• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the Jesus in the Quran the same in the Bible?

Ashraf

I understand your point of view. Being an atheist, you have a material understanding of the scriptures. Is the nature of your question rhetorical, are you criticizing the believe in God with it? Or do you really not know the aswer, a muslim will give? To answer your question, the only credibility of the Quran is God. Verily, if you don't believe in God, or that Muhammad was a messenger, there is not a single drop of credibility in the Holy Quran.

The interesting thing is, that even a crucifiction is relative. I want to give this thread some thoughts, that may make people understand the mismatch of the Bible and Quran version of the crucifiction. Let's look at the verse in the Quran:

And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger - they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain.
But Allah took him up unto Himself. Allah was ever Mighty, Wise.
4:157-158

This verse is quite mysterious. They slew him not, but it appeared so unto them, what does that mean? In which way was he taken up to God? Probably, the Quran doesn't talk about Jesus body. A body can't be with God. I think, a good way to look at it, is to take the Bible. There are some interesting verses in the Bible, that explain very well the meaning of this Quran verse.

"Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die"
John 11:25
"Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"
John 8:58
"Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."
John 2:19

Jesus has a physical body, which can be killed. But this is not his true nature. His true nature is the eternal Logos, the Word of God.
Jesus himself implied in these 3 verses, that they didn't kill him.
How can you kill someone, who is the resurrection and the life?
If his believers live, even though they die, is it not logical, that he himself lives, even though he dies?
If he existed, before abraham, it is logical that he existed after his death. You can't kill the I AM!
This is even clearer, because Jesus raised his body up when he was dead. A dead being can't do anything. The last verse clearly stated, that Jesus was living, even though his body died.

Jesus appeared to die, but he was living the whole time, before Abraham, and after his own death. That is the meaning of the Holy Quran verse. That is why I listed some contradictions, that only appeared to be contradictions.

Exactly like "I am moving at 0 mp/h & I am moving at 1000 mp/h" are both true at the same time, depending on how you look at it.
"Jesus died & Jesus did not die" is also both true at the same time, depending on how you look at it.

A professor of Islam says the same in Wikipedia, so there are at least 2 people, who look at it like that :)

In regard to the interpretation of the Muslims who accept the crucifixion, Mahmoud Ayoub states:
The Qur'an is not here speaking about a man, righteous and wronged though he may be, but about the Word of God who was sent to earth and returned to God. Thus the denial of killing of Jesus is a denial of the power of men to vanquish and destroy the divine Word, which is for ever victorious.

The Holy Qur'an is very clear in confirming they did not (kill) Jesus Christ. So the crucifixion of Jesus Christ never took place. When someone is killed like in crucifixion, their body is left as evidence and that never happened in the case of Jesus Christ

mahasn ebn sawresho

No he can't be the same as in the Bible, because the Bible was tampered with over the years. It is not longer in its true form that Allah gave it in. That's why there are so many translations today. Only the one and only Holy Qur'an has the true depiction of Jesus pbuh.
. Do you think that the Koran is true ???
Do you believe in the Koran ?
When he says that Jews such as donkeys and calls for the extermination of the Jews ?

mahasn ebn sawresho

There is a contradiction in the Quran
I say who was on the cross is not the Christ
The second position is the following verse and write in Arabic
سلام عليا يوم ولدت ويوم اموت ويوم ابعث حيا
This verse in which three information is
1. birth
2. Death
3. Life and Resurrection
Death by Resurrection
The question is how Christ died ???
It's a clear contradiction which is different from the first verse

