to get myself in a muddle here so I will stop..sorry for the confusion :confused:
When I refer to those in the Spirit World when I communicate with them sometimes we refer to them as Spirits and sometimes we refer to them as Souls.
But you are right the Body goes back to the Ground and the Spirit or Soul leaves the body and with it goes all its emotional feelings, memories and intelligence and left on Earth in the Body and from what I understand from discussing this with those in the After Life the brain appears to be just the casing that holds the Spirit and Intelligence and well it can become very complicated when you think about all of this but thats what I believe after more than 20 years of communicating with those in the After life on a daily basis.
I have no idea how I can prove these things to the World but I do believe in time more and more people will begin to communicate with those in the after Life and the two worlds will be bridged and many people will just accept conversations with those who have passed over much like sitting at a computer and talking to people in other parts of the World.