• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the Coronavirus Man made?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Just read what I said and the Scripture I gave.

Good-Ole-Rebel
So god won't lift a finger when it comes to hunger, famine, oppression, human trafficking, child abuse, etc.
...but will become a butthurt ***** over somebody ret-conning some silly little book?
And you would actually consider such a petty, infantile entity worthy of worship?

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
So god won't lift a finger when it comes to hunger, famine, oppression, human trafficking, child abuse, etc.
...but will become a butthurt ***** over somebody ret-conning some silly little book?
And you would actually consider such a petty, infantile entity worthy of worship?
I consider it an issue of Bible worship.

Gosh, I didn't have any trouble standing up and saying that either.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm pretty sure all this is really just God's punishment for all the Chinese exchange students here at the University of California who won't stop walking on the damn bike trail.

Seriously, what's up with that?

Audie

Veteran Member
I'm pretty sure all this is really just God's punishment for all the Chinese exchange students here at the University of California who won't stop walking on the damn bike trail.

Seriously, what's up with that?

Oh, you are just annoyed because they are always the best
students.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh, you are just annoyed because they are always the best
students.
Not at all, I'm actually glad there's someone here to raise the bar.

I just don't like having to ride my bike in the grass.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Sage is a sacred herb believed to ward off evil, bless and purify a space when burned. It was held as holy to the ancient Greeks and Romans. It's not really a wacko thing or New Age.
That's handy. I grow it in my garden, mainly for use with pork and veal. I did not know it had non-culinary uses - though I know there are also ornamental salvias.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
"British researchers have published a terrifying new map predicting the global spread of the deadly coronavirus over the next three months. (click link below for the map)

The top 10 global destinations for travellers from high-risk Chinese cities around Lunar New Year were Thailand, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, the United States, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam and Australia. Within Africa, Egypt, South Africa, Ethiopia, Mauritius, Morocco, Nigeria and Kenya topped the list. “Further spread of 2019-nCoV within China and international exportation is likely to occur,” the authors concluded. “All countries, especially vulnerable regions, should be prepared for efforts to contain the 2019-nCoV infection.” The researchers noted an ominous statistic confirmed by Wuhan authorities: five million of the city’s 11 million population had already left by the time it was placed into lockdown just two days before Lunar New Year Day. “Where these travellers went and how high the risk of further spread of the virus within and beyond China remains an open question,” they wrote.

“It’s definitely too late,” Jin Dong-Yan, a molecular virologist at Hong Kong University’s School of Biomedical Sciences, told AP. “Five million out. That’s a big challenge. Many of them may not come back to Wuhan but hang around somewhere else. “To control this outbreak, we have to deal with this. On one hand, we need to identify them. On the other hand, we need to address the issue of stigma and discrimination.” Last week, multiple countries, including Australia and the US, banned non-Australian visitors from China and warned citizens against travelling to the mainland. This shows the virus continues to spread at an alarming rate, with more than 40,500 cases confirmed worldwide, 40,146 of them on mainland China. The death toll rose to 910 while another 6000 remain in a “severe” condition in hospital. All but two deaths have occurred on mainland China, with Hong Kong and the Philippines recording one each. Of the 15 diagnosed with the virus in Australia, two have fully recovered and the rest remain in hospital. The number of cases outside China are expected to explode in the next couple of weeks as the incubation period of asymptomatic carriers come to an end. A Japanese flag scrawled with a message about medicine shortages, dangles from the cruise ship Diamond Princess, where 70 have tested positive for the coronavirus.

Picture: Eugene Hoshiko Source:AP -5 of the 6 newest virus cases on the Japan cruise ship are crew members - The 6 new cases came out of a batch of 57 people tested - 70 cases total out of 336 people tested"

No country is safe from virus tentacles

No one is suggesting an over-reaction....but complacency and an under-reaction may well be more dangerous IMO. Its still spreading and many people are still dying....better safe than sorry.

tas8831

I have read that research shows believers in one conspiracy theory are likely to go in for a whole series of them, often with no connection between them.
In a similar fashion, those that accept fringe 'science' (aka pseudoscience) are also drawn to accepting all fringe science - I submit that these are basically the same group of people. I have a relative that at one point in her life was a fairly reasonable, if troubled, person, who now accepts every fringe 'theory' you can think of - anti-vax, HAARP, Area 51 , flat earth, creationism, chemtrails, mind control, leftists are all pedophiles, etc.

Crank magnetism, I think it is called....

Audie

Veteran Member
In a similar fashion, those that accept fringe 'science' (aka pseudoscience) are also drawn to accepting all fringe science - I submit that these are basically the same group of people. I have a relative that at one point in her life was a fairly reasonable, if troubled, person, who now accepts every fringe 'theory' you can think of - anti-vax, HAARP, Area 51 , flat earth, creationism, chemtrails, mind control, leftists are all pedophiles, etc.

Crank magnetism, I think it is called....

Once you have accepted that the world runs on magic-an obligation,
really, for godists-then a lot of really silly things become quite reasonable sounding.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Wow! :eek:
"Fourteen U.S. passengers evacuated from a cruise ship in Japan and flown to military bases in California and Texas have tested positive for the new coronavirus, U.S. officials confirm.

Earlier, on Sunday, U.S. officials announced that 44 people from the Diamond Princess ship had tested positive for coronavirus. Those who were sick were to remain in Japan to be treated.

The State Department said it was in the process of transporting more than 300 Americans who had been quarantined on the Diamond Princess off Yokohama, Japan, when it got word of the positive tests for the disease now known as COVID-19.

"During the evacuation process, after passengers had disembarked the ship and initiated transport to the airport, U.S. officials received notice that 14 passengers, who had been tested 2-3 days earlier, had tested positive for COVID-19," the State Department said in a joint statement with the Department of Health and Human Services.

The officials said those Americans were separated from the other evacuees, even though the 14 individuals weren't showing symptoms of the virus."

14 Americans Taken Off Cruise Ship And Flown To U.S. Test Positive For Coronavirus

Whatever they were doing on the Diamond Princess to prevent the spread of the virus obviously wasn't working....if the bug is airborne could it be spreading through the air conditioning? Those in the interior cabins without access to fresh air might have been at greater risk, if that was the case. :(

How far will this virus spread?

Audie

Veteran Member
There was HIV, and everybody was going to die.
There was MIRS and SARS and swine flu and Ebola,
and, everybody was going to die.
All of them were created by the CIA.

Presently, there will be a vaccine for this strain of flu,
everyone will get it with their regular-flu shot, and a few
people will later think back, like, "How do I manage to
get so hysterical each time?"