• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the universe singing Haleluya?

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I'm sorry :( I hope I wasn't insulting.
It is indeed very very subtle. When I get some more precise equipment I plan on making a new more clear version. Complete with a spectrogram and more supporting evidence. Then you can see it!

Oh no, you're fine, it's not your fault that I can't distinguish between 2 tones of subtle difference. I sometimes just have to trust the opinions of those who have a better ear for music.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Actually it sounds quite harmonious and beautiful to me. There's definitely an ethereal quality about it.

I get a lot of that from white noise in general as well as the electromagnetic noise you get from the planets with Jupiter and Saturn being my favorites that were recorded by NASA spacecraft.

Brec Vema

Actually it sounds quite harmonious and beautiful to me. There's definitely an ethereal quality about it.

I get a lot of that from white noise in general as well as the electromagnetic noise you get from the planets with Jupiter and Saturn being my favorites that were recorded by NASA spacecraft.

I've heard that recording of sounds from Jupiter. Pretty trippy!

I love whale song too

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I love whale song too

I can just imagine all the sounds out there in the cosmos or if you could hypothetically fill space with air how loud would the cosmos be?

Then I came across this fascinating article essentially asking the same question...

https://www.spaceanswers.com/deep-space/how-loud-would-stars-be-if-space-was-full-of-air/

They say our sun sounds like Cathedral Bells at times. How cool is that?

Brec Vema

I can just imagine all the sounds out there in the cosmos or if you could hypothetically fill space with air how loud would the cosmos be?

Then I came across this fascinating article essentially asking the same question...

https://www.spaceanswers.com/deep-space/how-loud-would-stars-be-if-space-was-full-of-air/

They say our sun sounds like Cathedral Bells at times. How cool is that?

Wow the article says the sun is equivalent to 10 million keys of a piano! Better get some noise canceling headphones.

The sun sounds like Cathedral bells? I'd love to hear that.

Brec Vema

Oh no, you're fine, it's not your fault that I can't distinguish between 2 tones of subtle difference. I sometimes just have to trust the opinions of those who have a better ear for music.

Then here is something beautiful for your eyes:

I made this video while trying to visualize the Haleluya Signal. My equipment was not precise enough to get a good image but this one made from pure sine waves sure is awesome. This is what harmony looks like.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

I love whale song too

Have you heard the WOW! signal? There is an audio recording converted from this intense narrow band radio signal of possible extraterrestrial origin detected by Ohio State University's Big Ear radio telescope on August 15th, 1977 ; this audio recording converted from the Wow! signal sounds to me like the dial-up internet sound I used to hear when my computer was accessing the internet over a phone line, but maybe there's something more to this sound than I'm able to hear.

Brec Vema

Have you heard the WOW! signal? There is an audio recording converted from this intense narrow band radio signal of possible extraterrestrial origin detected by Ohio State University's Big Ear radio telescope on August 15th, 1977 ; this audio recording converted from the Wow! signal sounds to me like the dial-up internet sound I used to hear when my computer was accessing the internet over a phone line, but maybe there's something more to this sound than I'm able to hear.

That's pretty wild. I didn't detect any obvious patterns of harmony. but I am intrigued about the oscillation effect. Trying to think of some natural phenomenon in space that could cause that but nothing comes to mind right now. Maybe it is aliens! I'll give it a deeper listen later.

Treks

According to the comments on that Wow Signal YouTube video, the audio presented is fake. The sound detected by the Big Ear was not being recorded. It was output as non-audio data. Sorry!

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
According to the comments on that Wow Signal YouTube video, the audio presented is fake. The sound detected by the Big Ear was not being recorded. It was output as non-audio data. Sorry!

The record of the Wow signal was a dozen or so numbers that indicate the radio intensity.

Could this radio signal then have been converted into audio sound?

Treks

The record of the Wow signal was a dozen or so numbers that indicate the radio intensity.

Could this radio signal then have been converted into audio sound?

I'm not an expert and am only passing on YouTube rumours. Someone asked the same question in that video's comment section though, and the response said that no, it wasn't the kind of data you could convert into audio. I think if you had a dozen or so numbers the sound produced would be more like Mario Cart-style beeps than the long and complex audio offered by that video on YouTube. :shrug:

The thing is, everything we hear, recorded or not, is only a snippet of what actually exists. We can only hear the range of sounds that these limited human ears are tuned to receive.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
A little of the static on old TVs tuned off station is the echo of the big bang

NASA have recorded sounds of the universe several times.

;