• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Science the Whore of Babylon? (Bible term)

questfortruth

Science has done two things: created viruses for bio-weaponry (to reduce the less rich population), and created the shots against them. Business and pleasure.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Science has done 2 things, suggests the internet welding man who regularly promotes his own sadly misunderstood scientific theories.

News at 11.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Dontya just love those dissing science have no problem using science to grandstand their dissing.

The hypocrisy does not escape me

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Science has done two things: created viruses for bio-weaponry (to reduce the less rich population), and created the shots against them. Business and pleasure.

Science have done more than that, it has done much for humanity, but not ao much for spiritual quest.

Science is not evil

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I have been told multiple times that I, in fact, am the Whore of Babylon.

Science can take a hike, then. That crown is mine.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Without science you would die at 30 (if you managed to survive until then without falling sick or dying as a child) and wouldn't have a third of the everyday commodities and comfort you live with (including appliances, transportation, food availability and diversity, etc...)

But go on I suppose.
Yeah, what have the Romans ever done for us?:

Without science you would die at 30 (if you managed to survive until then without falling sick or dying as a child) a

That's not really true based on historical experience.

If you survived childhood your life expectancy was 20-30 years longer than that.

Average life expectancy was low in the past because of infant mortality, not because most adults died at 30.

RestlessSoul

Without science you would die at 30 (if you managed to survive until then without falling sick or dying as a child) and wouldn't have a third of the everyday commodities and comfort you live with (including appliances, transportation, food availability and diversity, etc...)

But go on I suppose.

I have enormous respect for science, and particularly for the spirit of scientific enquiry. But we have to concede that, without the huge leaps forward science took in the early part of the 20th Century, Hiroshima and Nagasaki would still be standing.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Science has done two things

I think your count is wrong

5a5395a4a3281b8703e24f1de4e11fde--science-memes-atheist.jpg

ChristineM

Premium Member
I have enormous respect for science, and particularly for the spirit of scientific enquiry. But we have to concede that, without the huge leaps forward science took in the early part of the 20th Century, Hiroshima and Nagasaki would still be standing.

It wasn't science that dropped the bombs.