• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the height 5'8 1/2" still short?

Renji

If you want to be more awesome, gain more confidence. Confidence is not cocky it is self assured. People who are self concience rarely look confident.

I'm confident with some things, there I things that I'm not confident with though. It's kinda something that is not easy to attain for me. But yeah, I think I need more of that.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Usual height of some (if not majority) of my fellow Asians is at around 5'4 or 5'5, so that's still "cool" here.

I just thought that I could be more awesome if I'm a bit taller.:D

Personality and depth exceed height and physical matters. I think you over shadow many in that department, Renji. And for crying out loud, you're adorable. You've got the face of a model.

Cool isn't an issue. I'm not trying to give your ego an inflate here, I'm just trying to put things into perspective.

Renji

Personality and depth exceed height and physical matters. I think you over shadow many in that department, Renji. And for crying out loud, you're adorable. You've got the face of a model.

Cool isn't an issue. I'm not trying to give your ego an inflate here, I'm just trying to put things into perspective.
I just hope that folks like my cousins and friends notice the personality over the physical (and height :D). That's what matters. Well, atleast to me.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I'm confident with some things, there I things that I'm not confident with though. It's kinda something that is not easy to attain for me. But yeah, I think I need more of that.
If it was easy to obtain, it would not be a special trait or quite as desirable. The first step is to quit obsessing over your height, something you cannot control and focus on something you can which is to quit worring about these things. Building confidence takes time, thats why older men, (not ancient) are more appealing, they had time to become confident. It's an attitude, I can't be too short, my feet reach the ground. It would be different if you where 5'1" then your concern would be justified.

Draka

Wonder Woman
As others have stated, it really kind of depends on where you live and your race/ethnicity as to what is "average". You seem a pretty good height for where you are and who you are. And hey, you're an inch taller than Ryan Seacrest and his height doesn't seem to hinder his ability to be absolutely everywhere and be paid gobs of money. :p

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Hey Renji, though the confidence thing holds a great deal of truth...

Keep in mind, not all women find older men to be all that appealing, regardless as to how confident (or tall) they may be.

Last edited:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Hey Renji, though the confidence thing holds a great deal of truth...

Keep in mind, not all women find older men to be all that appealing, regardless as to how confident (or tall) they may be.
Renji's like what 19? I meant older men to him like 25 or so? Do you find 25 year olds creepy?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I just hope that folks like my cousins and friends notice the personality over the physical (and height :D). That's what matters. Well, atleast to me.

Don't put too much emphasis on what others think. You are what you think of yourself, not what others say you are. Sure, taking notes and trying to improve is good, but for something like this, it is best to just be yourself.

I've learned that whatever you do or say, you can never satisfy everyone. Just be yourself, and you will automatically gain a great deal of charm from that alone. ;)

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
That's my height.:p Am I short? Just asking coz some of my friends (and cousins who are mostly 6 footers) think that I'm short, but some would say that I'm tall. Kinda confused.:D

Brother, if you are short, then I am a friggin midget at 5"3-4

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
4'11"

I got everyone beat. :D

I can curl up and go to sleep on a flight. I fit in any economy car. I can crawl under things in order to pick up whatever has been dropped on the floor. When I spar in martial arts training, my lower center of gravity gives me quickness and mobility, and I have more targets on my opponents with their kidneys and ribs.

And anyone trying to attack me should be aware quickly that it's easier for me to take out their knees or to strike them in the groin.

My stature is also less intimidating for kids when we meet for the first time. I don't spend much time earning their trust since I look like them. ;)

I'm tiny. Teeny tiny itty bitty. I'm unique. It doesn't make me a better person than anyone else, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
4'11"

I got everyone beat. :D

I can curl up and go to sleep on a flight. I fit in any economy car. I can crawl under things in order to pick up whatever has been dropped on the floor. When I spar in martial arts training, my lower center of gravity gives me quickness and mobility, and I have more targets on my opponents with their kidneys and ribs.

And anyone trying to attack me should be aware quickly that it's easier for me to take out their knees or to strike them in the groin.

My stature is also less intimidating for kids when we meet for the first time. I don't spend much time earning their trust since I look like them. ;)

I'm tiny. Teeny tiny itty bitty. I'm unique. It doesn't make me a better person than anyone else, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.
All that matters is that your feet reach the ground.
Well, not all, but it's pretty useful.