• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the Afterlife Real?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Not sure if you have seen this but here is a preview of the one I was referring to, Astral City. A selfish man has a heart attack and wakes up in hell (no flames, just a dark dank place).
I just saw the Preview. :eek::eek::eek:
Perhaps this is why Baha'u'llah wrote the following:

“Know thou that every hearing ear, if kept pure and undefiled, must, at all times and from every direction, hearken to the voice that uttereth these holy words: “Verily, we are God’s, and to Him shall we return.” The mysteries of man’s physical death and of his return have not been divulged, and still remain unread. By the righteousness of God! Were they to be revealed, they would evoke such fear and sorrow that some would perish, while others would be so filled with gladness as to wish for death, and beseech, with unceasing longing, the one true God—exalted be His glory—to hasten their end.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 345

No worries though, because you are not selfish, you are just a true seekers wanting to know the truth but not knowing where to find it. :(

“What “oppression” is greater than that which hath been recounted? What “oppression” is more grievous than that a soul seeking the truth, and wishing to attain unto the knowledge of God, should know not where to go for it and from whom to seek it? For opinions have sorely differed, and the ways unto the attainment of God have multiplied. This “oppression” is the essential feature of every Revelation. Unless it cometh to pass, the Sun of Truth will not be made manifest. For the break of the morn of divine guidance must needs follow the darkness of the night of error. For this reason, in all chronicles and traditions reference hath been made unto these things, namely that iniquity shall cover the surface of the earth and darkness shall envelop mankind. As the traditions referred to are well known, and as the purpose of this servant is to be brief, He will refrain from quoting the text of these traditions.” The Kitab-i-Iqan, pp. 31-32

SeekingAllTruth

I just saw the Preview. :eek::eek::eek:
Perhaps this is why Baha'u'llah wrote the following:

“Know thou that every hearing ear, if kept pure and undefiled, must, at all times and from every direction, hearken to the voice that uttereth these holy words: “Verily, we are God’s, and to Him shall we return.” The mysteries of man’s physical death and of his return have not been divulged, and still remain unread. By the righteousness of God! Were they to be revealed, they would evoke such fear and sorrow that some would perish, while others would be so filled with gladness as to wish for death, and beseech, with unceasing longing, the one true God—exalted be His glory—to hasten their end.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 345

No worries though, because you are not selfish, you are just a true seekers wanting to know the truth but not knowing where to find it. :(

“What “oppression” is greater than that which hath been recounted? What “oppression” is more grievous than that a soul seeking the truth, and wishing to attain unto the knowledge of God, should know not where to go for it and from whom to seek it? For opinions have sorely differed, and the ways unto the attainment of God have multiplied. This “oppression” is the essential feature of every Revelation. Unless it cometh to pass, the Sun of Truth will not be made manifest. For the break of the morn of divine guidance must needs follow the darkness of the night of error. For this reason, in all chronicles and traditions reference hath been made unto these things, namely that iniquity shall cover the surface of the earth and darkness shall envelop mankind. As the traditions referred to are well known, and as the purpose of this servant is to be brief, He will refrain from quoting the text of these traditions.” The Kitab-i-Iqan, pp. 31-32
The movie was available on YouTube for free at one time. I watched it when I was really into this stuff. I'd recommend it as probably one of the best visions of what the afterlife is like.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ghosts are made from Endoplasma which is a form of Electricity.
As far as I can find, 'endoplasma' is Italian for 'endoplasm'.

Endoplasm is a part of the structure of particular cells, and I regret to tell you it's not 'made of electricity'.
An Aethiest is always Brave about Death and how nothing survives after Death... But the same people cry tears of fear on their death bed.
Do you mean 'atheist'? 'aesthete'? Whichever, I take it this nonsense is an attempt at humor?
The Aethiest doesn't just turn towards the One Life Science... They Hate anyone that doesn't think like an Aethiest.
More attempts at humor?

So, to wrap everything up, I do believe in the Afterlife and I know for a Fact it is Real.
If it's real you can show it to us. Why don't you do that?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The movie was available on YouTube for free at one time. I watched it when I was really into this stuff. I'd recommend it as probably one of the best visions of what the afterlife is like.
Well, maybe it is worth renting it and watching it when I get out from under all these Christian posts...
I am buried deeper than Jesus and I don't seem to be able to dig my way out of the grave. :eek:

Speaking of "visions" of that afterlife, there were some reports of what hell is like that are enough to scare even a Christian who is saved....:D The following are some excerpts about hell from Private Dowding. The full description is on the book, free to read online.

