• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there a need for religion?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Religion is needed, much like a doctor is needed when we are sick. When we experience the unbearables in life or near death, etc we seek religions as a way to our problems - preceived or otherwise.

Speaking as a person who turns to religion for such things, not everyone needs it for such comfort.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Speaking as a person who turns to religion for such things, not everyone needs it for such comfort.

I agree.

Some people cope with themselves and their own "personalized" beliefs, while others feel the need to be more social and conformative.

It's not necessarily anything bad, just introvert and extrovert Aspects of human physiology :D

Riverwolf

Premium Member
I agree.

Some people cope with themselves and their own "personalized" beliefs, while others feel the need to be more social and conformative.

It's not necessarily anything bad, just introvert and extrovert Aspects of human physiology :D

Well, I'm an introvert who prefers religion. ^_^ But I see religion as a personal thing, with sociality being an optional aspect of it.

Agreed, and not every sick person goes to the doctor. It is good comforting to know the clinic is open. But I am still seeking a clinic where the doctor is in.

bob gill

every one has a religion ,church ,sport entertainment,sex,etc all there things people pursue with some devotion even the bible speaks of some saying"there belly is there god"

Orias

Left Hand Path
every one has a religion ,church ,sport entertainment,sex,etc all there things people pursue with some devotion even the bible speaks of some saying"there belly is there god"

Not all people resort to herd conformity.

waitasec

Veteran Member
religion is around because people have a need to feel as though they are a part of something...a sense of solidarity, a common purpose shared by many. perhaps it's a fear people have of being different and rocking the boat.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
I was referring to this clearly, secondly, I seek a doctor for secular healing like any sane human would do. No amount of spirtuality will help me.

Well, I have heard that those who are more optimistic about recovery tend to recover more. :shrug:

Besides, my spiritual path covers health.

Where Is God

Creator
Well, I have heard that those who are more optimistic about recovery tend to recover more. :shrug:

Besides, my spiritual path covers health.

Optimism and religion are two separate and irrelevant things. I can be very optimistic about my health with the knowledge that there is no god and that my body is in science's hands(as it always is).

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Optimism and religion are two separate and irrelevant things. I can be very optimistic about my health with the knowledge that there is no god and that my body is in science's hands(as it always is).

I'd say most of the time, my body is in my own hands, but that's just me.

Optimism and religion often go hand in hand. Just because you can be optimistic without religion/God doesn't mean everyone can. It is a fallacy (I don't know if it's formal, though) to think that one's self is a microcosm for everyone.

Where Is God

Creator
I'd say most of the time, my body is in my own hands, but that's just me.

Optimism and religion often go hand in hand. Just because you can be optimistic without religion/God doesn't mean everyone can. It is a fallacy (I don't know if it's formal, though) to think that one's self is a microcosm for everyone.

Your body IS science. You do not defy it.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Where Is God,

Is there a need for religion?
Personally follow NO-WAY and for an understanding do understand that *no-Way* is also a way!

So no-religion is also a religion cause the concept of a religion though mostly may be a set of rules where a form of superior being/creator etc is accepted is incorrect as religion is finally a *way of life* and any way an individual life is also a way of life and that way itself becomes his religion as he lives by it.

Love & rgds

Where Is God

Creator
Friend Where Is God,

Personally follow NO-WAY and for an understanding do understand that *no-Way* is also a way!

So no-religion is also a religion cause the concept of a religion though mostly may be a set of rules where a form of superior being/creator etc is accepted is incorrect as religion is finally a *way of life* and any way an individual life is also a way of life and that way itself becomes his religion as he lives by it.

Love & rgds

So would you argue that not stamp collecting is a hobby? Or that not smoking is an addiction?

Love and regards.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Where Is God<

So would you argue that not stamp collecting is a hobby? Or that not smoking is an addiction?

Love and regards.
You miss the point by miles.
Religion starts where the mind stills and then only is the way and hobbies, addictions are mind related matters.

Unless one learns to *STILL* the mind, the mind will keep arguing its way as that is the way of the mind.

Love & rgds