• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is The Trend Going to Last?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
A number of prominent men who have been sexually abusive towards women have been outed in recent months -- often with largely unprecedented negative consequences to them. I'm wondering whether this is the beginning of a change in common morality towards such behavior and its perpetrators, or if this is just a passing thing -- and all too soon we'll be back to "normal"? What do you think?

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
A number of prominent men who have been sexually abusive towards women have been outed in recent months -- often with largely unprecedented negative consequences to them. I'm wondering whether this is the beginning of a change in common morality towards such behavior and its perpetrators, or if this is just a passing thing -- and all too soon we'll be back to "normal"? What do you think?

Donald Trump was elected president after bragging on video about grabbing women by the . . . . and you want to know if things are going to change? I wouldn't hold your breath.

Last edited:

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

I always go with the pendulum effect, it will swing until is absurdly against men and then swing back. The arc will get progressively smaller but we are still many years away from it stopping.

My case is the Franklin case, yes he was wrong but listening to the woman in an interview and after 10 years still feeling like that scares me. It may get to the point where you are brought up on charges for looking at a women to long because she was offended. Actually our Sexual Harassment course at work specifically tells us not to stare more than 5 secs.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Back to the OP: No doubt that there is a lot sexual harassment to be dealt with. That said, we have to push back against victimhood culture.

suncowiam

One of the goal of this trend is to prevent future abuse from happening. So hopefully it does die down due to the abuse stopping.