“I have looked into hell! I may have to return to that region. I shall be given my choice. Grant that I may be strong enough to offer myself freely. Hell is a thought region. Evil dwells there and works out its purposes. The forces used to hold mankind down in the darkness of ignorance are generated in hell! It is not a place; it is a condition. The human race has created the condition. It has taken millions of years to reach its present state. I dare not tell you what I saw there.... At first I refused to go.... There was no life, no light there. One felt stagnation everywhere. The angel said that was the most insidious kind of hell, stagnation, because no one recognised it as such. Contrary to belief, hell itself, or rather that part of it visited by my brother and the angel, is brilliantly lighted. The light is coarse, artificial. It keeps out the light of God. In this awful glare the angel's light nearly lost its radiance.

All this my brother told me afterwards. Those who die filled with thoughts of selfishness and sensuality are attracted down the grey avenues toward this hell of the senses. The darkness of the deep forests appalls, the loneliness is intense. At last, light is seen ahead. It is not the light of heaven, it is the lure of hell. These poor souls hasten onwards, though not toward destruction; there is no such thing. They hasten down into conditions that are the counterpart of their own interior condition. The Law is at work. This hell is a hell of the illusions and is itself an illusion. I find this hard to credit. Those who enter it are led to believe that the only realities are the sense passions and the beliefs of the human 'I'. This hell consists in believing the unreal to be real. It consists in the lure of the senses without the possibility of gratifying them. I was told a great deal more about this awful region, but I must not pass it on. The angel said that the 'condition' would ultimately dissolve into nothingness. Hell or apparently that part of it we are speaking about, depends for its existence on human thoughts and feelings. The race will never rise to greatness until the passions are controlled. This refers to nations and to individuals. On earth I was never interested in such matters. I did not realise the existence of the sexual canker at the heart of human life. What a terrible thing this is! Do not wait until you come over here. Set to work at once. There is no time to lose. Gain control of self. Then retain control by emptying yourself of self. All the thoughts of lust and passion, greed, hatred, envy, and, above all, selfishness, passing through the minds of men and women, generate the 'condition' called hell.

Purgatory and hell are different states. We all must needs pass through a purging, purifying process after leaving earth life. I am still in purgatory. Some day I shall rise above it. The majority who come over here rise above or rather THROUGH purgatory into higher conditions. A minority refuse to relinquish their thoughts and beliefs in the pleasures of sin and the reality of the sense life. They sink by the weight of their own thoughts. No outside power can attract a man against his will. A man sinks or rises through the action of a spiritual law of gravity. He is never safe until he has emptied himself completely. You see how I emphasise this fact. Some of these thoughts came to me whilst I waited in that gloomy forest. Then the angel and my brother returned. They had found him for whom they sought. He would not come away. They had to leave him there. Fear held him. He said his existence was awful, but he was afraid to move lest worse conditions should befall him.”
Private Dowding, pp. 32-35

Now contrast that with what Private Dowding said about the Christ Sphere:

“The spiritual world is everywhere. The life of spirit is eternal, perfect, supreme. We humans hide from the light. We grovel among the illusions created by our thoughts. We surround ourselves with misconceptions. We refuse to rise into the Christ Sphere. The Christ Sphere is everywhere, and yet, by some strange paradox, we were able to shut it out from view. All these thoughts were new to me. I begin to see what is meant. If I did not do so, I could not pass the ideas on. You say these thoughts are quite familiar to you. I am surprised at this. What a little world I have been living in!

This Messenger evidently came from the Christ Sphere. Religion never meant much to me. Now I begin to see that one cannot live without it. A great deal was said about reflection; how we can clear out our own poor thoughts illusions and. allow the Christ power to reflect through us. Evidently this power is wonderful. The Messenger seemed to love to speak of it; yet he was in awe of it. It clears away illusions as the sun clears away fog. He said I am still living in a fog, a fog of my own creation and design. Well! well! Once I thought I knew a lot. Then I was sure I knew a little. Now I know I know nothing.”
Private Dowding, pp. 28-29

SeekingAllTruth

Well, maybe it is worth renting it and watching it when I get out from under all these Christian posts...
I am buried deeper than Jesus and I don't seem to be able to dig my way out of the grave. :eek:

Speaking of "visions" of that afterlife, there were some reports of what hell is like that are enough to scare even a Christian who is saved....:D The following are some excerpts about hell from Private Dowding. The full description is on the book, free to read online.

“I have looked into hell! I may have to return to that region. I shall be given my choice. Grant that I may be strong enough to offer myself freely. Hell is a thought region. Evil dwells there and works out its purposes. The forces used to hold mankind down in the darkness of ignorance are generated in hell! It is not a place; it is a condition. The human race has created the condition. It has taken millions of years to reach its present state. I dare not tell you what I saw there.... At first I refused to go.... There was no life, no light there. One felt stagnation everywhere. The angel said that was the most insidious kind of hell, stagnation, because no one recognised it as such. Contrary to belief, hell itself, or rather that part of it visited by my brother and the angel, is brilliantly lighted. The light is coarse, artificial. It keeps out the light of God. In this awful glare the angel's light nearly lost its radiance.

