• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the Antichrist a person?

bluegoo300

The facts machine
Antichrist is a Christian term based on interpretation of passages in the New Testament, in which the term "antichrist" occurs five times in 1 John and 2 John. Once in plural form and four times in the singular. In some Christian eschatologies, Jesus the Christ or Christian Messiah will appear in his Second Coming to Earth to face the Antichrist, who will be the greatest false messiah in Christianity. Just as Christ is the savior and the ideal model for humanity, his opponent will be a single figure of concentrated evil, according to Bernard McGinn. In Islamic eschatology, Masih ad-Dajjal (the False Messiah in Islam) is an anti-messiah figure (similar to the Christian concept of Antichrist), who will appear to deceive humanity before the second coming of "Isa", as Jesus is known by Arabic-speaking Muslims.

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.— 1 John 2:18

Many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh; any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist!— 2 John 1:7

Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.— 1 John 2:22

By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. And this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming; and now it is already in the world.— 1 John 4:2–3

My Question is this: Is the Antichrist really a single person or is it a group of people (IE: a group of non believers or "Atheists") Or have we just misread the entire meaning of the Antichrist?

My second question is this has the second coming already gone and whet with all accounts of Jesus being Jewish wouldn’t Hitler be considered the greatest false messiah?

antichrist.jpg

SpeaksForTheTrees

No
Antichrist to christian
Antisemetic to Judaism
Is a mindset , to scared to speak out from fear of labelling
A christian must compromise to reach agreement with other religion by effectively becoming anti Christ
Is a curse of the religions , a perpetual circle of never being able to address the issue
Damn my junior school teacher was good

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
The Anti-Christ's teachings are from John, Paul and Simon the stone (petros); which all contradict Yeshua....These were all Pharisaic in teachings, and established Christianity.

So there are a group of people who are following the Anti-Christ's teachings, without even knowing it is there, which is what Revelations is speaking about.

There is no one single person who shall come along, and deceive the whole world, as the whole world is waiting for it, when it has already happened. :innocent:
Jesus being Jewish wouldn’t Hitler be considered the greatest false messiah?
Yeshua cut off the Jews, and was looking for faithful Gentiles instead.

Didn't know Hitler claimed to be the Messiah. :confused:

SpeaksForTheTrees

The Anti-Christ's teachings are from John, Paul and Simon the stone (petros); which all contradict Yeshua....These were all Pharisaic in teachings, and established Christianity.

So there are a group of people who are following the Anti-Christ's teachings, without even knowing it is there, which is what Revelations is speaking about.

There is no one single person who shall come along, and deceive the whole world, as the whole world is waiting for it, when it has already happened. :innocent:

You go back to 1300 ad ?
I prefare today ?

bluegoo300

The facts machine
:)

first a Messiah is a leader or savior of a particular group or cause Hitler was the leader and savior of German.
Second: Good post:)

SpeaksForTheTrees

Antichrist is a Christian term based on interpretation of passages in the New Testament, in which the term "antichrist" occurs five times in 1 John and 2 John. Once in plural form and four times in the singular. In some Christian eschatologies, Jesus the Christ or Christian Messiah will appear in his Second Coming to Earth to face the Antichrist, who will be the greatest false messiah in Christianity. Just as Christ is the savior and the ideal model for humanity, his opponent will be a single figure of concentrated evil, according to Bernard McGinn. In Islamic eschatology, Masih ad-Dajjal (the False Messiah in Islam) is an anti-messiah figure (similar to the Christian concept of Antichrist), who will appear to deceive humanity before the second coming of "Isa", as Jesus is known by Arabic-speaking Muslims.

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.— 1 John 2:18

Many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh; any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist!— 2 John 1:7

Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.— 1 John 2:22

By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. And this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming; and now it is already in the world.— 1 John 4:2–3

My Question is this: Is the Antichrist really a single person or is it a group of people (IE: a group of non believers or "Atheists") Or have we just misread the entire meaning of the Antichrist?

My second question is this has the second coming already gone and whet with all accounts of Jesus being Jewish wouldn’t Hitler be considered the greatest false messiah?

View attachment 12485
Yes factually existed , not proved jesus factually didn't .
Maybe he did or maybe he didn't
Truth is same can be said about all religions
Is only one god , so why the confusion .
Have the benefit of a mixed peaceful society right here on my doorstep .
So what is the problem that in the context of religion one can view the other as an enemy.
Is problems they could not fix , when east met west , now is religious stand off.
Not so bad in times of sword and shield , however stakes have gone higher
The mindset of the religions stays the same.

