• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Science Necessary...

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
So 4% is plenty then, now if someone said the vast majority of, and was referring to 96%, would you baulk at that? :rolleyes:

I think Policy's original claim seemed credible, and still does, and I think your repudiation of it involving a claim for "plenty of people" seems to have now embarrassingly settled on 4%.

Henceforth let it be known that a 4% demographic can be (mis) represented as "plenty of people",

Plenty of people find your claim hilarious. If you press me I will start a poll, and I am not a gambler by nature. ;)
I never said the vast majority. I said a lot. That's based on the number of people. 4% of the population is a lot of people.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
I never said the vast majority. I said a lot. That's based on the number of people. 4% of the population is a lot of people.
Actually you said plenty of people, and it is just 4%, so one could just easily describe that as a small minority of people.

Reactions: ppp

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Actually you said plenty of people, and it is just 4%, so one could just easily describe that as a small minority of people.
A small minority can still be plenty of people if it is a small minority of 100's of milions of people.

ppp

A small minority can still be plenty of people if it is a small minority of 100's of milions of people.
Then this should convey your sentiment adequately
Your solution assumes that we SHOULD morally do things which are healthy for us and which are better for society. It ASSUMES. It is therefore begging the question. There is [a small minority] of people who think they are in this world for themselves and don't need to worry about society and they are fine with their health the way it is. Your suggestion simply doesn't give a reason why they are wrong.

Sheldon

Veteran Member

Indeed, but I think you're missing the point, if it is a very small minority, for example 4%, then calling it plenty of people seems disingenuous. For example, another way to put it, would be that 2400% times as many people disagree with your position, than the tiny minority who agree with it.