• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the Buddha Reborn?

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
I've been watching some movie called The Laws of the Sun (if you wanna watch something trippy, there it is) and it says the Buddha prophesied that he will come again in 2500 years (whether ppl will listen again is another matter). According to the date of his death, this is around the year 2017.

Does anyone think there might be a baby Buddha crawling around somewhere?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I've been watching some movie called The Laws of the Sun (if you wanna watch something trippy, there it is) and it says the Buddha prophesied that he will come again in 2500 years (whether ppl will listen again is another matter). According to the date of his death, this is around the year 2017.

The atoms are still around. Depends on how long it will be before they have a reunion.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

The Buddha we know as Sakyamuni will not be the Buddha who comes back. That he clearly said in the scripture, But his teaching will remain until the next Buddha Maitreya comes after 4500 years :)
But does it stays an enlighten being (buddha) on earth right now? I can not say a Buddha is here, but many enlighten beings who are Arahant are present on the earth right now. But unfortunately, they do not teach in public.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
A Buddha refers to one who is "self-awakened" who can also teach others how to awaken. By definition, a "baby Buddha" is a contradiction of terms. A Buddha is a bodhisattva before they self-awaken.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
By definition, a "baby Buddha" is a contradiction of terms.
A Buddha is born down here (Avatar), and has to grow up - to be a Bodhisattva (wisdom incarnate).

The Universal Consciousness always was, it is mankind that is lost in form (Maya).
Benjamin Creme prophesied the Maitreya was born in England 1977 correctly...

So wouldn't say crawling any more, would say almost 42, and explaining the Dharma to the world somewhere... o_O
But unfortunately, they do not teach in public.
Someone who isn't an artist won't realize the beauty of the brushstrokes. :(

In my opinion. :innocent:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Someone who isn't an artist won't realize the beauty of the brushstrokes. :(

The reason they do not teach at this time is the risk of falling and not be able to save other people to become enlightened too. And of course for a Buddha to be in a filthy world like our world has become is extremely difficult even for them,so when they do reach enlightenment and become Arahant or Buddha (only seven true Buddhas will appear this eon) the Arahants chose not to give teachings because they already see humans can almost not become enlightened in this time of existence. And if an Arahant should fail he or she would fall back to be a normal human being (none enlighten being)

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
The reason they do not teach at this time is the risk of falling and not be able to save other people to become enlightened too.
I'd say it was people don't listen properly at a soul level, not that they don't always teach.