• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is satan bad and mad?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
To what principles to what law you appeal in Judging God the Lawmaker? A police can kill some people, no one judges the police.
Law officers certainly have to answer for their actions to a higher authority.

Your God is a figment of your imagination, your book was written by men with their imaginations. Therefore, I pass judgement on the minds of the men who created this myth with my higher authority as someone above this delusion.

Liu

With that said, I could make a more accurate sweeping generalization by saying the overwhelming majority would give this sort of drivel (the op) an eyeroll and a snort, maybe a slow head shake. That's about all the engagement it's worth.
Exactly; I wouldn't expect to be able to convince the OP of anything, I only replied to point out a few facts so that readers of this thread don't get presented only a bunch of bullsh*t about our religion.

And sorry to reply to something you were asked, but I felt like replying to the following myself.
Feel free to educate us Edge, are you saying there are Satanists who are malevolent and wish to do people harm in the name of Satan? Every religion has its extremists, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. People should be free to believe whatever they want, it only becomes a problem when they seek to harm other people because of those beliefs, then they become my enemy.
Sure, this kind exists. Even in several different versions:
- simple inverse-christians and other easily-impressed
- gnostics that preach such behaviour would bring nearer the end of the world (which they hope for)
- and those that think that immoral behaviour is a good method for forging one's own character

Just, the majority of us don't do things like that since it would be actually in contradiction to our worldview which includes the goal of creating a better position for ourselves in the world and working on fulfilling our own will. Self-deification is more difficult to work on in prison ;)

The Holy Bottom Burp

Sure, this kind exists. Even in several different versions:
- simple inverse-christians and other easily-impressed
- gnostics that preach such behaviour would bring nearer the end of the world (which they hope for)
- and those that think that immoral behaviour is a good method for forging one's own character

Just, the majority of us don't do things like that since it would be actually in contradiction to our worldview which includes the goal of creating a better position for ourselves in the world and working on fulfilling our own will. Self-deification is more difficult to work on in prison ;)
Thanks for that Liu, though I don't really see how the one I put in bold makes any sense, my "character" is forged by my thoughts and actions, regardless of whether they are moral and immoral. I'm a secular humanist, generally speaking I've no problem with Satanists, though I would have a problem with the ones who would inflict harm (mental or physical) on others. No more so than other religionists who seek to harm others because of their beliefs though.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So, the worship of FSM is real now? But what about the atheists their? Are they then false atheists?

Pastafarians don't worship, but if they did, this could be their prayer:

Blessed be the Flying Spaghetti Monster, born of extra virgin olive oil, delivered by Little Caesarian (in 30 minutes or less) and cast out of the Olive Garden carrying the Ten Condiments, who has come for our salivation. Our pasta was killed by the Antipasto as foretold in the book of Romanos. Snagged by a giant twirling fork, Our Savory was placed on a plate and hurled onto a wall, where He stuck and dried for our sins. Cheese's Crust, how grated thou art! And blessed be Mother Marinara. May there be pizza on earth and gouda will toward men.

Liu

Thanks for that Liu, though I don't really see how the one I put in bold makes any sense, my "character" is forged by my thoughts and actions, regardless of whether they are moral and immoral. I'm a secular humanist, generally speaking I've no problem with Satanists, though I would have a problem with the ones who would inflict harm (mental or physical) on others. No more so than other religionists who seek to harm others because of their beliefs though.
One of the wide-spread beliefs among LHPers is that there is no objective morality. Therefore it's recommended to free oneself from all external concepts of morality to thereby see one's own values and will more clearly. And one way to do so is by intentionally breaking taboos and doing things generally seen as immoral. The goal is becoming indifferent to whether something is normally called moral or immoral. While it certainly depends on the individual person whether this is actually recommendable and in which form, I can so far agree with it in principle.

However, when we do such we normally try to do that without actually breaking laws (or at least without getting caught ;)) but some say that one is only then truly free and has true life experience when one enganges in actual criminal activity, which is what I was mostly referring to in regards to actively harming other people.

questfortruth

Law officers certainly have to answer for their actions to a higher authority. ....

Who will judge this higher authority of yours? The satan is condemned by Jesus Christ. The satan is figure from Bible, in the Bible he is defeated and is burning (together with all satanists) in the lake of fire. So, there is no sense in satanism.

The Holy Bottom Burp

One of the wide-spread beliefs among LHPers is that there is no objective morality. Therefore it's recommended to free oneself from all external concepts of morality to thereby see one's own values and will more clearly. And one way to do so is by intentionally breaking taboos and doing things generally seen as immoral. The goal is becoming indifferent to whether something is normally called moral or immoral. While it certainly depends on the individual person whether this is actually recommendable and in which form, I can so far agree with it in principle.

However, when we do such we normally try to do that without actually breaking laws (or at least without getting caught ;)) but some say that one is only then truly free and has true life experience when one enganges in actual criminal activity, which is what I was mostly referring to in regards to actively harming other people.
I agree that there is no "objective" morality in the sense of a "higher authority" who decides what it is. However, my take on "objective" morality would be anything that promotes wellbeing in others, so I'd clash with some LHPers in that case. Breaking the law can be viewed as the moral thing to do under "my" definition, especially if you live under an oppressive regime. However if breaking the law involves theft, personal assault, and definitely rape or murder (!), I'd have a serious problem. Hope you're not into any of that Liu! ;)

Liu

I agree that there is no "objective" morality in the sense of a "higher authority" who decides what it is. However, my take on "objective" morality would be anything that promotes wellbeing in others, so I'd clash with some LHPers in that case. Breaking the law can be viewed as the moral thing to do under "my" definition, especially if you live under an oppressive regime. However if breaking the law involves theft, personal assault, and definitely rape or murder (!), I'd have a serious problem. Hope you're not into any of that Liu! ;)

There are clashes between different LHPers as well, since we all have a wide range of different interpretations on how to best walk this path. But rest assured that it's widespread among us as well to see the things you listed as not compatible with one's personal values.

