• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Science the Whore of Babylon? (Bible term)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Russel Marion Nielsen.

Ahh, open heart surgery was pioneered by Lillehei, although the first ooen heart surgery was performed in 1893 by Daniel Hale Williams.

I just googled Russell Marion Nelson
I don't know if its the same guy, 'Nielsen' gave no results. It seems he built his own heart lung machine which he used to support the first open heart surgery in the US.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Ahh, open heart surgery was pioneered by Lillehei, although the first ooen heart surgery was performed in 1893 by Daniel Hale Williams.

I just googled Russell Marion Nelson
I don't know if its the same guy, 'Nielsen' gave no results. It seems he built his own heart lung machine which he used to support the first open heart surgery in the US.
Nelson is correct. That's great to hear what he did!

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Science has done two things: created viruses for bio-weaponry (to reduce the less rich population), and created the shots against them. Business and pleasure.
Great YouTube, first 2m30s tells it all. Of course "gain of function" has been done. Not smart to deny this.

gnostic

The Lost One
Science has done two things: created viruses for bio-weaponry (to reduce the less rich population), and created the shots against them. Business and pleasure.

:facepalm:

For someone who chooses the name questfortruth, you sure do like twisting your Bible into a knot to suit your anti-science agenda.

Do you really need to use conspiracy theories to spread your falsehood?

You really should change your name since “truth” isn’t what you are seeking. :(

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Materialism qualifies as societies satanistic pursuits for me. When society is run by our lowest basic instincts then it is in reality no better than a whore running our world.

Even science and religion are these days controlled by materialistic ambitions and goals to such an extent that we have brought about our own hell on earth.

So I would disagree about science because it is neither good nor evil but dependent upon what instincts control it, our lower selfish ones or our admirable noble qualities.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
In what other age would you rather live?

In the future when the quality of people’s lives are valued more than the $ and military budgets. When people come first, that will be a wonderful age to live in. Where there is no starvation, oppression or wars.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
In the future when the quality of people’s lives are valued more than the $ and military budgets. When people come first, that will be a wonderful age to live in. Where there is no starvation, oppression or wars.
How do you know that will happen?

I was addressing your point here:

Even science and religion are these days controlled by materialistic ambitions and goals to such an extent that we have brought about our own hell on earth.

When were the days when it wasn't? On the whole, humans have always been materialistic and opportunistic.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
How do you know that will happen?

I was addressing your point here:

When were the days when it wasn't? On the whole, humans have always been materialistic and opportunistic.

Firstly, Happy Birthday and may you have happiness, riches and a long healthy life!

I believe our history is littered with both the darkest of deeds and the noblest which points to us being dual natured. We need our material natures to take care of our basic needs but there is also our spiritual or higher nature which leads us to care for each other and establish things like humanitarian projects and human rights.

We have successfully and successively throughout history, established unity of the family, tribe, city-state and nation so there is a systematic process in our evolution. With the dawn of world travel, communications and the internet, signs of a world society are slowly emerging where barriers of race, religion and nationality are being torn down one by one and being replaced with an acceptance of humanity as one family.

Just as we arose to the challenge to establish the political machinery to be able to form nations and states, we are approaching a stage where we can be confident we will be able to meet this new challenge and join together as a world community working together for the betterment of mankind.

In such a world society, we are all on the same side thus the need for huge military budgets will evaporate, with funds available for things like universal free Medicare, Education and the basic needs of everyone being met. With free education, people everywhere will be able to learn a trade or profession so as to have employment and wages to live comfortably.

It will be a civilisation where the material and spiritual will be balanced with both necessary for happiness but not in excess.

My confidence that this can happen is because it is happening now. I am a member of possibly the only world community that exists today, comprised of a cross section of humanity yet functioning worldwide as one entity.

So both history and the fact we already have a world community that functions smoothly despite having different races, religions and nationalities under its umbrella is proof to me it can easily be done. It is just a matter of time.

Praise Jah

Psalm 83:18

Babylon the Great is a symbol, not a literal woman, described in the book of Revelation as a prostitute. (Revelation 17:5)

Babylon the Great is a symbolic city in which the literal city of Babylon was the prototype. During its entire history, literal Babylon was prominent as a religious center from which religious influence spread out into many directions to many different peoples and nations.

Babylon the Great in the book of Revelation is the world's collective body of false religions, which God rejects. (Revelation 14:8) (Revelation 18:21)

Babylon the Great is responsible for the deaths "of all those who have been slaughtered on the earth." (Revelation 18:24) Throughout history false religion has not only fomented wars and fueled acts of terrorism, but has also failed to teach people the truth about Jehovah, the God of love. (1 John 4:8)

Those who want to please Jehovah God must get out her... get out of Babylon the Great. They must separate themselves from false religion which will be destroyed! (Revelation 18:4) (2 Corinthians 6:14-17)