• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there a Double Standard?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Please Note: This thread is posted in the Liberals Only subforum. Non-Liberals should not post in this thread.

Does the Left have a double-standard in how it views and/or treats white males versus all others?

If so what should or should not be done about it?

Does the Left have a double-standard in how it views and/or treats white males versus all others?

Isn't this an inescapable consequence of the concept of 'privilege' where people are deemed 'guilty' by an accident of birth?

All aspects of identity are to be celebrated, except that of the white male which requires the privileged to repentantly seek absolution for their sins.

The problem is that it is deeply embedded in the ideologies of a fair section of people on the left that white males are the reason for many of societies ills. This is a kind of liberal theodicy.

Given that this is a religious-type article of faith, it is not something many are willing to question.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Isn't this an inescapable consequence of the concept of 'privilege' where people are deemed 'guilty' by an accident of birth

A double standard against white males might be the inescapable consequence of the concept of privilege, but privilege is not a theoretical or hypothetical concept to me. It's something I've been aware of possessing as a college educated white male ever since I became college educated -- and before -- and long before the term was ever coined. That's to say, it is not something I needed to read feminist literature to discover. I simply observed it.

All aspects of identity are to be celebrated, except that of the white male which requires the privileged to repentantly seek absolution for their sins.

The problem is that it is deeply embedded in the ideologies of a fair section of people on the left that white males are the reason for many of societies ills. This is a kind of liberal theodicy.

Given that this is a religious-type article of faith, it is not something many are willing to question.

I'd have to largely agree with you there.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Please Note: This thread is posted in the Liberals Only subforum. Non-Liberals should not post in this thread.

I think it is undeniable that some do. However, I think it is also undeniable that some do not. Still more I think it might also depend on your definition of white.

I am not sure this question can be any more definitively answered than this.

PureX

Veteran Member

"The left" is a very ambiguous and wide-ranging category of people and opinions. So much so that one could easily endow it with ANY characteristic one chooses and find someone to stand as an example.

Sorry, but your question needs to be far more specific than not is.