• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the universe conscious of itself...

Eyasha

Something I've been thinking about lately
Are we just a product of the universe becoming conscious of itself?

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I was just reading a thing that talked about The All of mysticism. It stated that all philosophies, including materialism, boil down to belief in an all, whether it is spiritual or material. All is all, meaning that nothing is not The All. Creation cannot be separate from it from a spiritual perspective, and the !mystical cannot be separate from it from a materialistic perspective. The All did could not divide itself, create outside itself, or make something separate from itself. Long story short, we are it's thoughts/dreams.

Eyasha

Something I just read.....
For billions and billions of years, the universe was here and no one knew about it. More to the point, for all that time, the universe itself had no idea that it existed. But then, around 13.82 billion years after the Big Bang, and almost four billion years since life first evolved, something strange began to happen: Tiny parts of the universe became conscious, and came to know something about themselves and the universe of which they are a part. Eventually, some of these tiny parts of the universe - the parts we call ‘scientists' and ‘scientifically-informed laypeople' - came to understand the Big Bang and the evolutionary process through which they had come to exist. After an eternity of unconsciousness, the universe now had some glimmering awareness that it existed and some understanding of where it had come from. This might sound like a strange thing for a universe to do, but perhaps it's not; perhaps many possible universes would become conscious of themselves given sufficient time.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
We are conscious, and we cannot be separated from the universe. That is, we are the conscious part of the universe. So yes, we are the universe experiencing itself.

I would even say we are purposely created to appear to intellectually supersede the universe to allow the universe to experience itself as something other than universe.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
For billions and billions of years, the universe was here and no one knew about it. More to the point, for all that time, the universe itself had no idea that it existed. But then, around 13.82 billion years after the Big Bang, and almost four billion years since life first evolved, something strange began to happen: Tiny parts of the universe became conscious, and came to know something about themselves and the universe of which they are a part. Eventually, some of these tiny parts of the universe - the parts we call ‘scientists' and ‘scientifically-informed laypeople' - came to understand the Big Bang and the evolutionary process through which they had come to exist. After an eternity of unconsciousness, the universe now had some glimmering awareness that it existed and some understanding of where it had come from. This might sound like a strange thing for a universe to do, but perhaps it's not; perhaps many possible universes would become conscious of themselves given sufficient time.
It's a reasonable assumption/projection from our limited data that there are trillions of places in the universe where life could have and most likely did evolve, so apparently from just a few billion years after the BB. I'm receptive to the idea that humans and the other life on earth are only among the more recent to achieve this level of technological sentience--that we are by no means the first nor only examples of small biological beings that are aware of their being a part of the universe.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I would even say we are purposely created to appear to intellectually supersede the universe to allow the universe to experience itself as something other than universe.

I like that! Not sure I would go that far, but I will say that the universe wouldn't exist without the conscious side of itself.

chinu

chinu
Something I've been thinking about lately
Are we just a product of the universe becoming conscious of itself?
(Universe) Space, Dust, Water, Air and Temperature -to- Botanic. Botanic to Insects and Fishes. Fishes and Insects -to- Birds and Animals. Animals -to- Less-conscious-Humans beings. Less-conscious-Humans-beings -to- More-conscious-Human-beings, and so on.. The whole universe is always on its way towards becoming conscious of itself.
The last stage of universe before being conscious of itself is.. Human Beings.
In other words.. Universe becomes conscious of itself through.. Human Beings :)

Eyasha

It's a reasonable assumption/projection from our limited data that there are trillions of places in the universe where life could have and most likely did evolve, so apparently from just a few billion years after the BB. I'm receptive to the idea that humans and the other life on earth are only among the more recent to achieve this level of technological sentience--that we are by no means the first nor only examples of small biological beings that are aware of their being a part of the universe.
Yes I believe our consciousness is not simply consciousness of the universe; our consciousness is a part of the universe, and thus the universe itself is partially conscious. When you contemplate the universe, part of the universe becomes conscious of itself.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls

That all sounds rather anthropocentric.

Eyasha

(Universe) Space, Dust, Water, Air and Temperature -to- Botanic, Botanic to Insects and Fishes, Fishes and Insects -to- Birds and Animals, and so on.. The whole universe is always on its way towards becoming conscious of itself.
The last stage of universe before being conscious of itself is.. Human Beings.
In other words.. Universe becomes conscious of itself through.. Human Beings :)
What do you think of the idea of human beings just been one of many forms of existence for universal consciousness?
Have you heard of Arcturians?
I'm just starting to become aware of other forms of existence "alians" who seem far more advanced and enlightened then our species