• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is taxing the internet the only way out of the upcoming financial crisis.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
The post office is talking about major reductions, why simply because of being replaced by the internet. That being said tons of jobs have been replaced because of internet usaged and cost reduction.

The internet has not created the same amount of jobs as it has rid. I have seen numbers all over the place on this but the reality I see is not even close. It also may be that even if the number is 9 created to 10 lost that 10% loss is across the whole economy.

So the only fix I see is to regulate and heavily tax the internet. Basically if we don't it is going to end for most of the population anyway. Right now I have to control my expenses and its effecting things I don't want to. I will be lowering my internet speed conection and cutting my tv expenses to make my bills this fall. If things do not change I will be using an Digital antena and have no internet access. My goal is to keep my house and not go bankrupt. I believe based on recent actions on wall street and the world court that I am not the only one with this problem.

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
The post office is talking about major reductions, why simply because of being replaced by the internet. That being said tons of jobs have been replaced because of internet usaged and cost reduction.

The internet has not created the same amount of jobs as it has rid. I have seen numbers all over the place on this but the reality I see is not even close. It also may be that even if the number is 9 created to 10 lost that 10% loss is across the whole economy.

So the only fix I see is to regulate and heavily tax the internet. Basically if we don't it is going to end for most of the population anyway. Right now I have to control my expenses and its effecting things I don't want to. I will be lowering my internet speed conection and cutting my tv expenses to make my bills this fall. If things do not change I will be using an Digital antena and have no internet access. My goal is to keep my house and not go bankrupt. I believe based on recent actions on wall street and the world court that I am not the only one with this problem.

The only way out? No. In fact, it's not even a realistic or even logical way out. A better way out of this "crisis" is to fix the problems that led to the crisis. A knee jerk reaction of taxing everything will not fix the problem. Cutting spending is what is needed so that our nation's income is greater than its spending.

Requia

Yes, because yet another tax that causes the poor to pay more of their income in taxes than the rich is great freaking idea.

No, no ******* sales, tax, no phone taxes, no Internet tax. These are regressive as hell.

freethinker44

Capitalism is dying. It is an unsustainable system, and now that nothing is localized thanks in part to the internet, it is finally on it's death bed. The question shouldn't be "what's the best way to save our economy?", but "where do we go from here?". Our economical system is becoming obsolete, and the transition is going to hurt... a lot, but there is no point in dragging it out. Let it die in peace so we can all live better lives with it gone.