• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the devil screwing with the radio transmission in Lawton, Oklahoma?

Jonathan Bailey

I listen to Catholic radio on 88.3 FM KOEG Walters, OK and have been since May of this year. This is a sister station of EWTN. I emailed the radio station to tell them of the troubles. Voices of people talking on the air would be cut out intermittently. I told the station I thought the devil might be interfering with the radio reception because he hated the Christian message. I have also been having trouble with Bluetooth reception in my area. I would be riding my bicycle in the morning and the music would cut out a second or two repeatedly. Does the devil hate the 1980's Aussie pop group Men at Work too? I have a digital player that connects via Bluetooth to the speaker in the bike's water cage. It seems to happen more near power lines.

One Jeff Finnell from the radio station replied as follows:

Jonathan,

How is the signal now?

We had some problems with our satellite dish receiver earlier, but I think we got that straightened out.

Please be our ears on the ground down there and alert us if we are having any issues with our broadcast.

I agree with you that Catholic Radio is a blessing to Oklahoma! Spread the word!

Jeff Finnell

President

Oklahoma Catholic Radio

My reply:

Mr. Finnell:

Thank you for your reply.

I live out near Cache Road in Lawton about 2 miles west of Sheridan. There are a lot of power lines on the streets in my neighborhood I know. My Bluetooth music player for my bicycle was acting funny too this morning. That also works on radio technology. The music would cut in out for a second or two just like your radio station does. It happened out on 38th street and I noticed major power lines and telephone poles nearby. It seems I heard that maybe sunspots or something in the atmosphere can mess with radio reception.

I will keep you posted if your station continues to cut in and out. I will note the time and the date.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Bailey

my latest report:

9/19/19

Mr. Finnell:

Transmission broke up around 8:20 PM yesterday evening for about five minutes.

My home is on ____________ in Lawton.

I understand you only put out 10,000 watts.

Jonathan Bailey

Does the KOEG radio transmitter need to be exorcised by a priest? Is Satan putting a curse on one of the repeaters in the network?

Please pray in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost that Catholic radio airwaves worldwide shall be solely guided by the hands of the Lord and let there be not one word in transmission of Christ's message blanked out during frequency modulation.

Last edited:

JJ50

Good old Satan.:D The RCC hasn't done itself any favours over centuries, most of its doctrines are crazy, it has turned a blind eye to paedophile priests, which is a crime. If Satan managed to obliterate the RCC from the face of the earth it would be doing the world a big favour, imo.

dianaiad

Why blame the Devil when technology can screw things up so much more effectively?

To be honest, I think Satan sits back and laughs heartily at being blamed for so many things he doesn't need to do. We have free will, we mortal humans, and we do Satan's work for him quite well. He could take a permanent vacation in Tahiti, doing absolutely nothing at all but downing fancy drinks with fruit, and nobody would ever know he was gone. He could repent utterly and go home to Daddy, like the Prodigal Son, and nothing would change for the rest of us.

Certainly none of the ills I've been subjected to during my life time can be attributed to anything but chance and human cussedness, especially my own.....and I'm an absolute believer that the devil exists. I just think he's more of a 'let's see how much trouble you can get into all by yourself' sort of evil.

David1967

Premium Member
I listen to Catholic radio on 88.3 FM KOEG Walters, OK and have been since May of this year. This is a sister station of EWTN. I emailed the radio station to tell them of the troubles. Voices of people talking on the air would be cut out intermittently. I told the station I thought the devil might be interfering with the radio reception because he hated the Christian message. I have also been having trouble with Bluetooth reception in my area. I would be riding my bicycle in the morning and the music would cut out a second or two repeatedly. Does the devil hate the 1980's Aussie pop group Men at Work too? I have a digital player that connects via Bluetooth to the speaker in the bike's water cage. It seems to happen more near power lines.

Jonathan,

How is the signal now?

We had some problems with our satellite dish receiver earlier, but I think we got that straightened out.

