• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the republican primary process freer and fairer then the democrats primary process ?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Imo the republican primary process us freer and fairer then that if the democratic process. I think Donald trump is proof of that.

Imo to many states on the dems have a winner take all . Also the problem with super delegates. What other factors do you see?

I understand these can vary by state.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Imo the republican primary process us freer and fairer then that if the democratic process. I think Donald trump is proof of that.

Imo to many states on the dems have a winner take all . Also the problem with super delegates. What other factors do you see?

What really fascinates me about this one is which is the minority that the forefathers foresaw needed protection. Apparently the working class is a majority with little power so it's kind of interesting how the states end up balance things out.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I don't think either can be called freer. Fairer is the debatable point. I'll bet the farm that some Republicans are thinking about making sure there's no chance for another Trump to get the nomination and if they succeed I expect a rules change.

The Democratic Party has gone back and forth as well on the primary rules depending on what those in charge are trying to do. It's the nature of power.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The issue is they are party elections, the parties are free, more-or-less, to make the rules as they go along, and it is these "fan club" elections (that sometimes you have to be registered to to vote in) that consistently turn out candidates that don't have wide national support.
And don't forget, last time around the Republicans made everyone sign and agreement that if they weren't the parties chosen one they wouldn't run third party.

Skipper

Wrong is wrong,/ Make America moral again.
My belief is that the primary system does not produce the best candidates. We need to go back to the old smoke-filled room system. I didn't like it when it was the method used by both parties ... but since it was replaced the primary system has proven to be even less desirable.

99% of all politicians are corrupt, power hungry, egotistical, selfish, bought-off, spineless, hypocritical, conniving cretins. They don't have the interest and welfare of the American people in mind. They are part of an elitist corrupt gang run by people much more powerful than themselves. They are pathetic puppets. MONEY, GREED , AND POWER have always run the world and always will. It's sad but true. Trump is a POS as a human being. It doesn't matter if he's President or someone else, they are all corrupt puppets. POTUS stands for Puppet of the United States,not President.

Milton Platt

I don't like "winner take all" or super delegates. Having said that, your question is like asking if it is fairer to hit your left thumb or your right thumb with a hammer.