• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the Bush Administration Undermining Civil Rights?

Is the Bush Administration Undermining Civil Rights Work?

• No, they aren't.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
I don't know much about that particular case, and it's hard to form any opinion on the matter since there's *no* evidence presented whatsoever.
But in general, and from the cited event I think that the Bush club is trying very hard to do so, but it's just one on the list of many things that they try to do and fail at miserably.
If it weren't for the fact that he's very good at mobilizing the RR, he wouldn't have accomplished anything. They're the only reason for whatever sucess he may have and frankly this girl doesn't think that's a good thing.

10c deposited. :cool:

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
I don't think that there is any question that they are undermining civil rights . Couldn't say about this case though .

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
I don't know what to say about that article. I could probably go through the new hires and claim that the Bush Administration is trying to fill the department with Brown haired people! Look at the sharp drop since 2002 in blondes and redheads in the department, and where are the bald members now!?!?!?! bla bla bla

Is the Bush Administration undermining civil rights? I suppose I am up in the air on that. If anybody has specific examples, I'm all ears. If anybody says they aren't, I'm all ears. I'm really 50-50 on that issue.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Comet said:
I've seen a ton of stuff about that, but they are also working to change all that now. Is changing it to meet article 3 of the Geneva Convention and what the Supreme Court says still undermining civil rights, or is it trying to correct past mistakes?

:) I believe that would be another debate in it's self . But personally , I have a real problem with the whole Guantanamo Bay thing . There are other things too . Smaller issues in my opinion , like the border crossing with Canada . And I really don't follow internal Anerican politics that closely ...