• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the universe orderly?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
And yet in the OP you wrote "Please quote from a text book of science and or from a peer reviewed article in a reputed journal of science in support of your opinion.".
Reminds me of the quote: "Tell someone there is an invisible man in the sky and they will believe you, tell them the paint is wet and they will have to touch it just to make sure".
In other words one cannot "quote from a text book of science and or from a peer reviewed article in a reputed journal of science in support of your opinion.".
Regards

SpeaksForTheTrees

What does the science say about it?
Please quote from a text book of science and or from a peer reviewed article in a reputed journal of science in support of your opinion.
Regards
Why need science can see myself via perception of time and speed the universe appears orderly to a human.
However 80 years life approx of one human is blip in time .

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Why need science can see myself via perception of time and speed the universe appears orderly to a human.
However 80 years life approx of one human is blip in time .
Those who say the universe is not in order; do they say so on the basis of religion or science?
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Those who say the universe is not in order; do they say so on the basis of religion or science?
Regards

Kindly quote from a text book of science that there is no system working in the Universe and it is absolutely not orderly. Please
Is it another aspect of "When science goes gibberish".
Regards

Milton Platt

What does the science say about it?
Please quote from a text book of science and or from a peer reviewed article in a reputed journal of science in support of your opinion.
Regards

I'm not about to dig through science books for a quote....if you want one, do your own homework. The universe has both orderly and disorderly things within it. If general, it will tend towards the disorderly, over many, many eons.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Milt,
When all the inertia is spent !
And the momentum stills !
~
But.....until then.....total chaos !
~
'mud

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
In other words one cannot "quote from a text book of science and or from a peer reviewed article in a reputed journal of science in support of your opinion.".
Regards
Posts #4, #5, #10....

Now that you have thoroughly demonstrated you are not actually looking for what you ask for.....

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Kindly quote from a text book of science that there is no system working in the Universe and it is absolutely not orderly. Please
Is it another aspect of "When science goes gibberish".
Regards
Except we have already established in the science talking gibberish thread that you consider anything you do not understand as gibberish.
It has also bee established that anything you dislike, disagree with, think contradicts your belief and or the Koran you also label gibberish.

So your talking about gibberish only reveals you dislike and or do no understand that which you label gibberish.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Is God affected by gravity?

YES! He is.
Something has to glue Him firmly in Heaven.
Elementary don'cha'know?

A more pertinent question might be "did God create gravity?"

Primitive man found edible fruit hanging from trees, reached up and plucked
the fruit, ate, and was satisfied. One night early man reached up to pluck the
stars from the heavens and could not.
Thus "gods" were born.
The stars must be the food of the "gods".
When something cannot be explained mankind must find an answer no matter
how irrational.
Thus gods were born.
In all wars soldiers were told by clergy that god was on their side. No matter
which side that was.
One wonders if those that survived actually believed they were on gods side?
My dad came home from combat during WWII with a German belt buckle he took
from a German no longer needing such.
It's stamped with "Gott mit uns ("God with us").
I still have that and his ribbons for being engaged in 5 major battles.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
YES! He is.
Something has to glue Him firmly in Heaven.
Elementary don'cha'know?

A more pertinent question might be "did God create gravity?"

Well, if he did, then He probably created gravity because He found it incovenient to float all over the place. You know, even omnipotent beings need something solid to hang on. :)

Ciao

- viole

Kent856

I feel the universe is total 100% order :D If we had enough information and computational power then we would be able to predict every single tiny tincy little thing that will ever happen! If we understood the brain and how everything interacts we could also simulate that and throw that into the equation to predict every decision any person will ever make! Such as what you will choose for breakfast two years from now. Thus we would have a perfect picture of the future :) Unless of course there is some spiritual deal going on with free will and all that. Besides that, anything physical is governed by laws, and on the macroscopic scale at least, will be perfectly predictable. In my humble opinion :p

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I feel the universe is total 100% order :D If we had enough information and computational power then we would be able to predict every single tiny tincy little thing that will ever happen! If we understood the brain and how everything interacts we could also simulate that and throw that into the equation to predict every decision any person will ever make! Such as what you will choose for breakfast two years from now. Thus we would have a perfect picture of the future :) Unless of course there is some spiritual deal going on with free will and all that. Besides that, anything physical is governed by laws, and on the macroscopic scale at least, will be perfectly predictable. In my humble opinion :p

Why "besides that"? Why are you making an exception?

Ciao

- viole

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Is the universe orderly?

At our normal macroscopic level it is perfectly orderly. At the sub-atomic level, it is not at all orderly by our macroscopic way of thinking (quantum mechanics defies our normal orderly thinking).

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
We would be able to predict every decision you will ever make, unless your consciousness/free will is the product of some undetectable process :)

That is non sequitur. It is possible that I am PHYSICALLY uncapable to introspect myself in such a way to anticipate my next moves. But that does not entail that My mental processes are not deterministic. Maybe (probably) I am just a finite state machine that can only do that much.

Ciao

- viole