• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the UK’s civil service racist?

Altfish

Veteran Member
Or is it that they do not like being told what to do by an elected woman?

John Bercow treated his underlings far worse and for much longer.

John Bercow’s bullying accuser David Leakey slams ex-Speaker’s denial as ‘laughable’

The hypocritical Labour party want to put Bercow in the House of Lords but will no doubt condemn Priti out of hand.
Bercow is a Tory too.

As my Mum always said, "Two wrongs don't make a right"
It is the right who are being hypocritical, they hounded Bercow and now try to defend Patel.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Bercow is a Tory too.

As my Mum always said, "Two wrongs don't make a right"
It is the right who are being hypocritical, they hounded Bercow and now try to defend Patel.

Only someone with the word Leftie written in their bones like Blackpool rock would try to defend Bercow.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I wonder what that bloke who used to run a tanning salon in Luton thinks of Patel. Wossisname? Yaxley-something?

Altfish

Veteran Member
Only someone with the word Leftie written in their bones like Blackpool rock would try to defend Bercow.
When I
have I defended Bercow; I'm just saying that Patel should be treated similarly - let's hear the evidence from both cases.

Notanumber

A Free Man
When I
have I defended Bercow; I'm just saying that Patel should be treated similarly - let's hear the evidence from both cases.

Is Starmer in favour of Bercow receiving a position in the House of Lords regardless of all the bullying accusations made against Bercow?

Altfish

Veteran Member
Is Starmer in favour of Bercow receiving a position in the House of Lords regardless of all the bullying accusations made against Bercow?
All I've heard about Bercow is allegations, no evidence.
Patel, the evidence came to the fore. Johnson appointed her, a known liar who was sacked by May for just that, lying to Parliament.

Notanumber

A Free Man
All I've heard about Bercow is allegations, no evidence.
Patel, the evidence came to the fore. Johnson appointed her, a known liar who was sacked by May for just that, lying to Parliament.

May let the civil servants walk all over her and the country. The buck stops with Priti and she has the right to be in charge on behalf of the electorate.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Sorry, I should have said on behalf of us democrats.
No, you who believe in dictatorships.
btw Bullying in the workplace is illegal and can lead to legal proceedings as has been threatened.
Whether it is Bercow or Patel, it is not nice and should be condemned

Notanumber

A Free Man
No, you who believe in dictatorships.
btw Bullying in the workplace is illegal and can lead to legal proceedings as has been threatened.
Whether it is Bercow or Patel, it is not nice and should be condemned

The guy is a snowflake that had become used to being the boss and did not like it when he met the new boss.

The Home Office was a joke under his leadership.

Altfish

Veteran Member
The guy is a snowflake that had become used to being the boss and did not like it when he met the new boss.

The Home Office was a joke under his leadership.
Once again you refuse to condemn the indefensible because she's 'on your side' . It's ok for Patel to bully but not for Bercow.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
May let the civil servants walk all over her and the country. The buck stops with Priti and she has the right to be in charge on behalf of the electorate.

But........ But........... A civil servant should not be bullied, harassed, insulted, etc. And any civil servant has the right to claim constructive dismissal and put a case before a court.

We've all got employment rights here, and so have civil servants. If Priti Patel has been swearing and shouting at her staff then they have the right to walk out.

If this is true (all subject to any court case) then she's a nasty piece of work and can go to ----. :)

GoodbyeDave

The job of the Civil Service is to implement the policies of the ministers. But many senior civil servants have always pushed their own politics: either the Minister caves in or they fight back. In the old days, the battles were conducted in private, but now the civil servants are getting like USians — "You weren't fair — I'll sue you." Remember than in a business an obstructive employee can be sacked, but a civil servant can't.

PS I once worked in the Home Office, so I have seen this sort of thing.

Notanumber

A Free Man
He cocked up Windrush and Rudd took the blame for him. He should be thankful that he kept his very highly paid job then when he should have accepted the responsibility like a man.

Altfish

Veteran Member
He cocked up Windrush and Rudd took the blame for him. He should be thankful that he kept his very highly paid job then when he should have accepted the responsibility like a man.
If he is such a bad manager, why didn't they just dismiss him ?
Why did they try to buy his silence?

Notanumber

A Free Man
If he is such a bad manager, why didn't they just dismiss him ?
Why did they try to buy his silence?

Civil servants believe they can do what they like without suffering any consequences for their actions or inactions as the case may be.

Having seen him on the BBC and the way he is squealing I can only assume that he got his job through nepotism.

If he is an example of the calibre of the people that have been negotiating with the EU for the past three or more years, no wonder they have until recently walked all over us.