• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the Bible internally consistent?

Redemptionsong

Jesus said why call me Good only God is Good. Jesus is to teach with kindness and mercy forgiving the trespasses against him by the command of God but in the temple Jesus could not control his anger against men that were killing poor people for not having enough money to pay the Jews to not kill them. And the Jews were getting rich by doing that because people were paying them out of fear. The rich could buy any sin they wanted to do as often as they wanted to do it and were calling themselves sinless and righteous.
So Jesus disobeyed God that said to Jesus to command everyone love one another forgiving their trespasses. That command is a LAW of God and Jesus broke it with anger by striking the men. Jesus is acceptable by God, cleansed of his sin/trespasses because Jesus became water baptized.
Jesus was trying to save the Jews so in fact did love them but he did not love what they believed and what they did so became violent in opposition to it. Jesus refused to break the command from God to not kill, so never killed a Jew even though Jews were threatening to kill him. But had Jesus been perfect, Jesus would never had caused any physical harm to anyone so in fact, Jesus is not sinless, not good, only God is Good forgiving even the trespasses of His son Jesus.
Only Pharisee Paul taught that killing a life pleases God. Paul still calls himself a Pharisee after he lied saying he is an Apostle. The command of God is not to kill so in no way did the murder of Jesus please God and it certainly did not remove anyone's sins.
Sins are removed with belief in water baptism forsaking belief in blood sacrifice.
Paul lies when he said he converted to follow Jesus because he did not. There are 12 Apostles and 2 false Apostles in the Bible. Paul did formulate his own ideas of what religion should be and taught that by creating his own inferior church in total opposition to what the church Jesus established taught.
You call yourself a Christian. What makes you think you are a Christian?

Triumph

FREEDOM OF SPEECH
You call yourself a Christian. What makes you think you are a Christian?
Because I listen to Jesus, became water baptized, and learned what "I desire mercy and not sacrifice" means. I am a disciple of Jesus because I hear his words and believe it is truth. The command of God is to love one another.
Christian is a tainted word because most people that call themselves, "Christian" do not listen to what Jesus told them. Jesus said, "why can you not hear my words".
The path to truth is narrow and very few find it because they have no intention of forgiving or loving their enemy.

Redemptionsong

Because I listen to Jesus, became water baptized, and learned what "I desire mercy and not sacrifice" means. I am a disciple of Jesus because I hear his words and believe it is truth. The command of God is to love one another.
Christian is a tainted word because most people that call themselves, "Christian" do not listen to what Jesus told them. Jesus said, "why can you not hear my words".
The path to truth is narrow and very few find it because they have no intention of forgiving or loving their enemy.
In Romans 10:1-5 Paul explains the difference between righteousness under the law (religion) and the righteousness of God. If you follow the teaching of Jesus then you should be receiving the Holy Spirit by grace. This is not the same as water baptism.

Triumph

FREEDOM OF SPEECH
In Romans 10:1-5 Paul explains the difference between righteousness under the law (religion) and the righteousness of God. If you follow the teaching of Jesus then you should be receiving the Holy Spirit by grace. This is not the same as water baptism.
Paul does not follow the teachings of Jesus and never did.
For example, Jesus taught that women are to teach men and a woman /wife is to teach religion to her husband if he does not understand the words of God.
She is to teach her husband with love being in subjection to her vow of marriage to help her spouse and love him so he also can convert and be saved.
Apostle Peter tells wives that have learned the words of God from Jesus and Peter, this >
1 Peter Chapter 3
1Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
Just because a woman learns religion from a man not their husband does not mean she is not chaste and loving her husband, she fears for his salvation.
But that is not the doctrine of Paul and Paul curses everyone that does not preach HIS doctrine.
Paul claims a wife is not to learn religion from any man except her husband. Apparently, Paul prefers not to have women around him if he can avoid it, as he is liking the companionship of men that have made vows to him instead.
1 Timothy Chapter 2 Note in verse 4, Paul does not say "men and women", he said only men.
Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Understand a woman teaching her husband truth with love is NOT usurping authority over the man but Paul perceives that it is and wants the woman to be silent. Paul would rather the man not know truth than for a wife to teach it to him.

Notice something else in Paul's statements he wants to deceive people into believing validates his opinions.
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Think about that, Eve did something wrong because she believed a liar out of ignorance, she was deceived and did not know any better.

Adam KNEW it was both wrong and a lie yet sinned anyway because ADAM DESIRED to disobey Lord God and be a Lord God himself giving himself the right to do as he pleased under no service to a God.
The greater sinner, the one in FULL intentional transgression, was Adam not Eve. Also, Adam had the choice to ask his God for forgiveness of Eve with mercy, proving he loved his God under obedience and also loved Eve his created "helper". Eve thought she would be helping Adam by eating the fruit and did not keep it just for herself, offering it to Adam. But Adam did not want mercy for Eve, he wanted to dominate her as her Lord. Adam did not want to bend the knee to his God for forgiveness of the sins of Eve or his own sins either and wanted to hide his sins. Adam did not love Eve or his God. Adam loved himself desiring to have the power of a Lord God in an attempt to attain it with deception and lies.