• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is science a religon?

Ryan2065

Scientific fact = Biblical truth
Just as History bears up the Bible so does Science like when Isiah said - God sitteth upon the Circle of the earth
or Enoch failing to mention Earth among the planets
in both cases thousands of years after the given facts Science has come through to approve these statements
Earth = sphere not circle.... Many people in that time did think the earth was a circle... IE a flat piece of land floating in space. But we digress....

People can have a religion that has to do with science... But science cannot be a religion...

Random

Ryan2065 said:
People can have a religion that has to do with science... But science cannot be a religion...

Perhaps not, but Atheism can treat of Science religiously, and actually often does: wouldn't you agree?

Look, I'm agnostic about Deity, always have been: denying god or gods is partly self-denial. which may or may not be a good thing, but I don't believe in Higher Powers or literally existing divine beings seperate from Man either so...I don't know. The problem is in offering the alternative, science has falsely become a dualistic opposite of religion to almost mythical proportions in the mind of the masses and in a very short space of time.

Why is this if science and religion are not accidentially or by nefarious design treading on each others toes, so to speak?

Ryan2065

GodLike said:
Perhaps not, but Atheism can treat of Science religiously, and actually often does: wouldn't you agree?
Atheists do... Atheism doesn't... Unless of course you are saying all atheists everywhere treat science religiously. Slip ups like these are the reason people have such a slanted view of atheism :D

And yes... I do agree that atheists do treat science religiously in areas that science needs to explore more before it comes to a conclusion about what actually happened/happens.