• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the world running out of Kool-aid?

yoda89

On Xtended Vacation
Does anyone else feel like people are beginning to like less Kool-aid? Or is the amount of Non-drinkers only increased due to population. Perhaps it has more to do with artificial ingredients used now realized by informed consumers to be unhealthy and out of date. What are your thoughts on what could be a true Kool-aid epidemic?

CynthiaCypher

You know when I was a kid you used to be offered a glass of Kool-Aid when you visited. Now when I visit someone, they don't offer Kool-Aid anymore. It's a sign our country is going down hill if you ask me.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Does anyone else feel like people are beginning to like less Kool-aid? Or is the amount of Non-drinkers only increased due to population. Perhaps it has more to do with artificial ingredients used now realized by informed consumers to be unhealthy and out of date. What are your thoughts on what could be a true Kool-aid epidemic?
Judging by the number of hard core Democrats and Republicans in my FB feed, I think the world's supply of kook-aid is still going strong.

idav

Being
Premium Member
I have ran into people who say they now hate Kool-aid cause they had it too much as a kid. As if these heathens have no remorse.

yoda89

On Xtended Vacation
What does this have to do with religious debate? lol

It's a double meaning to which derives from the phrase "Do not drink the Kool-aid". The first meaning is personal that people once enjoyed Kool-aid and now do not. Although, when I did move out of my parents house I had a period of heavy drinking of Capersuns. The second means not to simply internalize ideas without first thinking them through. Which as a child can be difficult as we are gentically predesoped to form our beliefs around those who provide us with care.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn

I liked koolaid as a kid, until my mother discovered that the koolaid sweetened with atomic waste or something made her six children less hyperactive and started only buying that.

Then I didn't like it anymore.

But I did eventually discover cocaine.

Tom

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
And if it wasn't for vodka I woulndt drink soda either. But I drink my whisky straight

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
Green Koolaid when consumed quickly enough and in sufficient quantities has been known to produce psychedelic effects. And brain freeze.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I suppose it's due to distancing oneself from the terrible crimes committed by the kool aid pitcher. Breaking and entering, yelling Ohhh YEAAA!!!! as thousands of dollars worth of damages to private homes and business take it's toll with that maniacal grin all the while.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
What does this have to do with religious debate? lol
How soon history is forgotten assuming it was not knowing sarcasm on your part. People's Temple cult. Jim Jones, 1978.
In November of 1978, the world was shocked by the suicide deaths of 913 members of the People's Temple cult. Jim Jones, the leader of the group, convinced his followers to move to Jonestown, Guyana, a remote community that Jones carved out of the South American jungle and named after himself. Jones constantly feared losing control of his followers. His paranoia was the main reason he moved the cult to Guyana.

The mass suicide occurred after U.S. Rep. Leo Ryan of California and a team of reporters visited the compound to investigate reports of abuse. After some members tried to leave with the congressman's group, Jim Jones had Ryan and his entourage ambushed at the nearby airstrip. He then ordered his flock to commit suicide by drinking grape-flavored Kool-Aid laced with potassium cyanide