All this my brother told me afterwards. Those who die filled with thoughts of selfishness and sensuality are attracted down the grey avenues toward this hell of the senses. The darkness of the deep forests appalls, the loneliness is intense. At last, light is seen ahead. It is not the light of heaven, it is the lure of hell. These poor souls hasten onwards, though not toward destruction; there is no such thing. They hasten down into conditions that are the counterpart of their own interior condition. The Law is at work. This hell is a hell of the illusions and is itself an illusion. I find this hard to credit. Those who enter it are led to believe that the only realities are the sense passions and the beliefs of the human 'I'. This hell consists in believing the unreal to be real. It consists in the lure of the senses without the possibility of gratifying them. I was told a great deal more about this awful region, but I must not pass it on. The angel said that the 'condition' would ultimately dissolve into nothingness. Hell or apparently that part of it we are speaking about, depends for its existence on human thoughts and feelings. The race will never rise to greatness until the passions are controlled. This refers to nations and to individuals. On earth I was never interested in such matters. I did not realise the existence of the sexual canker at the heart of human life. What a terrible thing this is! Do not wait until you come over here. Set to work at once. There is no time to lose. Gain control of self. Then retain control by emptying yourself of self. All the thoughts of lust and passion, greed, hatred, envy, and, above all, selfishness, passing through the minds of men and women, generate the 'condition' called hell.

Purgatory and hell are different states. We all must needs pass through a purging, purifying process after leaving earth life. I am still in purgatory. Some day I shall rise above it. The majority who come over here rise above or rather THROUGH purgatory into higher conditions. A minority refuse to relinquish their thoughts and beliefs in the pleasures of sin and the reality of the sense life. They sink by the weight of their own thoughts. No outside power can attract a man against his will. A man sinks or rises through the action of a spiritual law of gravity. He is never safe until he has emptied himself completely. You see how I emphasise this fact. Some of these thoughts came to me whilst I waited in that gloomy forest. Then the angel and my brother returned. They had found him for whom they sought. He would not come away. They had to leave him there. Fear held him. He said his existence was awful, but he was afraid to move lest worse conditions should befall him.”
Private Dowding, pp. 32-35

Now contrast that with what Private Dowding said about the Christ Sphere:

“The spiritual world is everywhere. The life of spirit is eternal, perfect, supreme. We humans hide from the light. We grovel among the illusions created by our thoughts. We surround ourselves with misconceptions. We refuse to rise into the Christ Sphere. The Christ Sphere is everywhere, and yet, by some strange paradox, we were able to shut it out from view. All these thoughts were new to me. I begin to see what is meant. If I did not do so, I could not pass the ideas on. You say these thoughts are quite familiar to you. I am surprised at this. What a little world I have been living in!

This Messenger evidently came from the Christ Sphere. Religion never meant much to me. Now I begin to see that one cannot live without it. A great deal was said about reflection; how we can clear out our own poor thoughts illusions and. allow the Christ power to reflect through us. Evidently this power is wonderful. The Messenger seemed to love to speak of it; yet he was in awe of it. It clears away illusions as the sun clears away fog. He said I am still living in a fog, a fog of my own creation and design. Well! well! Once I thought I knew a lot. Then I was sure I knew a little. Now I know I know nothing.”
Private Dowding, pp. 28-29
Very interesting. I would say the ugliness of a world that is filled to the brim with evil of every imaginable kind is what shapes most of us cynic deists. I have no guilt for how I feel. It wasn't my doing. If anyone is guilty in my sight it is God for dumping us here and leaving us without any sort of guidance--unless you count the Bible, which to me is a horribly flawed piece of literature. I became the way I am because I had to stare at all this evil, unless I mean I just did the "see no evil, hear no evil" kind of thing. Thank you for the interesting excerpt. :)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Very interesting. I would say the ugliness of a world that is filled to the brim with evil of every imaginable kind is what shapes most of us cynic deists.
Although not all deists are cynical about the world. Some just don't believe that God interacts with the world.
I have no guilt for how I feel. It wasn't my doing. If anyone is guilty in my sight it is God for dumping us here and leaving us without any sort of guidance--unless you count the Bible, which to me is a horribly flawed piece of literature.
I do blame God for creating this world and making is live through it but I don't blame God for not providing any guidance since I believe that Guidance was provided by Baha'u'llah. The Bible was once the only guidance from God but now we have much more.
I became the way I am because I had to stare at all this evil, unless I mean I just did the "see no evil, hear no evil" kind of thing.
To be honest, I became this way because of my own suffering, but that does not mean I don't also see the suffering of others. I see it, but I don't see most people suffering as I have and still do. Even with Covid-19 most people have maintained there cheerful upbeat attitudes, ever noticed that? And they are looking forward to going back to their lives as they were before whereas I don't have anything to go back to. :(
How is this my fault, when I have struggled all my life to change? I believe it is just my fate, and who is responsible for that? o_O

King Phenomenon

Hello everyone.
I come to you asking, is the Afterlife Real? The fact is, I already know the answer...
I do not know which God came first into Religion (Probably Egyptian Gods) but I do know people live on after Death.
I am a Satanist, a Witch and a Partial Medium (It's not my Job but I know how to listen to the dead.)
I have found proof that people live on after they die.
Some go to a Heaven of their God...
Some go to Hades...
While others just stick around as Ghosts.

Endoplasma or Ectoplasma is commonly referred to as Ghost Slime.
When I was younger in my Spiritual life, I asked a Ghost and Kissed her (Sexually)...

She got scared and Shocked me...
The Electricity shot threw my body and for a second my Lungs almost stopped working.

It's that kind of Shock... But Why?

As Sci Fi already points out, Ghosts are made out of Endoplasma which is a form of Electricity.
As it turns out, Science for once, is right.

Ghosts are made from Endoplasma which is a form of Electricity.

But my point isn't so much how Ghosts Survive, but the fact that even after Death, they still exist.

An Aethiest is always Brave about Death and how nothing survives after Death... But the same people cry tears of fear on their death bed.

The Aethiest doesn't just turn towards the One Life Science... They Hate anyone that doesn't think like an Aethiest.

The Good News is: An Aethiest is not damned to Hell for not believing in any God.
They become Ghosts and by the time they learn they were wrong, they won't even care.

As a Satanist, I know there are 3 different kinds of People.
1. The person that has met their God and found Peace.
2. The person that has denied any God and lives with Spite.
3. The Undecided that are interested in what someone else is doing.

So, to wrap everything up, I do believe in the Afterlife and I know for a Fact it is Real.

**By the way: I am not a Christian, I am a Satanist. My God was Lucifer although I have converted and now follow Set... I do not promote only one Heaven, I believe my God has his own Heaven for me too.**
I’m livin the afterlife right now

SeekingAllTruth

Although not all deists are cynical about the world. Some just don't believe that God interacts with the world.

I do blame God for creating this world and making is live through it but I don't blame God for not providing any guidance since I believe that Guidance was provided by Baha'u'llah. The Bible was once the only guidance from God but now we have much more.

To be honest, I became this way because of my own suffering, but that does not mean I don't also see the suffering of others. I see it, but I don't see most people suffering as I have and still do. Even with Covid-19 most people have maintained there cheerful upbeat attitudes, ever noticed that? And they are looking forward to going back to their lives as they were before whereas I don't have anything to go back to. :(
How is this my fault, when I have struggled all my life to change? I believe it is just my fate, and who is responsible for that? o_O
Suffering is the No 1 reason for loss of faith, I think. Good that you held onto something to keep you afloat. Younger people bounce back from adversity better than older people who are feeling their lives entering the winter of the existence. I didn't get this way until approx 5 years ago when health things began to go south. Hang in there! :)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Younger people bounce back from adversity better than older people who are feeling their lives entering the winter of the existence.
Hmmmm... I never thought of it that way and I am about your age, so.....
Yes, I feel my life in this world is slowly slipping away.
I didn't get this way until approx 5 years ago when health things began to go south. Hang in there!
My physical health has never gone south, knock on wood, but everything that matters most to me has been dying all around me for a good 20 years. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. How much more is He going to take away from me before I collapse altogether is anyone's best guess. I have determined that He just does not care how I feel. He doeth whatsoever He chooseth, as Baha'u'llah wrote. :(

SeekingAllTruth

Hmmmm... I never thought of it that way and I am about your age, so.....
Yes, I feel my life in this world is slowly slipping away.

My physical health has never gone south, knock on wood, but everything that matters most to me has been dying all around me for a good 20 years. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. How much more is He going to take away from me before I collapse altogether is anyone's best guess. I have determined that He just does not care how I feel. He doeth whatsoever He chooseth, as Baha'u'llah wrote. :(
Yes, this is the disheartening thing about the reality of God. Once I became aware of this I turned deist very quickly.

Wow, you came to that conclusion and you are a satanist. The problem you have is no faith or religion says satan is in heaven. Whats worse is satan is destined for hell and is created by God logically as satan is not all powerful, all knowing, etc. My understanding is satan says live for you.The only problem is it neglects the soul, the eternal being of a human being and focuses on the temporal age. Living on earth before we die.