TrumpetCallofGodOnline

TrumpetCallofGod
This I say to you, concerning the beast: Only now has the time come, where man has made it possible for the one called sin, evil and deceit, the one full of much lying and abominable ways, to rule. For by man’s works has he now made it possible for the likes of this evil to gain control, even to accomplish all he has conceived of to do. In no time past were there such devices of men by which he could rule in this manner, or chains such as these for him to shackle as many as he will, or the means by which he can devour as many as he will.
Behold, now is the time for him to cast his net over the whole world, and who can escape? For his eye will reach far and wide, his commands carried out on a whim. Now is the time, in which he can use the works of men for his evil purpose. Even from the heavens can he watch over his evil flock, and from the heavens can he destroy all those who oppose him, with fire, brimstone and fervent heat. Even now does he watch and lie in wait for his due time, as the lion waits in the tall grass for the moment, the opportune moment, to pounce and devour his prey.
He has already begun to mark his people, and eagerly do they go... To death do they go! He is a cunning one, this evil one, for he will also come upon the world as a thief and a savior of men, but he will lead them, coax them and deceive them... And unto death will they go! And all who will follow him and take his mark will worship him, saying, “Who is like this man? And who knows what he knows? And who can stand against him?! Who?! He is the one whom all have waited for. He will bring peace and prosperity to the nations.” Many in that day will make a covenant with him, a covenant built upon the sand, the sands of false hope and great iniquity. They will rejoice in him, until the day his true faces are revealed. Yet few will take notice, barely turning the head, for they have all become adopted children of perdition.

In that day, they will be so far stuck
In the mire of their sin and adultery,

With their hearts hardened,
Their eyes accustomed to darkness
And their ears attuned to evil,

That they will be unable to flee
From that which is about to overtake them...

Then swift destruction will I pour out upon them,
With no respite, nor hope of salvation or escape,
For their choice is made...

Goats branded for the slaughter...

Vessels meet for destruction...

I AM THE LORD!

* Video:

* Text: http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/index.php5?title=The_Man_of_Perdition

Regarding the Anti-Christ: http://www.answersonlygodcangive.com/home/regarding-the-antichrist

~ Modern Scripture Spoken to This Generation... Hear The Word of The Lord! www.TrumpetCallofGodOnline.com ~

bluegoo300

The facts machine
This I say to you, concerning the beast: Only now has the time come, where man has made it possible for the one called sin, evil and deceit, the one full of much lying and abominable ways, to rule. For by man’s works has he now made it possible for the likes of this evil to gain control, even to accomplish all he has conceived of to do. In no time past were there such devices of men by which he could rule in this manner, or chains such as these for him to shackle as many as he will, or the means by which he can devour as many as he will.
Behold, now is the time for him to cast his net over the whole world, and who can escape? For his eye will reach far and wide, his commands carried out on a whim. Now is the time, in which he can use the works of men for his evil purpose. Even from the heavens can he watch over his evil flock, and from the heavens can he destroy all those who oppose him, with fire, brimstone and fervent heat. Even now does he watch and lie in wait for his due time, as the lion waits in the tall grass for the moment, the opportune moment, to pounce and devour his prey.
He has already begun to mark his people, and eagerly do they go... To death do they go! He is a cunning one, this evil one, for he will also come upon the world as a thief and a savior of men, but he will lead them, coax them and deceive them... And unto death will they go! And all who will follow him and take his mark will worship him, saying, “Who is like this man? And who knows what he knows? And who can stand against him?! Who?! He is the one whom all have waited for. He will bring peace and prosperity to the nations.” Many in that day will make a covenant with him, a covenant built upon the sand, the sands of false hope and great iniquity. They will rejoice in him, until the day his true faces are revealed. Yet few will take notice, barely turning the head, for they have all become adopted children of perdition.

I AM THE LORD!