Please be our ears on the ground down there and alert us if we are having any issues with our broadcast.

I agree with you that Catholic Radio is a blessing to Oklahoma! Spread the word!

Jeff Finnell

President

Oklahoma Catholic Radio

My reply:

Mr. Finnell:

I live out near Cache Road in Lawton about 2 miles west of Sheridan. There are a lot of power lines on the streets in my neighborhood I know. My Bluetooth music player for my bicycle was acting funny too this morning. That also works on radio technology. The music would cut in out for a second or two just like your radio station does. It happened out on 38th street and I noticed major power lines and telephone poles nearby. It seems I heard that maybe sunspots or something in the atmosphere can mess with radio reception.

I will keep you posted if your station continues to cut in and out. I will note the time and the date.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Bailey

my latest report:

9/19/19

Mr. Finnell:

Jonathan Bailey

Does the KOEG radio transmitter need to be exorcised by a priest? Is Satan putting a curse on one of the repeaters in the network?

Please pray in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost that Catholic radio airwaves worldwide shall be solely guided by the hands of the Lord and let there be not one word in transmission of Christ's message blanked out during frequency modulation.

Well,it is common knowledge that the devil moved to Lawton just to mess up the. Catholic radio station. :D
But seriously, why would Satan waste his time trying to do what the Catholic Church does so we'll by itself?

David1967

Premium Member
Good old Satan.:D The RCC hasn't done itself any favours over centuries, most of its doctrines are crazy, it has turned a blind eye to paedophile priests, which is a crime. If Satan managed to obliterate the RCC from the face of the earth it would be doing the world a big favour, imo.

Agree. I think if Satan is hanging out at the RCC, it's to get some pointers.

sooda

Veteran Member

Jonathan,

How is the signal now?

Jeff Finnell

President

Oklahoma Catholic Radio

My reply:

Mr. Finnell:

Sincerely,

Jonathan Bailey

my latest report:

9/19/19

Mr. Finnell:

Jonathan Bailey

Lolol

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Is the devil screwing with the radio transmission in Lawton, Oklahoma?

Absolutely

Jonathan Bailey

Babylonia and Assyria were two sister states of ancient Mesopotamia who competed for dominance. Assyria had better climate and was militaristic compared to Babylonia that was more into trade and agriculture.

It would seem that better climate would favor farming but perhaps the other had better soil and irrigation. At least the soldiers in the militaristic one had better weather for battle. It seems that Babylonia, speaking of TRADE, was also heavily into recreational sex, prostitution and vice in not such good climate.

sooda

Veteran Member
Babylonia and Assyria were two sister states of ancient Mesopotamia who competed for dominance. Assyria had better climate and was militaristic compared to Babylonia that was more into trade and agriculture.

It would seem that better climate would favor farming but perhaps the other had better soil and irrigation. At least the soldiers in the militaristic one had better weather for battle. It seems that Babylonia, speaking of TRADE, was also heavily into recreational sex, prostitution and vice in not such good climate.

The Babylonians were amazingly successful and caused their neighbors to steal their mythology and technology.. The Hebrews demonized all the neighbors.. including their fellow Canaanites.

The good figs were taken into exile in Babylon where they learned to read and write, developed their laws and finally wrote their own history. The bad figs were left behind.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Somebody watched too much “Lawnmower Man.”

TBH, it’s probaby Trinity Broadcasting Network jamming EWTN.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Is Trinity a Protestant network? They are jamming Catholic airwaves? I thought "trinity" was a Catholic notion anyway.
Trinity Broadcasting is the brain child of Paul and Jan Crouch, who are televangelists. It’s the largest Xtian broadcasting foamy in the world. They have a loooot of fundamental, charismatic, conservative programming.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Trinity Broadcasting is the brain child of Paul and Jan Crouch, who are televangelists. It’s the largest Xtian broadcasting foamy in the world. They have a loooot of fundamental, charismatic, conservative programming.
You could also call Trinity a front for organized crime.