• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the Garden of Eden in South Africa?

calm

The Bible doesn't say what animals were there.
I think it is a logical conclusion that also the animals were in the Garden of Eden or at least nearby. Or do you think God created the animals 1000 km away from Adam and the Garden? If so, how could Adam give the animals their names?
And don't you think it's strange that very old maps in the southernmost part of Africa marked a ring from which 4 rivers emerge?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think it is a logical conclusion that also the animals were in the Garden of Eden or at least nearby. Or do you think God created the animals 1000 km away from Adam and the Garden? If so, how could Adam give the animals their names?
The Bible doesn't indicate or suggest, so it's illogical to think you can do more than make guesses and assumptions and have nothing definitive to back them up.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Nevertheless you should not trust this data.
Science also says that mankind and the earth are over millions of years old. Although the Bible says that we are in the year about 5500. Science also says that there was no worldwide flood, the Bible says there was. Science also says that we humans and monkeys have a common ancestor, the Bible of course does not say that.
Science contradicts the Bible in many ways.
Which is why the bible is errant and untrustworthy.

exchemist

Veteran Member
And don't you think it's strange that very old maps in the southernmost part of Africa marked a ring from which 4 rivers emerge?
Not really.

But what maps do you have in mind? The one you showed before is not the Southernmost part of Africa but 6000km to the North, and you have misread it completely.

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
The rivers named in the Bible are specific and put the Garden of Eden in the what is known as the fertile crescent.
Actually I think somewhere near the headwaters of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers would better match the text. Just gotta find the two other rivers. (Actually, there *are* two others having headwaters in the same general area.)

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money
What do you think about the theory that says that the Garden of Eden is in South Africa?

Interestingly, some old maps inscribe the Southernmost Africa with a ring, from which four rivers emerge.
http://www.myoldmaps.com/late-medieval-maps-1300/240-albertin-de-virga-world/240-de-virga.pdf

What do you think?

Aden is a Yemen place in Arabic but not this aden city exactly
But the fact is that the Euphrates and Tigris, and the regions of the Middle East now are not so beautiful, although our government in the UAE is developing infrastructure and fictional projects, but there are much more beautiful and green areas

There is talk about Prophet Muhammad
He says that at the end of the desert the Arabian Peninsula will turn into trees, greenery and rivers

Wandering Monk

Actually I think somewhere near the headwaters of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers would better match the text. Just gotta find the two other rivers. (Actually, there *are* two others having headwaters in the same general area.)

Egyptologist David Rohl thinks he has a good idea where Eden was using geographic and place name clues. He thinks it was near Tabriz in Azerbaijan. I don't believe Eden was the home of the first two humans; that is nonsense, but it is possible that the Jewish authors believed there ancestors were from this area. From an anthropological point of view, it is interesting that so many innovations after the Neolithic Revolution can be traced to this region.

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
Egyptologist David Rohl thinks he has a good idea where Eden was using geographic and place name clues. He thinks it was near Tabriz in Azerbaijan.
If "educated scholars" have no mythical and astronomical insights, they just assumes lot of things, especially taking celestial/heavenly/mythical topics as geographical locations everywhere on the Earth.

The "Garden of Eden" appears in the biblical context of the Creation of the ancient known part of the observable Universe, our Milky Way.

The mythical description of the central creation and formation in the galactic center is allegorized as "the growth in a garden where everything is created". It´s a "place in heaven", also named "Paradise".
I don't believe Eden was the home of the first two humans; that is nonsense,
I sort of believe it was. If you think of "humans created in the images of the prime female and male celestial figures" you can find the two hemisphere contours of the Milky Way imagined as a woman on the southern hemisphere and as a man on the northern hemisphere i.e. Eve & Adam.

Links:
Eve - The great Mother Goddess
Adam - The Greatest God in Heaven

Of course E & A are NOT humans but just biblical/mythical/cosmological descriptions and images of "what´s up there in the Sky!" and what it means for us humans. The galactic Adam and Eve is closely connected to the creation in the Milky Way which center is biblically and mythically called "The Garden of Eden" or Paradise in the Sky.

"Eden" has nothing to do with any geographical location at all.

Wandering Monk

If "educated scholars" have no mythical and astronomical insights, they just assumes lot of things, especially taking celestial/heavenly/mythical topics as geographical locations everywhere on the Earth.

The "Garden of Eden" appears in the biblical context of the Creation of the ancient known part of the observable Universe, our Milky Way.

The mythical description of the central creation and formation in the galactic center is allegorized as "the growth in a garden where everything is created". It´s a "place in heaven", also named "Paradise".

I sort of believe it was. If you think of "humans created in the images of the prime female and male celestial figures" you can find the two hemisphere contours of the Milky Way imagined as a woman on the southern hemisphere and as a man on the northern hemisphere i.e. Eve & Adam.

Links:
Eve - The great Mother Goddess
Adam - The Greatest God in Heaven

Of course E & A are NOT humans but just biblical/mythical/cosmological descriptions and images of "what´s up there in the Sky!" and what it means for us humans. The galactic Adam and Eve is closely connected to the creation in the Milky Way which center is biblically and mythically called "The Garden of Eden" or Paradise in the Sky.

"Eden" has nothing to do with any geographical location at all.

Thanks for your opinion.

JesusKnowsYou

I knew of one Christian that seriously argued that it was in New Jersey.
What reasons did they give for this belief?
Since it is make believe one can have the Garden of Eden wherever one wants.
I believe that the Garden of Eden was a literal place and that Adam and Eve were literal people.
And happy birthday!
Thank you! That's so sweet.

I'm one year closer to leaving this world and finding out all of this stuff on my own!

JesusKnowsYou

I was born there, so it stands to reason. Obviously.

Just as Joseph of Arimathea was supposed - by the English, naturally ;) - to have visited England.
Aw. Interesting.

I do not live in Jackson County, Missouri.

Yet, I believe it to be the place because men I believe were prophets of God claimed that it was.