• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the new Democratic strategy to keep the economy slow and suppressed till AFTER elections?

whirlingmerc

"It's the economy stupid" Bill Clinton

And is the left really callous enough to try to keep the economy in moth balls till after they try and shove 'Sleepy Joe' in? Even if it's not in the interest of the people?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

And is the left really callous enough to try to keep the economy in moth balls till after they try and shove 'Sleepy Joe' in? Even if it's not in the interest of the people?
Are Republicans so malicious and anti-social they have to politicize a crisis in order to sacrifice people to Mammon?

whirlingmerc

Are Republicans so malicious and anti-social they have to politicize a crisis in order to sacrifice people to Mammon?

Nope, they are not.

But you take your advice from the devil??? really???
I would not even joke about that and not watching the Lucifer series either..

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
As during the Obama years, there is a devious plan to get Fema to take over the government, but since the Dems lost the presidential election last time they can't do it until Trump gets voted out. They really fumbled! Then at last the republic will be replaced by a Democrat who will force the US to join the EU, and then (they think) everyone will live happily ever after as a subsidiary of Germany with universal healthcare and obscene taxes on republicans. The Germans are the ones trying to pin things on the Russians, so that nobody knows what's actually going on. You'll see. Thank God for facebook. That's all I can say about it.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
How does responsible risk mitigation

They're simply doing what any responsible, civilized society would do. Dismissing scientific facts just because bumpkins either don't understand it or find it inconvenient is childish and imbecilic.

whirlingmerc

This is offensive to you, why and how? It matters, why? Did I bring your deity into this?

That is you. I, obviously, am not you (though once I was more like you).

Looks pretty lame to me, as well.
Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 7.52.33 PM.png

The WSJ depicts a sad truth. The lockdown hurts the poor.

So why do it, particularly why not open up where possible.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
View attachment 40269

Of course the lockdown is causing economic hardship, and of course this needs to be address and alleviated, but allowing sickness and death to spread like wildfire isn't the solution. Jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire isn't going to cool you off.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
View attachment 40269

The lockdown hurts alot of people. The virus will hurt more of them in worse ways, many of them it will kill. This is not normal times. Trying to be normal is going to get tons of people needlesely killed and made critically ill. Basically, we can choose the path thats going to hurt less, and that is a world of lockdowns. It's a crisis. Random stuff happens. Bad things happen. All we can do is adapt to this new reality until we have treatments. Unless, that is, you prefer to see backhoes digging trenches for mass buriels and temporary morgues being erected.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Of course the lockdown is causing economic hardship, and of course this needs to be address and alleviated, but allowing sickness and death to spread like wildfire isn't the solution. Jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire isn't going to cool you off.
I see it more like jumping in front of a firing squad using "Russian Roulette Rules" guns.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Damn, what did I miss?
Not much. Usual incident of a Christian thinking anyone who would even have anything remotely to do with the Devil is suspect. Although they'll usually mention my signature, which makes it all the better because it's from a very silly song that has a very high level of being tongue-in-cheek.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Trump has been warning about that possibility that they're going to keep this going until the elections to make him look bad. Covid was an opportunity to do that.

But that's according to Trump.

In fairness, I don't think we'll be able to know if that's true or not until the election itself.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The lockdown hurts alot of people. The virus will hurt more of them in worse ways, many of them it will kill. This is not normal times. Trying to be normal is going to get tons of people needlesely killed and made critically ill. Basically, we can choose the path thats going to hurt less, and that is a world of lockdowns. It's a crisis. Random stuff happens. Bad things happen. All we can do is adapt to this new reality until we have treatments. Unless, that is, you prefer to see backhoes digging trenches for mass buriels and temporary morgues being erected.
The fact remains that the vast majority of untreated people who get covid-19 will survive.

We're talking about 1.3% death rate specifically due to Covid 19.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-05-covid-death.html

Regardless it's still enough people where you want to maintain proper distance ,mask ,washing hands, and all that. It does buy enough proper time as attempts to make a vaccine are underway.

Last edited:

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?

This thinking is a result of too much right winger commentary intake. No one wants the economy to fail. We need a better system but not at the expense of a third of our population because of a pandemic. Really a foolish idea that it's a ploy to get our great leader replaced. He doesn't need any extra help for that. It's natural for him.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
The fact remains that the vast majority of untreated people who get covid-19 will survive.

We're talking about 1.3% death rate specifically due to Covid 19.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-05-covid-death.html

Regardless it's still enough people where you want to maintain proper distance ,mask ,washing hands, and all that. It does buy enough proper time as attempts to make a vaccine are underway.
Which is fine, right?
That 1.3% die?
Wonder how that 1.3% feel about it?

I know
I know
Can't make an omelet without breaking an egg, right?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
To be fair to the show, I’d gladly dance my way into hell for Tom Ellis.
Woof!!
Not my type. I like David Tennant. For Mr. Ten Inch I would go with him to Heaven and Hell, the coldest and darkest reaches of the cosmos and to the ends of time (with lots of heated intellectual wars of love fought inbetween while we sail in his blue police box):hearteyes:
And there is Jonathan Frakes, sailing with the Cosmos with a fine specimen of a male and masculinity and a smile that melts.:blush: