• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Theory of Evolution absurdic?

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
There can be structure and function without a designer. That is common sense.
No, that's nonsense.
I can't find anything that exists that has function but no creator.
Even the simplest machine you can imagine doesn't invent itself.
Of course what we actually have in DNA is infinity more complex. To believe it happened by accident is laughable.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No, that's nonsense.
I can't find anything that exists that has function but no creator.
Even the simplest machine you can imagine doesn't invent itself.
Of course what we actually have in DNA is infinity more complex. To believe it happened by accident is laughable.
Nice, now you are comparing manufactured objects to those that are not manufactured. Please tell me that I do not have common sense.

And those that do not understand science are the only ones that try to claim that evolution is random.

Tiberius

A fly, a tree, a rose, a jellyfish, a dolphin, a flea, an elephant, a dinosaur are blood relatives to each other?
It sounds absurd. How could a rose be a relative to a flea?

So, you've got the argument from incredulity.

A rose and a flea are related, but you have to go back to a time when life was not like either of them. A simplistic explanation would be that life was like one celled organisms, and some of those evolved to become fleas, and others became roses.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You are made up of millions of machines.
No. At least not in the sense that you have used the word. They are similar to machines.

Perhaps you might want to learn what is and what is not evidence in the sciences? There is no reason that creationists cannot pursue evidence, if they really believe what they claim to believe.

EDIT: Why did you use an optimistic fruble on @Tiberius 's post? Were you optimistic that you would understand this? He was not being optimistic. What he posted is a known fact.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
No. At least not in the sense that you have used the word. They are similar to machines.

Perhaps you might want to learn what is and what is not evidence in the sciences? There is no reason that creationists cannot pursue evidence, if they really believe what they claim to believe.

EDIT: Why did you use an optimistic fruble on @Tiberius 's post? Were you optimistic that you would understand this? He was not being optimistic. What he posted is a known fact.
Yes... you are literally made up of gene machines.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No, we are not. Very similar to machines, but not machines. You are trying to use semantics as a source of evidence. You can only fool creationists with that poor logic.

You see you are trying to use the fact that human made genes are manufactured to get in your "designed claim". That is not allowed in the sciences. You can't be sneaky and think that you will not be laughed at.

questfortruth

"When He has brought out all His own, He goes on ahead of them, and His sheep follow Him because they know His voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from Him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice." Jesus used this figure of speech, but the Pharisees did not understand what He was telling them. John 10:1-6, "I am the way and the truth and the life." John 14:6.

No, we are not. Very similar to machines, but not machines.

Last edited:

F1fan

Veteran Member
Enjoy your bliss, because your beliefs are not consistent with facts, science, and reason. You make many posts and claims that are simply wrong according to facts and science. You refuse to accept what science reports. Not much common sense in that.

questfortruth

Enjoy your bliss, because your beliefs are not consistent with facts, science, and reason. You make many posts and claims that are simply wrong according to facts and science. You refuse to accept what science reports. Not much common sense in that.
How dare you insult God's high scientist! (cf. Acts 23:4).
I am the first author of the brilliant ``Evaluation of the Gauss integral'', arXiv:2202.12394 [math.NA].

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I am the first author of the brilliant ``Evaluation of the Gauss integral'', arXiv:2202.12394 [math.NA].
arXiv is not a peer reviewed source. An article in it is all but meaningless. By the way, if you had done what you claimed, some mathematician would have picked up on it by now.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Hey, it's OK because I'm not convinced any Gods exist. And you have contempt for science, so we both win.

Was the second author the one that corrected all your errors?

PruePhillip

A fly, a tree, a rose, a jellyfish, a dolphin, a flea, an elephant, a dinosaur are blood relatives to each other?
It sounds absurd. How could a rose be a relative to a flea?

You have about 80% of the genes of a daffodil. How can that be true?
Can't you believe that 'God commanded the sea to bring forth life' ????