mahasn ebn sawresho

I want to give you a lie of the Koran in the crucifixion of Christ and the proof of the mind
I write in Arabic
القران يقول
ان الله رفع المسيح والذي كان على الصليب هو شبيه المسيح ؟؟
هل تعتقدون ان الله يكذب على الناس ؟؟
هل تعتقدون ان الله يضع رجل بريء محل المسيح ؟؟
لماذا يكذب الله على الناس ؟؟
هذه الكذبة لم يكشفها الله ؟؟
ولكن محمد اعلن كذب الله على الانسانية لمدة 600 سنة ؟؟
والان اقدم لكم رايا قانونيا
اصدرت محكمة الجنايات حكم الموت على المدعو يسوع
ولكن الله رفع جسد يسوع الى السماء
واستبدله بانسان اخر يشبه يسوع ؟؟
هل يقبل القانونيين هذا ؟؟
سؤالي الى القانونيين
And also in English
The Koran says
That God raise Christ and who was on the cross of Christ is like ??
Do you think that God is lying to people ??
Do you think that God puts innocent man Christ shop ??
Why did God lie to people ??
This lie is not detected by God ??
But Mohammed said God lied to humanity for 600 years ??
Now, to give you a legal opinion
Criminal Court issued a death sentence on a man named Jesus
But God lifted the body of Jesus to heaven
And replace it upon another Jesus looks like ??
Do you accept this legal ??
My question to the legal

raph

The Holy Qur'an is very clear in confirming they did not (kill) Jesus Christ. So the crucifixion of Jesus Christ never took place. When someone is killed like in crucifixion, their body is left as evidence and that never happened in the case of Jesus Christ

Peace be upon you

The Quran also says, that it appeared like he was crucified, so the crucifiction took place. I know the Hadith, where Judas gets Jesus face. But Id rather believe a Bible that was written 50 years after Jesus, then a Hadith, that was written 150 years after Muhammad.
Jesus didn't die, because he is I AM, the eternal Word of God. The Holy verse shows us, that people can't do anything to kill Allahs messenger. They don't even kill him, if they crucify him. As much as it appears, that people kill Allahs messengers, never gets He killed in truth.
The jews didn't win, even though it looked like it. The jews saw Jesus body die, that is why they thought, that they have won. But in truth, noone can kill the Word of God. They can only destroy the temple, not the actual messenger.

And that is why, we need to consider the Bible, when interpreting the Quran:

And certainly were messengers denied before you, but they were patient over [the effects of] denial, and they were harmed until Our victory came to them. And none can alter the words of Allah. And there has certainly come to you some information about the [previous] messengers. 6:34

O you who have believed, believe in Allah and His Messenger and the Book that He sent down upon His Messenger and the Scripture which He sent down before. And whoever disbelieves in Allah, His angels, His books, His messengers, and the Last Day has certainly gone far astray. 4:136

And We sent, following in their footsteps, Jesus, the son of Mary, confirming that which came before him in the Torah; and We gave him the Gospel, in which was guidance and light and confirming that which preceded it of the Torah as guidance and instruction for the righteous. 5:46

And let the People of the Gospel judge by what Allah has revealed therein. And whoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed - then it is those who are the defiantly disobedient. 5:47

And We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], the Book in truth, confirming that which preceded it of the Scripture and as a criterion over it. (...) 5:48

And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit. MT 27, 50

Why Jesus body was not in the tomb is a mystery to me. But I don't think it is possible for a body, to be with God. What is flesh is flesh. The finity body can't reach the infinite God.

Peace be on you.
The Ahmadiyya-Muslim understanding is otherwise, and it is here:

Salam

I like the Ahmadiyya movement. Ghulam Ahmad had a great spiritual understanding. But I don't agree with everythin he said.

Last edited:

mahasn ebn sawresho

I want you to look at all aspects of the Koran
I am a Christian author of Judaism in the first place
My faith in Judaism as the foundation of the Christian faith

mahasn ebn sawresho

Christ was a Jew originally
Was in Jerusalem
Christ declared full acceptance in the most important commandments of the Torah which is the Ten Commandments
Christ was able to offer God in the Torah to the world
Christ knew the Bible well
That is why we believe it is also

mahasn ebn sawresho

Of the most important principles of criminal laws in the world are
Following the legal base
Personal punishment
When in the judgment of the death penalty for Jesus
It must be that Jesus was crucified
If Jesus was replaced by another human being solid and looks like Jesus ??
This means that God lied to the people present ???
These were Jews and Romans also ??
This is what history says transferred to us ??
Do you believe the Koran ?
Or believe what history says ??
Did God also eliminates our minds ??
Denied by even believe us?

mahasn ebn sawresho

Who transferred accounts of Christ's crucifixion Jews also ??
Follow Christ and his disciples were Jews also ??
Thomas and Peter, Paul and Judas Iscariot
And Jacob, all of whom are Jews ??
Are these also lie ????