Feel free to educate us Edge, are you saying there are Satanists who are malevolent and wish to do people harm in the name of Satan? Every religion has its extremists, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. People should be free to believe whatever they want, it only becomes a problem when they seek to harm other people because of those beliefs, then they become my enemy.
It's a little more complicated than that. If you are truly interested in exactly where I am going with this(my perspective on what meaningful satanism entails), check out the link to my ADM at the bottom of my post.

If that doesn't interest you I can answer questions via pm. I don't really feel like dignifying this derp of a thread with dropped pearls, dig? :)

I would recommend you check out, in addition to my last recommendation, the MSS of that group that SHALL NOT BE NAMED on RF. I literally can't even say the name here because it would be (that thing we are not allowed to talk about) straight out of existence as soon as a (person doing a volunteer activity that we aren't allowed to mention either) sees it. :)

Liu

I would recommend you check out, in addition to my last recommendation, the MSS of that group that SHALL NOT BE NAMED on RF. I literally can't even say the name here because it would be (that thing we are not allowed to talk about) straight out of existence as soon as a (person doing a volunteer activity that we aren't allowed to mention either) sees it. :)
Now you are exaggerating. We are only not allowed to discuss them. I've mentioned them several times in other threads without getting deleted or even warned. Only one thread in which we started discussing them was cleansed.
But yes, those were also among those I was referring to with the third point in my reply to @The Holy Bottom Burp.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
New Hell has certainly inspired a lot more artwork than heaven. There are way more early pictures of hell than heaven.
The Bible does mention Hell way more than Heaven. And I think there may be something to destruction and torment that gets us more emotionally aroused than bliss. I offer The Divine Comedy as an example, filled with page turning vivid and harrowing descriptions of the utmost misery and torture while the poet travels through Hell, only to really tapper off and go to a "meh" sort of tone and punishment as the poet advances past Hell.
Yes, Satan is both bad and mad.
According to whom? The God who ordered the unborn be ripped and torn from the womb and gave the order to massacre the first born in Egypt?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Who will judge this higher authority of yours?
The problem with this "higher authority," and by extension "original cause" as well, who judges this "higher authority?" If we follow a hierarchy, who is above the rank where you decided to stop? Why should we just seemingly arbitrarily stop at "god?" Why should we not demand a higher accountability, and to know if there is one? By extension, given the similarity, if there is an original cause then why stop at god? Why should god not have a cause, which would thus have a cause?
What if god has a god?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Imagine a man on the edge of the abyss. God says: do not make a step forward, or by death will die. An unhealthy Lucifer approaches and says "make the step, God envies you, fly like a bird!" And when the man stepped forward, the hope for Lucifer's repentance disappeared: God cursed him. A person can not turn into a bird, so that person is broken:

Wikipedia's religion is "connection to a supernatural being". But any human has supernatural Freewill. Hereby do not listen to Nihilists, who do nihilate everything what relates to True God.
So, the Religion is connection to True God, faith in Verity.

The "church of satan" is the false religion, because the satan is less powerful figure in Bible, than Jesus Christ. So, he can not be the True God, and so the satanism is the false religion.
The next example are the false prayers in the Flying Spaghetti Monster church: this religion is false, because the worship of FSM is meant to be pretended, it means - false worship.

Because there are false religions, there is True Religion, in light of which the others are false. We do worship the True God, because our God is Truth. Verity.

Any Nihilist shall agree, what, anoccordingi to Bible author, the satan is the most negative figure.
No. Not imo. Read the bible. List deaths associated or caused by God and deaths by Satan. God is evil cruel and violent

questfortruth

That doesn't make sense as God himself cursed Adam and Eve and their descendants with death.
No, the God Father is Love and Verity. He told the Adam not to sin and what a sinner will die. Then came the mentally sick Lucifer and told, what God is liar, and a sinner will not die. Guess what? We are rotting!

Riders

Imagine a man on the edge of the abyss. God says: do not make a step forward, or by death will die. An unhealthy Lucifer approaches and says "make the step, God envies you, fly like a bird!" And when the man stepped forward, the hope for Lucifer's repentance disappeared: God cursed him. A person can not turn into a bird, so that person is broken:

Wikipedia's religion is "connection to a supernatural being". But any human has supernatural Freewill. Hereby do not listen to Nihilists, who do nihilate everything what relates to True God.
So, the Religion is connection to True God, faith in Verity.

The "church of satan" is the false religion, because the satan is less powerful figure in Bible, than Jesus Christ. So, he can not be the True God, and so the satanism is the false religion.
The next example are the false prayers in the Flying Spaghetti Monster church: this religion is false, because the worship of FSM is meant to be pretended, it means - false worship.

Because there are false religions, there is True Religion, in light of which the others are false. We do worship the True God, because our God is Truth. Verity.

Any Nihilist shall agree, what, according to Bible author, the satan is the most negative figure.

Riders

The real truth is The person Adam and Eve trying to fly were not jumping out into the abyss but using free will to becomes Gods in the sense of learning they could rely on themselves and be intelligent Thank God for the devil if we didn't have free will to think for ourselves we'd be unfeeling robots.

Christianity has to have Satan as you Saud you guys use evil and Satan to prove God is good. Ado the light relies on the dark to help it guide humans. Tao.

I think there is some Satanism in your Christian beliefs wow you give so much credit and glorify great Satan for his works.