• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the height 5'8 1/2" still short?

Renji

That's my height.:p Am I short? Just asking coz some of my friends (and cousins who are mostly 6 footers) think that I'm short, but some would say that I'm tall. Kinda confused.:D

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
For a full-grown man in the United States it's a little below average. I would consider it "normal" height, perhaps a little short. I'm a little taller than six feet.

Renji

For a full-grown man in the United States it's a little below average. I would consider it "normal" height, perhaps a little short. I'm a little taller than six feet.

Uh oh, I'm 19 already. But yeah, I'm Asian.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Thats a good height for an Asian man, above average actually from my experience. Here in the States, your not considered a little person or anything. Actually I wish I was your height every time I drive my BMW Z4. Flying commercial coach class has to be more comfortable as well for you. I would not be self concience about your height at all if I where you.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Considering that I'm 5'8 myself, it seems just fine to me. :D

And I'm of Irish/German stock, with cousins that often top out well above 6'.

Renji

Thats a good height for an Asian man, above average actually from my experience. Here in the States, your not considered a little person or anything.
Yey, hmp, those evil friends and cousins of mine, very judgmental! :D
Actually I wish I was your height every time I drive my BMW Z4. Flying commercial coach class has to be more comfortable as well for you.
How I wish I already have a car. Dad won't buy me. Oh well, I guess I'll have one when I already have a job, after I graduate.
I would not be self concience about your height at all if I where you.
Yup, I'm just asking views.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Your being so terribly short would explain why you overcompensate with
intelligent & learned commentary, combined with a scintillating personality.

Renji

Considering that I'm 5'8 myself, it seems just fine to me. :D

And I'm of Irish/German stock, with cousins that often top out well above 6'.

Good thing they don't "bully" you. My cousins do that usually to me("Man, you're already 19 and you're just that tall?") .:p

Last edited:

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Personality is key.

I don't think you're short. I'm short. I'm just about 5 four ish.

Any dude who may think he's awesomer (pretend that' s a word) cuz he resembles a burly tree (in height), should be careful. Some girl folk actually prefer dudes who are a little lesser than tallish. :)

Last edited:

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
That's my height.:p Am I short? Just asking coz some of my friends (and cousins who are mostly 6 footers) think that I'm short, but some would say that I'm tall. Kinda confused.:D

Same height as me!...if you're short, then I'm short, and I don't consider myself short. I'd say its average height.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I'm thinking how much fun it would be to be 5'8'' Oh don't forget that 1/2" LOL, and dance with six foot plus women.

Renji

Oh, yes.
I tower over you at 5'10"

Damn it, you tall people! hmp.

But IIRC, the epiphyseal/growth plates in the long bones closes by the age of 21 (as long as it's still "open", a person can still grow), I'm 19 so still have 2 years more before it closes. Still have some hope of having a half inch or two added on my height.:p

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Considering that I currently stand 5'8", I don't think you are short at all -- or tall, for that matter. :D

It largely depends on where you are, though.

Last edited:

Renji

Personality is key.

I don't think you're short. I'm short. I'm just about 5 four ish.

Usual height of some (if not majority) of my fellow Asians is at around 5'4 or 5'5, so that's still "cool" here.

Any dude who may think he's awesomer (pretend that' s a word) cuz he resembles a burly tree (in height), should be careful. Some girl folk actually prefer dudes who are a little lesser than tallish. :)

I just thought that I could be more awesome if I'm a bit taller.:D

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
From personal experience, hazards of being tall. (I'm 6'4")

More prone to head injury. (Yes, we bump our heads a lot.)
More prone to joint problems.
More prone to back injury.
More prone to repetitive stress injury. (Due to work stations designed for average height)
And of course there are the issue of seating in many vehicles, airplanes, buses, etc.
And attempting to find a pair of pants in a 34x36 size is a pain in the behind.

But hey, I am always available to get that can of the top shelf for anyone...

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I don't find that short at all. My husband is only 1 1/2 inches taller than you (good for me - I'm only 5'5") and we're both Caucasians.