• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the Muslim Jesus cited in the Qur'an possibly historical?

VoidoftheSun

Necessary Heretical, Fundamentally Orthodox
The only reason a person would have for believing the Quran accounts of Jesus are historical is if they believe that Muhammad was literally given this information by an angel of God.

Which would be like (though not identical because the Torah is mainly just biography and not revelation) what you already claim with the Torah. Except the gap between the writing of the Torah, the life of Moses and the events of Genesis are so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so far apart.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I don't think you have any evidence that Paul turned "a beautiful movement in to a nightmare." The nightmare only began with the trinitarian philosophers, of which Paul was not one.

I believe the non-trinitarians have their own fantasies at night and day. The facts don't support them. Paul is a trinitarian.

Muffled

Jesus in me
In Islam, the final authority is with Qu'an and the people who have studied it thoroughly.It cannot, either the person will be stoned to death or killed.

I believe it was that way with the RCC until the Reformation except for the Orthodox which was much too big for them to attack.

I believe the idea that the NT isn't valid doesn't come from the Qu'ran. It comes from Muslims who wish to ignore it.

eik

I believe the non-trinitarians have their own fantasies at night and day. The facts don't support them. Paul is a trinitarian.
No, Paul is not a trinitarian, because "trinitarian" has a specific reference to "that trinity" as codified by the Council of Chalcedon, which demanded acknowledgement of a specific terminology involving God the Son in two non-blendable natures, and God the Holy Spirit as being homoousios with the Father, and Mary the mother of Christ as the "theokotos." Nowhere in his writings is Paul shown to subscribe to any of this pedantry, which I suspect he would have severely rebuked.