• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is sex overrated?

Sex is overrated in your opinion?

• Yes

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Do you think sex is overrated? It can for a moment feel like the greatest thing I suppose, but following climax, I feel kinda disappointed, mildly depressed/tired, and it doesn't seem like anything really got accomplished, unless I truly delighted someone I truly loved.

The women I have had adult relations with, I didn't actually truly love them. I'm crazy about women, love them dearly, just only one that I was with, on an adult-relations level, did I kinda have serious feelings for. So, it was just sort of empty! :(

I would recommend not having sexual intercourse with someone you don't truly love with agape love, but that is just my opinion.

As a man who has been treated and cured of two sexually transmitted diseases, and been caught in bed with another man's girlfriend, I would recommend as few partners as possible, and better to be celibate than act out our lusts, as is done here in America on average when it comes to adult relations.

Just my humble opinion.

Also, I'm just curious, John Gacy, the killer clown:

His middle name was Wayne. So, he was John Wayne Gacy. Was he named after the movie star John Wayne?

John-Wayne.jpg

John Wayne is cool, but I still think he was way overrated! :p

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I guess I've only had sex with people I love, so it seems properly rated to me.

I didn't vote, though, 'cause I think it depends on the circumstance. There's no simple 'yes or no' in my mind.

I have no opinion on John Wayne.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Thats a very subjective question I guess it depends on the person. For me it is cuz Im asexual. But for someone who is hypersexual it might not be.

Gargovic Malkav

John Wayne is cool, but I still think he was way overrated!

This reminds me of a joke.

The class has been given the assignment to write an essay about sexuality.
The first pupil hands over their essay to the teacher: "A male cat and a female cat get kittens..."
Teacher says: "Very good, you'll get a B!"
The second pupil hands over their essay: "A male dog and a female dog get puppies..."
Teacher says: "Very good you'll get a B!"
The third pupil hands over their essay: "John Wayne sits on a horse while being chased by 500 angry Indians.. He turns around and shoots them all dead..."
Teacher says: "What does this have to do with sex education?"
The student responds: "Nobody ****s with John Wayne!"

VoidCat

Also it can keep two people from freezing to death if they are trapped in a car in a snowstorm.
Why on earth would someone be naked in a car during a snow storm? Did they not put on proper clothing for the weather? If I were trapped in a car the heat ain't working in a snow storm, I am not getting naked. Having sex in that moment seems like a good way to be distracted from what really matters: figuring out how to get the hell out of the car and out the snow storm.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
This reminds me of a joke.

The class has been given the assignment to write an essay about sexuality.
The first pupil hands over their essay to the teacher: "A male cat and a female cat get kittens..."
Teacher says: "Very good, you'll get a B!"
The second pupil hands over their essay: "A male dog and a female dog get puppies..."
Teacher says: "Very good you'll get a B!"
The third pupil hands over their essay: "John Wayne sits on a horse while being chased by 500 angry Indians.. He turns around and shoots them all dead..."
Teacher says: "What does this have to do with sex education?"
The student responds: "Nobody ****s with John Wayne!"
Lol!

I knew I included John Wayne in the OP for a reason. I wasn't sure why though. Thanks to that gem from you, I now know! :D

VoidCat

if that's the case im concerned with the writers priorities. Have sex or work on figuring out how to get the door open or break a window and try to figure out how to get the car running.
@Brickjectivity
I mean I get it can cause you to be warmer but like...i can't imagine it making you warm enough to survive a dangerously cold temperature for long Now im tempted to Google **** see if that actually would work. Either way I want to know why someone thought to try that and thought a survival situation was the best time for that kind of thing.

Folk who experience sexual attraction don't make sense to me.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I guess I've only had sex with people I love, so it seems properly rated to me.

I didn't vote, though, 'cause I think it depends on the circumstance. There's no simple 'yes or no' in my mind.

I have no opinion on John Wayne.
George,
I am was the first person to notice the nirvana connection of your avatar.:heart:

Nothing on top , but a bucket and a mop, and an illustrated book about birds! :D

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
The women I have had adult relations with, I didn't actually truly love them. I'm crazy about women, love them dearly, just only one that I was with, on an adult-relations level, did I kinda have serious feelings for. So, it was just sort of empty! :(
You just answered your own question. Without love it's just a physical act that is ultimately empty. With love and commitment it's an expression of that love, so it's much more fulfilling.

VoidCat

@Brickjectivity
I mean I get it can cause you to be warmer but like...i can't imagine it making you warm enough to survive a dangerously cold temperature for long Now im tempted to Google **** see if that actually would work. Either way I want to know why someone thought to try that and thought a survival situation was the best time for that kind of thing.

Folk who experience sexual attraction don't make sense to me.
Ok so far from what im reading using your body to warm someone up when one person has hypothermia and you don't might be of some help it might not. It's recommended by some of these sites im coming accross to have a rewarmer to be nude or have some clothing and huddle close to keep them warm so I guess sex could work in that situation instead of huddling. But that wouldn't work when both have hypothermia can cause harm. Whether or not having sex can help when both are just in a snow storm and neither has hypothermia to prevent them from getting hypothermia I don't know ain't found much info. Then again ive only started looking so all these points can be wrong.

Last edited: