• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the bible Authoritative?

filthy tugboat

Before I post on this sub forum, is the Bible considered authoritative here? I ask this because several debating sites I've been to have certain sub-forums letting religious texts maintain authority in order to discuss certain stories and such as if they were true without the interruptions from people requesting proof.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Before I post on this sub forum, is the Bible considered authoritative here? I ask this because several debating sites I've been to have certain sub-forums letting religious texts maintain authority in order to discuss certain stories and such as if they were true without the interruptions from people requesting proof.
It would depend on who you talk to. Since this is the Xy DIR, most folks posting here would ascribe some level of authority to the texts. but it depends on what you mean by "authority." If "authority" means 100% correct and factual in all respects, then most likely not.

filthy tugboat

It would depend on who you talk to. Since this is the Xy DIR, most folks posting here would ascribe some level of authority to the texts. but it depends on what you mean by "authority." If "authority" means 100% correct and factual in all respects, then most likely not.

I meant that it's accuracy was not in question here and that it could be considered infallible for the purpose of debate//discussion.