• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the Coronavirus Man made?

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
I think he is too ashamed to talk straight,
which is even more shameful.
He should just step right up and say what he has to say. If it is that great an idea, it should stand on its merits. It is the moral thing to do.

I wonder what his explanation of the Black Death or the 1914 flu pandemic is, considering they both took out fair chunks of the Christian population globally.

Good Ole Buggs

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Do your research.
I am familiar with some of the research efforts carried out by or under the direction of the CIA. They have tried some crazy things. Great fodder for conspiracy theories. Maybe they were successful at something. Who can say. There is no evidence for it. Other people have researched some of those things too and found nothing or nothing applicable.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
The stock market remains on edge this morning after a chilling message from the World Health Organization (WHO) director-general. Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) futures were nervous as Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the coronavirus outbreak is just getting started.

His statement came just hours before Britain declared the outbreak a “serious and imminent threat to public health.” What was previously a China problem is now officially global.

WHO-coronavirus-tweet-1024x585.png

The statement from Tedros is an important shift in the coronavirus story. It’s the first time the WHO has struck a nervous tone. He admitted the situation has escalated as more people are being infected without travelling to China directly.
While official numbers put the death toll at 910, some estimates are terrifyingly higher. One whistleblower puts the figure closer to 50,000 with as many as 1.5 million infected.

Dow Futures Shudder as WHO Issues Chilling Coronavirus Warning

Still think its not serious?

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
The stock market remains on edge this morning after a chilling message from the World Health Organization (WHO) director-general. Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) futures were nervous as Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the coronavirus outbreak is just getting started.

His statement came just hours before Britain declared the outbreak a “serious and imminent threat to public health.” What was previously a China problem is now officially global.

WHO-coronavirus-tweet-1024x585.png

The statement from Tedros is an important shift in the coronavirus story. It’s the first time the WHO has struck a nervous tone. He admitted the situation has escalated as more people are being infected without travelling to China directly.
While official numbers put the death toll at 910, some estimates are terrifyingly higher. One whistleblower puts the figure closer to 50,000 with as many as 1.5 million infected.

Still think its not serious?
Ever the message of hope and optimism from you.

Do you mean serious like perpetuating conspiracy theories about how it is man made?

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
There is a life size Alien for sale at one of the local V-Stock locations.

I think I get the message of the picture of the Alien and the virus, but what does the woman in the bikini be slammed by a wave represent? Is that suppose to show that we are really powerless and only exist in an illusion of control?

She is humanity.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I'm not sure what "man made" means in this context.

On the one hand, I doubt that it was intentionally made.

But on the other hand, vicious infections have been popping up for all of history. Until quite recently, people didn't move around much, especially sick people. A virus might kill most of the people in a small area, but then the infectious agent would die out for lack of available hosts. This happened all the time.

Today, an infected person can get on a plane and carry the infection to multiple continents before developing symptoms. AIDS, Ebola, the list is pretty long. Some infections much worse than others. But yeah, in that regard global infectious illnesses are man made. They're a predictable function of modern transportation networks.
Tom

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
A little off topic, but I wonder to what extent this is all going to accelerate China's (for starters) migration to a cashless society. They're already ahead of us in that regard.

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
You lack the personality to annoy me.
(Unlike some here, who are gifted in that way.)
Luckily for the staff on clean up detail, I have no idea who you could be talking about.

Imagine if they had to clean up after us the way they used to clean up after Frank and me.
Tom

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not sure what "man made" means in this context.

On the one hand, I doubt that it was intentionally made.

But on the other hand, vicious infections have been popping up for all of history. Until quite recently, people didn't move around much, especially sick people. A virus might kill most of the people in a small area, but then the infectious agent would die out for lack of available hosts. This happened all the time.

Today, an infected person can get on a plane and carry the infection to multiple continents before developing symptoms. AIDS, Ebola, the list is pretty long. Some infections much worse than others. But yeah, in that regard global infectious illnesses are man made. They're a predictable function of modern transportation networks.
Tom
That is an issue for diseases and exotic species. Human transportation is now a very effective vector mechanism.

Diseases that are isolated only to humans are bad enough, but they can be eradicated. Small pox is essentially eradicated. It is those infectious agents that have non-human hosts (zoonotic diseases) that are going to ever be the problem. Even if they can be eliminated in the human population, they can persist in non-human species and wait for an opportunity to return.

Not so much man made, but taking advantage (not knowingly) of the environment we have set up.

Here in the Midwest, we have the brown recluse spider that is highly successful, because we built homes that are great places for brown recluse spiders to live in. Their populations have soared, but not by intention, even though it is the result of human activity.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
dunno about the Hanta virus, but Valley Fever has been around for a very, very long time. It's so endemic around where I live that around 90% of people who have lived here for more than five years have antibodies to it. When it hits hard, it hits HARD, but most of the time it 'hits' like a medium/moderate cold. And then one is immune.

I know this because I am immunosupressed, what with cancer and all, and one of the things they test you for after a bone marrow transplant (to see what vaccines you need to repeat) is Valley Fever. Yep, I'm now immune...and so is everybody in my family. Most people who get it don't even know they've had it, unless it goes to the 'second stage,' which is pretty rare.

We've known about it for a very, very long time. Yeah, coccidiomycosis....

And it's a fungus, not a virus. Just so you know.
I think I was erroneously confusing new to me with new to the rest of the world. I first heard about it about five years ago. It is interesting to me, because it is a fungal pathogen as you point out. They are often more difficult to treat, since they are eukaryotic organisms like us.

exchemist

Veteran Member
It reminds me of the chemtrail theories. Why would "they" poison themselves, too? o_O
Quite.

There are just some people around who revel in notions of being persecuted by some nebulous "them" (government, "elites", Illuminati, Lizard People or what-have-you), or of being part of some tiny minority who are the only ones to perceive "Ve Troof" and who the whole world is against. I have read that research shows believers in one conspiracy theory are likely to go in for a whole series of them, often with no connection between them. A good dose of scientific ignorance probably helps - though I have sometimes come across conspiracy theorists who know quite a bit of science, so this can't really be said to be diagnostic of the type.

Last edited by a moderator:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Luckily for the staff on clean up detail, I have no idea who you could be talking about.

Imagine if they had to clean up after us the way they used to clean up after Frank and me.
Tom
The 2 of you are still amateurs compared to some.
Gifted amateurs though.

sooda

Veteran Member
I am familiar with some of the research efforts carried out by or under the direction of the CIA. They have tried some crazy things. Great fodder for conspiracy theories. Maybe they were successful at something. Who can say. There is no evidence for it. Other people have researched some of those things too and found nothing or nothing applicable.

Trump just cut funding for the CDC by 16%.

Audie

Veteran Member
As I said, if I were China, I would negate the law they passed in November 2019 of rewriting the Bible and other religious texts. (Rev. 22:18)

Good-Ole-Rebel

We know what you said, guy.
How about admitting WHY you said it.

Last edited: