• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the earth only a few thousand years old?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
It is my belief that any Christian who claims that the Earth is only 6,000 years old is applying incorrect translation and interpretation to the Biblical text - because I don't see that when I read it.
I obviously don't get an exact number - but there is nothing that suggests that the Earth is that young.

Yes, even in Scripture the word 'day ' has shades of meaning '.
For example: Jesus spoke of Noah's day and we know that was Not a 24-hour day.
ALL of the 'creative days' are summed up by the word ' day ' at Genesis 2:4.
There is Nothing in Scripture that even says whether each creative day was of the same or of differing lengths of time.
Some science because of the accuracy of microwaves CMBR ( cosmic microwave background radiation ) date the earth and universe as billions of years which is Not out of harmony with Genesis.
So, then it seems that it is only the fake 'weed/tares' Christians that believe Earth is only 6,000 years old.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
..........and Biden hasn't yet reversed the American loss of ideal in that way (not yet) enough to really get back to where we were. He may though. I'll wait and see.

In Scripture I find we will 'Not get back to where we were' because we are in the last days of badness on Earth as found at 2 Timothy 3:1-5.13.
What I find is ' wait and see ' as to what is recorded at 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3.
When the powers that be will be saying, " Peace and Security...." that will prove to be the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14,9 and climax with Jesus taking the action of Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-15.
The 'executional words from Jesus' mouth' will rid the Earth of wickedness.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Criticism is an enterprise. A practice. Not some scientific experiment. So dont bring red herrings like science into it.

I didnt say "methodological criticism". Please be kind enough to brush up on what New Testament criticism is.

Cheers.
Do you use a methodological genre criticism or is it just a confirmation bias?.
That's what you said. I had no idea what you were referring to. When I googled methodological genre criticism, the results indicated it had something to do with the assessment of science.

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".
In Scripture I find we will 'Not get back to where we were' because we are in the last days of badness on Earth as found at 2 Timothy 3:1-5.13.
What I find is ' wait and see ' as to what is recorded at 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3.
When the powers that be will be saying, " Peace and Security...." that will prove to be the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14,9 and climax with Jesus taking the action of Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-15.
The 'executional words from Jesus' mouth' will rid the Earth of wickedness.
Yes, that might be on the way, quite possibly. I have considered the wording of 2 timothy 3 there, quite carefully, and it's clear that all of them have accelerated and are strongly happening now. So, the stage is set for the more dramatic stuff it would seem.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
On behalf of nocturnal animals everywhere, I'm calling rubbish on that.
Speaking words does not make you correct. Remove planet earth in any cosmic thesis science no day.

Human experience only.

Science history elitism trade involves fake money also. Fakeness falseness. Stories. Be afraid they say oh we are the deep state they say.

The greatest state deepest state coldest state is empty space. Known to the psyche as the equals answer to their motivation choice.

We all we warned science is satanic mind obsessed and self possessed by ideas they know but do not remember inferring. As they now involve mind with rubbish trash words.

History man invented word use for science originally awareness of need natural and innate.

Fallen Prophet

Yes, even in Scripture the word 'day ' has shades of meaning '.
For example: Jesus spoke of Noah's day and we know that was Not a 24-hour day.
ALL of the 'creative days' are summed up by the word ' day ' at Genesis 2:4.
There is Nothing in Scripture that even says whether each creative day was of the same or of differing lengths of time.
Some science because of the accuracy of microwaves CMBR ( cosmic microwave background radiation ) date the earth and universe as billions of years which is Not out of harmony with Genesis.
So, then it seems that it is only the fake 'weed/tares' Christians that believe Earth is only 6,000 years old.
It was my understanding that the word translated to "day" in English is more accurate to translate as "period of time with a discernible beginning and end".

rational experiences

Veteran Member
It was my understanding that the word translated to "day" in English is more accurate to translate as "period of time with a discernible beginning and end".
Science beginnings was active now a memory.

Science AI belief subliminal reasoning not conscious living as higher aware advice. Mind use and psyche advice.

Possessed by memories

No day in reality as gases burning constantly are the same form gas constant that can constantly burn in vacuum cooling function. Term day.

No twelve in other words.

In science Noah was inferred to be a false day. As scientists today think the scientists of the past wiser and more intelligent. Which history says is fake advice.

As God did not build stone ark covenant or wood ark. Humans did.

God the earth as stone is sealed.
Volcano is the only God erection seal O breaking status. Where gas spirit came from first.

A sink hole is total removal of form. The ark theme that caused flooding radiation above our heads over mountain peak. To mass ground water shift evaporation. To natural atmospheric activated flooding counted as rained for forty days above our heads in mountains.

A day is human counted by humans.

Science thinks first. Knowing humans have radiation passing through their bodies daily eventually the cell body human just dies. Not sustained.

We consume energy ourselves and our cells still cannot survive as presence.

Notified to science whose claim is if I know that level or amount of radiation I can pass it through all bodies and I won't be harmed. His belief today.

The status what natural is already doing. Natural is not science.

Yet he sees sacrificed extra irradiated life already dying.

Is why he wants advice about Noah's day.

firedragon

Veteran Member
That's what you said. I had no idea what you were referring to. When I googled methodological genre criticism, the results indicated it had something to do with the assessment of science.

Oh God. If you want to find out something about genre criticism, just type "genre criticism". Maybe that will work.

And also read on other criticisms.

The method of carbon dating itself runs up to 60000 years in age. But the claim is the earth is 6000 years old. Also this is neglecting the other methodologies of radiometric dating....

I think the problem with all those dating systems is that they make certain assumptions that can’t really be checked to be true. By what I know, you can’t get a correct date for an object, if the person who does the dating doesn’t have some idea of how old the object should be for calibrating the system.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I think the problem with all those dating systems is that they make certain assumptions that can’t really be checked to be true. By what I know, you can’t get a correct date for an object, if the person who does the dating doesn’t have some idea of how old the object should be for calibrating the system.

Thats absolutely false.