• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the Solomonic dynasty, the longest dynasty in history?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
1974 is when the Solomonic dynasty of the Ethiopian Empire ended, and the Solomonic dynasty began with the Son of King Solomon, in 1270 BC.

So, for a dynasty to last from 1270 BC to 1974 AD, that is longer than the Roman Empire....a lot longer actually: 3,244 years. That is actually the longest surviving dynasty I can think of off the top of my head.

I will give a hundred dollars to the first person here who can tell me a dynasty that survived longer than 3,244 years.
monopoly money ;)

That is a long LONG friggin time, and Europeans were not able to colonize the Ethiopian Empire, and Italians lost more than 15,000 soldiers trying to colonize Ethiopia, and lost the first Italo Ethiopian war.

The second Italo Ethiopian war, the resurrected Roman Empire of the 20th century, briefly conquered much of Ethiopian Empire land, but only because Italians used large amounts of gas attacks , ( they had to resort to after Emperor Haile Selassie's successful winter offensive, which dealt quite a demoralizing blow to the Roman Empire!)

But even after Italy declared victory, the Ethiopian Emperor kept fighting on , and guerrilla attacks, resistance, and rebellions continued, until Haile Selassie was soon back into power in his country, during the second world war, until Communists destroyed his dynasty in 1974, and later he was executed.

Point being, those Ethiopians were good fighters. No Europeans could colonize them, and Italians never would have been able to without poisonous gas attacks, which Ethiopian soldiers had no gas masks or defense against.

It was a costly war, roughly as many casualties as the American Civil War (the costliest war for America, in American history).

Ethiopia interests me, because for the longest time they were called beta Israel, and they were basically the surviving David Kingdom for so long, and the closest thing to the nation of Israel too, for many centuries.

In the 2nd Italian Ethiopian war, they fought a 20th century Roman Empire, which included Somalia, Libya, and that fought many Eritreans as well.

I would argue Ethiopia won both of their wars with Italy, because poison gas is cheating, plus Italy occupied the territory not very long, and guerrilla attacks, resistance, and rebellion continued until Italians were driven out.

Also, Ethiopia venerates Saint George, has him on many of their flags, George was a Roman soldier, and ironically they give him thanks and praise for defeating the Romans. ;)

Ethiopia is also where the Ark of the Old Covenant is kept. Solomon had a son with the Ethiopian Queen of Sheba who visited him to hear his wisdom, poems, and parables, and his son with her, started the Solomonic dynasty, and brought the Ark to Ethiopia. ;)

So, is there a dynasty that lasted longer than the Solomonic dynasty?

Also, the Solomonic dynasty in Ethiopia, it kinda sorta started with King Saul, which means even older than 3,244 years;)
710RlGe5TqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
il_fullxfull.1857802886_fzhj.jpg
A013984_Haile-Selassie-raises-the-Ethiopian-flag-after-five-years-of-Italian-occupation (1).jpg
1200px-Imperial_coat_of_arms_of_Ethiopia_(Haile_Selassie).svg.png

On the reverse of the Lion of Judah flag is Saint George (@JustGeorge, do you have a white horse and slay Dragons?:))
et_sg1.gif

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Hey! I'm not for give-aways!
Clever! :D

I don't recall your avatar being my inspiration for saying that. Rather , I was trying to motivate people to give me a dynasty that lasted longer than the Solomonic Dynasty, and I wanted to give them reason to do the research.

But knew I didn't have 100 dollars to be offering, and needed reason to motivate people to start finding me info, because my google search just brought the Yamato dynasty, which didn't even last as long as the Solomonic Dynasty. But there is a Monopoly game in this facility I could steal from. :p

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The Yamato dynasty is listed as the longest lasting, because it began in 660 BC, and it continues until this very present day, with an Emperor of Japan, only man on earth with the title "Emperor".

However, if the world goes on for another six centuries, that Yamato Dynasty of Japan, will have been a longer dynasty than the Solomonic Dynasty of the Sensational, Spiritual, Mystical, intriguing, Sacred, Amazingly Great Ethiopian Empire of the Rastafarian King of Kings, Lion of the Tribe of Judah! ;)

9591b7fb180b177ffbaf65cd64fbeb06.jpg
38e12c98d3cac22b8b4966eed5d1696d--rasta-art-jah-rastafari.jpg
images.jpg istockphoto-155650736-612x612.jpg