• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the developed world trying to turn India into its dustbin?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Europe is really acting criminal and hypocritical, dumping their e-waste in third world countries
I am glad that we have Indian WION news now, because Europe won't allow such news

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Europe is really acting criminal and hypocritical, dumping their e-waste in third world countries
I am glad that we have Indian WION news now, because Europe won't allow such news

This is a good watch from Michael Moore. To me, it answers your question and it shows what is happening to the world.

All should watch this.

Regards Tony

stvdv

This is a good watch from Michael Moore. To me, it answers your question and it shows what is happening to the world.

All should watch this.
Too long for me (1h40m)

The worst that can happen due to e-waste is that humans die, nature will recover always (might take a few thousand years, nature is not in a hurry)

IF humans continue polluting the earth, death due to covid might be small compared to death due to pollution

74x12

So why doesn't the government of India do something about it?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Too long for me (1h40m)

The worst that can happen due to e-waste is that humans die, nature will recover always (might take a few thousand years, nature is not in a hurry)

IF humans continue polluting the earth, death due to covid might be small compared to death due to pollution

Yes it was movie length, my wife and I just happened to watch that yesterday.

Thete is no doubt now that humanity is heading for a self inflicted calamity on a grand scale.

Regards Tony

stvdv

So why doesn't the government of India do something about it?
You totally miss the point, and lack empathy here

IF a criminal kills someone THEN you don't ask "why does the victim not do something about it" or would you?

The point is that the West is a huge hypocrite in the news acting as if it cares about our environment, but in reality the West only cares about money and dumping their **** in India and many other countries like this

Similar as when the West used slaves in the past or stole valuables from India etc

stvdv

Yes it was movie length, my wife and I just happened to watch that yesterday.

Thete is no doubt now that humanity is heading for a self inflicted calamity on a grand scale.

Regards Tony
Yes, and the world leaders only care about themselves. They lack empathy and compassion towards the earth, unless they can make money with it. And they are just greedy, exploiting earth

They lack Spirituality. One of the first lessons is to be grateful and act accordingly. They take Earth for granted as if it is theirs. Just stupid, arrogant and greedy behavior, killing humanity and themselves or their children in the process

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes, and the world leaders only care about themselves. They lack empathy and compassion towards the earth, unless they can make money with it. And they are just greedy, exploiting earth

They lack Spirituality. One of the first lessons is to be grateful and act accordingly. They take Earth for granted as if it is theirs. Just stupid, arrogant and greedy behavior, killing humanity and themselves or their children in the process

That has no argument from me, it is very true.

Regards Tony

Heyo

Veteran Member

And here I thought India got its independence in 1947 and no western country could dump their waste in India without Indians allowing it.

stvdv

And here I thought India got its independence in 1947 and no western country could dump their waste in India without Indians allowing it.
That is not the point here

stvdv

Regards Tony
It's a good reminder to not buy new cars, houses smartphones, laptops every so many years

Only Spirituality can safe us. Because Spirituality teaches us to consume less, ceiling on desires, which is the only way out of this.

Greedy Science misuse together with faulty goverments are the real culprits here. If the top/source does not change, all their hypocritical plans only worsen all of this. They get the big money, but misuse their power. They should set the right, instead of hypocritical, example.

stvdv

Yes it was movie length, my wife and I just happened to watch that yesterday

Regards Tony
I saw the first 5 min, some believed we just have 10 years left, others believed still millions of years to go. And I checked a few other parts.

From this I got the impression it's more a general film to make us aware and need to change now, which is really useful of course and needed, because still nothing useful is done.

Governents just talk but no real solution/action is taken, just symptomatic solution, the same way Big Pharma works. So, I am not even surprised. Giving up desires is most difficult for humans

Some thinking about going to Mars as the solution to this problem proves that they are still not willing to act responsible.

I saw that Elon Musk sold like 7? big houses to live in a 50.000 dollar house next to his work. Very inspiring example, and the only way to tackle this problem is "Ceiling on desires" as Sai Baba addressed this issue

infrabenji

If your question is does the world use India like a trash can. I believe the answer is…Yes. The Ganges is like the fifth most polluted river in the world and hundreds of millions of tonnes of garbage are sent there or produced locally and remain unprocessed every year. No one makes more garbage than an American though. I mean they just send it to India. But Americans definitely produce a lot of garbage.

infrabenji

Does the world use India like a trash can? I believe the answer is…Yes. The Ganges is like the fifth most polluted river in the world and hundreds of millions of tonnes of garbage are sent there or produced locally and remain unprocessed every year. No one makes more garbage than North America though. I mean they just send it to India. But North Americans definitely produce a lot of garbage. I think it’s over 50% of the worlds total waste comes out of America and Canada. The greed, ignorance, and downright not caring is astonishing. I don’t think most people realize how bad it is. Especially in North America.

stvdv

If your question is does the world use India like a trash can. I believe the answer is…Yes. The Ganges is like the fifth most polluted river in the world and hundreds of millions of tonnes of garbage are sent there or produced locally and remain unprocessed every year. No one makes more garbage than an American though. I mean they just send it to India. But Americans definitely produce a lot of garbage.
Thanks, I did not know that

I thought the Ganges was polluted by only Indians. I never thought that the garbage of the West is dumped in the Ganges. But it makes sense, even in Holland criminals dump chemical waste in rivers, as it is known to be difficult to find the culprit.

Most Indians possess too little to really pollute like Americans pollute (Europeans also do their share). Though plastic bags and stuff is also a problem when there are 1300 million of it daily

stvdv

Does the world use India like a trash can? I believe the answer is…Yes. The Ganges is like the fifth most polluted river in the world and hundreds of millions of tonnes of garbage are sent there or produced locally and remain unprocessed every year. No one makes more garbage than North America though. I mean they just send it to India. But North Americans definitely produce a lot of garbage. I think it’s over 50% of the worlds total waste comes out of America and Canada. The greed, ignorance, and downright not caring is astonishing. I don’t think most people realize how bad it is. Especially in North America.
They (the West, USA, Europe) love to call themselves first world country and look down on third world countries

But their actions reveal they are worse than third world countries in this context.
(this one won't get me many likes probably... the truth can be hard to admit)