• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Satan in you?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
You say EGO is just self awareness…. it is more also; it is the plastic shell that holds the spirit….
So when people get hurt more, they guard them self with their EGO.
They might not appear to have a big headed ego, yet instead have a self persecution complex or some other such control dramas, to reclaim the energy.

"The bullied becomes the bully"

When EGO is opposed to Oneness, then that is clearer and also is what was seen in my NDE…..

Blame, resent, remorse, regret and loads more, are all EGO’s….

gnomon

Ego is the sense of self. It is self-identity. Or more technically,

the part of the psychic apparatus that experiences and reacts to the outside world and thus mediates between the primitive drives of the id and the demands of the social and physical environment. - basic psychoanalytic definition

It is self-esteem.

Now egotism is a different word. If you mean Satan = egotism, while I wouldn't agree (being an atheist), I could certainly understand the concept.

Wisdom_Seeker

Speaker of my Truth
Ego is the sense of self. It is self-identity. Or more technically,

the part of the psychic apparatus that experiences and reacts to the outside world and thus mediates between the primitive drives of the id and the demands of the social and physical environment. - basic psychoanalytic definition

It is self-esteem.

Now egotism is a different word. If you mean Satan = egotism, while I wouldn't agree (being an atheist), I could certainly understand the concept.
Emm, you are in a right track there, we need the Ego in order to survive society. If we would grow up without an ego, our mothers would probably abandon us or something; and if our mothers don’t abandon us, then we probably wouldn’t go to school and stuff like that. I think we can agree that we cannot grow up normally in a society without the Ego.

But you need to take in consideration that cannot possibly be your "true self",
it differs if you are born in a Christian family or an Atheist family. The Ego takes different shapes according to the environment surrounding the person.
On the other hand, there comes a time in the person life that no longer needs this Ego to survive in society, because you already know how to behave. This is what Jesus meant by “you need to be born again”, to get rid of the Ego control of your personality.
A child has no Ego, that is why they have a hard time “behaving” as you want them to; at the same time, the child does not live in the past, because for him/her there is no past, the child also does not live in the future, because there are no goals to accomplish, there are no attachments and no clinging to material stuff.

To be continued… gotta go now ( I bet someone else here can elaborate further for me)

Ðanisty

I suppose there are Satanists that don´t kill people, and there are Christians that kill people; so whats the difference? Maybe different names for whom they pray to.
You suppose? I hate to burst your bubble, but Satanists are no more prone to murder than anyone else. In fact, in most cases it would be very un-Satanic to murder someone because it's rarely in your best interest.

Emm, you are in a right track there, we need the Ego in order to survive society. If we would grow up without an ego, our mothers would probably abandon us or something; and if our mothers don’t abandon us, then we probably wouldn’t go to school and stuff like that. I think we can agree that we cannot grow up normally in a society without the Ego.
If we didn't have ego, we would be doormats or bullies.

But you need to take in consideration that cannot possibly be your "true self",
it differs if you are born in a Christian family or an Atheist family. The Ego takes different shapes according to the environment surrounding the person.
And what significant differences do you think there are?

On the other hand, there comes a time in the person life that no longer needs this Ego to survive in society, because you already know how to behave. This is what Jesus meant by “you need to be born again”, to get rid of the Ego control of your personality.
I strongly disagree. I think ego becomes more important when you get older. As a child, you have someone to protect you, look out for you, make decisions for you, etc. If you had to do all these things as an adult with no ego, I doubt you would succeed.

It's just a wiki, but I suggest you read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ego

I think people consistently confuse Id and Ego. Ego seeks the balance. Id is what seeks the pleasure and runs on pure instinct.

Satan isnt real, you cant talk about a non-existent entity. If there was, he would be good, he punished bad for their bad deeds. eHe dishes out karma.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
I feel the EGO of adults due to drinking old rotten vegetables, destroys a big part of them self’s and as a child watched adults very strangely and wondered what they had done to be so unhappy….
So later after half destroying my self also from alcohol, realized it did nothing for making me feel any younger or happier…= the fall of man….
Anyways that is a piece of the puzzle, as also there is something very strange to sit next to someone on the bus and not talk to them……children do……..until we scare them and produce an EGO in them…..
Can you imagine children in a playground with big adult egos, there would be no playing……
So where is there a line of lets have fun and lets be old an EGO driven?