• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the universe chaotic?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Great entities from the same source,
caused by the same origin,
streaking outward to their eventual demise,
or re-creation, as one might expect.
Outward from causation to the nothingness,
I wonder what changed their original direction,
maybe the nothingness is losing pull,
or is that the sea of photons collapsing ?
~
Who knows....obviously, I don't !
~
'mud
Cosmically self centered as I am...I see Ricky and Ben......of the original cause....streaking out....trying to avoid their eventual demise...
But what or who is it that wonders what changed their original direction....and photon collapsings? :)

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
1. "Purpose" is a human assumption.
2. You are human too ( I hope ) and therefore do not know either.

Simply wrong.
The cells do what they have been commanded to do, they cannot deny the commandments. The purpose is in the commandments. Please

Regards

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Simply wrong.
The cells do what they have been commanded to do, they cannot deny the commandments. The purpose is in the commandments. Please

What I said was this:

That purpose is "in the commandments" is a religious belief you have, not something you know in any objective sense. Please.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
Simply wrong.
What I said was this:

That purpose is "in the commandments" is a religious belief you have, not something you know in any objective sense. Please.
One is wrong again.
It is based on Revelation, the most trustworthy and lasting source of human knowledge. Please
Regards

Kirran

Premium Member
paarsurrey said:
Simply wrong.

One is wrong again.
It is based on Revelation, the most trustworthy and lasting source of human knowledge. Please
Regards

Unless people don't believe in the infallibility of the Uthmanic Qur'an. In which case it's rather less trustworthy!

Kirran

Premium Member
Quran was not revealed on Uthman. Please
Regards

It is the compilation of Qur'anic manuscripts which was compiled under the direction of Caliph Uthman which is treated as infallible by the majority of Muslims today. In Islam's early centuries, this was not taken as read of course.

It seems much of the reasoning for the collection of the Qur'an into a written form was due to the widespread divergences which were found in different groups, and their political ramifications among different peoples living within the Caliphate who sought to promote their own versions.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
It is the compilation of Qur'anic manuscripts which was compiled under the direction of Caliph Uthman which is treated as infallible by the majority of Muslims today. In Islam's early centuries, this was not taken as read of course.

It seems much of the reasoning for the collection of the Qur'an into a written form was due to the widespread divergences which were found in different groups, and their political ramifications among different peoples living within the Caliphate who sought to promote their own versions.
During Caliphate, Islam had reached far and wide in the foreign countries of the world as far as Kerala in India , writing was scarce as compared to the present times. So, Quran :

1.committed to the memory of the Muslims as a first measure.
2. as well as committed to writing as soon as it was revealed to Muhammad as a secondary measure

needed standardization and published in the world. It was standardization that was done in the time Uthman.
Right? Please

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Is the universe chaotic?

"In this physical world there is no real chaos; all is in fact orderly; all is ordered by the physical principles. Chaos is but unperceived order- it is a word indicating the limitations of the human mind and the paucity of observational facts. The words “chaos,” “accidental,” “chance,” “unpredictable," are conveniences behind which we hide our ignorance."

Harlow Shapley*
From Of Stars and Men: The Human Response to an Expanding Universe (1958 Rev. Ed. 1964), Foreword.

Please
Regards

Born: 2 November 1885, Nashville
Died: 20 October 1972, Boulder, Colorado, United States
Discovered: 878 Mildred
Children: Lloyd Shapley
Movies: Of Stars and Men

joelr

Second Law of Thermodynamics is that entropy is always increasing. Until you reach maximum entropy then you are in a state of equillibrium.

Entropy is disorder, chaos and the like.
So the Universe is slowly growing more chaotic.

stevevw

What does the science say about it?
Please quote from a text book of science and or from a peer reviewed article in a reputed journal of science in support of your opinion.
Regards
According to this article which comes from scientific research the universe is made up of information and works like a computer binary code. So I would say that's pretty orderly.

“So, what is the universe? The universe is a physical system that contains and processes information in a systematic fashion and that can do everything a computer can do.”
The theory of everything: The universe is 'like a COMPUTER underlined by information'

Cobol

Code Jockey
Perhaps the universe is both chaotic AND orderly, and it is useful to examine it from each point of view.

As for chaos and order seeming to be logically exclusive, and thus the possibility of the universe being described by both logically inconsistent, I know of no proof that the universe is logically consistent. That is, that it can be completely described by one, logically consistent, set of axioms.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Perhaps the universe is both chaotic AND orderly, and it is useful to examine it from each point of view.

As for chaos and order seeming to be logically exclusive, and thus the possibility of the universe being described by both logically inconsistent, I know of no proof that the universe is logically consistent. That is, that it can be completely described by one, logically consistent, set of axioms.
How about the universe can not be described at all.....meaning the true reality meant to be represented by the concept 'universe' is beyond knowing, thus beyond description. However science is welcome to try, but the debate will never have an end because there no limitation to the number of aspects of the one universe that can be created in the human mind, how does one make sense of infinite relative conceived aspects of one?