• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the bible inerrant?

I think it has something to do with since Christ is the head of the Church, and Man serves God/Christ and Man is the head of the household that woman serves Man.

Hey Erika, you fellow Floridian you ... will you marry me? >>>grin<<<

No, but seriously though, it is truly sweet to see that there are females in the world who still go by this premise. I hope to me one someday, as I believe in a fair and balanced approach to relationships, and hanging around Femi-nazi's will get tiresome after awhile, even though it's fun to add gasoline to the fires sometimes.

OK ... where do I start? Christianity has embraced patriarchy full force, and with much help from political zealots regurgitating scripture for their own power hungry purposes. And that's all well and good, if you think the patriarchal system is all peaches and cream. However, I tend to think the testosterone bunch are more interested in genital waving contests that lead to nothing more than statistics about how many young men get killed on the battlefields. If you look into matriarchal societies, you will see much less instances of wars waged and blood shed, and this is much more in line with Christ's teachings.

ErikaLee

Hi, Stained.

Flattered as I am, I am a happily married woman. :)

Tho I'm not sure you got my point. I was just stating that was my understanding of the reasoning behind Christianity subjugating women.

Where I'm not quite a "Femi-Nazi" (but I know some, and it is tiring after a while) I am FAR from Donna Reed. My husband and I have achieved the fair and balanced relationship, atleast we think so. There are very few "man's job" and "woman's job" issues in this house, and that works for us. He cooks, he changed diapers and cleans toilets, same as I do. If something needs done, it gets done, regardless of who does it or what "equipment" they possess.

Keep looking. I'm sure you'll find that perfect girl, your very own Donna Reed someday. :)

EL