* Video:

Regarding the Anti-Christ: http://www.answersonlygodcangive.com/home/regarding-the-antichrist

~ Modern Scripture Spoken to This Generation... Hear The Word of The Lord! www.TrumpetCallofGodOnline.com ~
you really shouldn't talk about Donald Trump that way LOL:)

TrumpetCallofGodOnline

TrumpetCallofGod
"Therefore, thus says The Lord your God, of whom you have forsaken and not known, choosing rather to strike Me from all remembrance, that your consciences may be free: There is another king, and he have I appointed over you; and him you shall serve, until the time be changed. He shall be fierce, and his countenance shall be like no other man. Yet to you he will be like a savior, full of kind and smooth words, hissing softly as a serpent which hypnotizes its prey into submission... A serpent, a man understanding dark sentences, a man who serves the prince and the power of the air. He shall reign in all the earth for a short season, and you shall flock to him and bow down; and you shall bear in your foreheads, and upon your right hands, the mark and the number of his name.

For you have all become as goats fatted for the slaughter!...

You have chosen vanities
And do always revel in your uncleanness,
Pursuing all the lusts thereof...

And so I give to you a king,
One who shall woo you and bring in the slaughter...

And you, together with him,
Shall drink of the wine of the wrath of My fury...

Then you will know, I am The Lord!"

[Excerpt from: http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/i..._Time_Is_at_Hand_and_Judgment_Must_Now_Reign]

SpeaksForTheTrees

I AM THE LORD!

* Video:

Solutions or just news of doom ?

SpeaksForTheTrees

Solution = Repentance
Being sorry tho just doesn't cut it sometimes.
You can only repent to plead for your own salvation from the issues no statesman has ever addressed ?
God is merciful won't judge you on world problems personally . Mindset in stone takes some changing .
If no god we don't get judged at all , just maybe spent last 18000 years killing religious enemies by mistake.
Is no big problem
Dinosaurs have no feel will , The Gods will survive
Maybe man get another chance , but if he screws this one up its going to be long time before he raises again.

How many times have humans been on previous planets, destroyed themselves had to wait for the planet to repair to provide the environment for rebirth . Since the begining of time which is infinity ?
Cookie for good answer ,lol
Dead planets man ruined in the infinity of time litter the universe , ? Hahaa

Last edited:

wizanda

Premium Member
Subjective or not the texts you skip are relevant
Don't get me wrong, John was prophesied, as including 7 x 'I Am' to deceive people, Simon was called the stone by Yeshua to indicate he would trip people up, and Paul was prophesied to shout grace, grace, to the plummet line.

So none of it is skipped, and is there to show who is paying attention; as some will naturally incline to Yeshua's teachings, whereas some were only religious, and didn't really want to follow him in the first place. :innocent:

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Is the Antichrist a person?

I wonder why this 'Antichrist' term is still important to many today. Every generation looks for the Antichrist in their times. It is so vague and who now can understand the mindset of its author. I think many give too much emphasis on ancient Biblical writings and not enough emphasis on more modern spiritual teachers for our generation.

SpeaksForTheTrees

Don't get me wrong, John was prophesied, as including 7 x 'I Am' to deceive people, Simon was called the stone by Yeshua to indicate he would trip people up, and Paul was prophesied to shout grace, grace, to the plummet line.

So none of it is skipped, and is there to show who is paying attention; as some will naturally incline to Yeshua's teachings, whereas some were only religious, and didn't really want to follow him in the first place. :innocent:

Is a three way problem this Antichrist thing, as its not really an issue to Hindus obviously concerns them .
To resolve the riddle of the Antichrist can not change the words or essence ?
Oneness can never use religion , in a context to describe someone as the enemy .?

wizanda

Premium Member
Oneness can never use religion , in a context to describe someone as the enemy .?
Oneness is the name of Heaven, and unfortunately, it doesn't have to let anyone in who has twisted religious ideology.....

Though I agree, Christianity, Rabbinic Judaism, Islam are not enemies; they're just lost Children who need help.
s its not really an issue to Hindus obviously concerns them .
All religions are one, Yeshua taught selflessness, Christianity teaches the divine has self, thus many in the world believe in self realization due to this.
To resolve the riddle of the Antichrist can not change the words or essence ?
There is a riddle, whilst you maintain using falsified text:
Whilst taking John's ideology that an Anti-Christ is someone who says jesus didn't come in the spirit, it causes more confusion
Paul's letters, that the Anti-Christ is a son of perdition, i.e. a person who shall be identifiable.

These then muddy the waters, which makes it hard to see the true perspective that they are the Anti-Christ's teachings. :innocent: