• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is satan bad and mad?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Imagine a man on the edge of the abyss. God says: do not make a step forward, or by death will die. An unhealthy Lucifer approaches and says "make the step, God envies you, fly like a bird!" And when the man stepped forward, the hope for Lucifer's repentance disappeared: God cursed him. A person can not turn into a bird, so that person is broken:

Wikipedia's religion is "connection to a supernatural being". But any human has supernatural Freewill. Hereby do not listen to Nihilists, who do nihilate everything what relates to True God.
So, the Religion is connection to True God, faith in Verity.

The "church of satan" is the false religion, because the satan is less powerful figure in Bible, than Jesus Christ. So, he can not be the True God, and so the satanism is the false religion.
The next example are the false prayers in the Flying Spaghetti Monster church: this religion is false, because the worship of FSM is meant to be pretended, it means - false worship.

Because there are false religions, there is True Religion, in light of which the others are false. We do worship the True God, because our God is Truth. Verity.

Any Nihilist shall agree, what, according to Bible author, the satan is the most negative figure.
-God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21).

-God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. -He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3).

-He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses” (Joshua 6).

-In (Judges 21) He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead

-In (2 Kings 10:18-27) God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church!

Satan harmed no one.
Now, who is the True Evil here?

questfortruth

And you're right Satan opposes the Jewish and abrahamic religions and the Jews in general, but in ancient times He was an extremely positive figure as Satan was worshipped as the God Creator. Same with Serpent Symbolism, a very positive and sacred symbol. In my beliefs True Satanism is simply Pre-Abrahamic Paganism. And your cat is beautiful...

But I'm confused, what do you want to debate about? If Satan is "mad or bad"??
Usually, there are no winners in debates. I have just presented stuff to talk about. About the cat:

The cat is watching through the glass,
The emptiness approaches us,
It quiets any sound of pain,
The roof is hit by acid rain.
But don't you worry,
Dear mom,
I am your cat till Trumpet sound.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Not sure whether that applies to any major amount of pastafarians, but among LHPers, i.e. the group of religions also Satanism belongs to, there are also some who believe that deities exist on an intersubjective plane (which is basically the plane of imagination) and can influence objective reality, but that their existence is dependent on who believes in them and that they are nothing but the product of human imagination. That's basically what chaos-magickians typically believe. Now, is that atheistic or theistic?

I'd class it as atheistic, but they're quite entitled to class it as neither. After all, they're just labels, so utility should be the guide.
In terms of pastafarians, though, I'm tempted to assume they're all atheists, using a fake religion to make a few points and perhaps poke a little fun at 'real' religion, and how society makes allowances for it.

Still, if there's one thing my time on earth has led me to believe, it's that people will believe all sorts of stuff, and behave in all sorts of ways that I don't really find likely. So I made allowance for that my suggesting that their belief with regards to the FSM determines whether they are atheists or not.

Regardless, 'false atheists' is still a nonsense term. However, your point is well made. Most of life is conducted in the grey, and black and white tend to be illusions.

Reactions: Liu

questfortruth

-God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21). ....
To whom we reference in judging God? To another God? No. To Verity. But the Verity is defined as the objective opinion, latter has only God.

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
I guess "Satan" means many different things to many different people. If you see him as evil, he will be evil. I never really saw Satan as evil and I never had an experience where God and the Devil fought over what was right. They just are, and it was Satan who answered me when I asked "why?"

Maybe my religion is "false" but I don't really care. My trial of the "true religion" ended in disaster both in my mind and spirit, and manifested in the physical life. I was healed when I took the other path. That's enough for me to keep on going.

Reactions: Liu

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
No, He's Firm but Fair. He loves His Creation and wants the best for us. Stories you might read about genocide are written by men to justify their treatment of others and self perceived superiority.
Stories like Job make this very hard to believe. I read that story, I don't see God as loving Job, but rather God having a gambling problem and Satan pulling a fast one on God. How Lucifer, Beelzebub, Azmodeus, and the other legions of Hell must have roared in laughter to see the "Almighty" manipulated and played in such a way.
Satan plays his followers for suckers.
At least Satan doesn't go into genocide mode when people anger him, nor did Satan go back on a promise that a son shall never pay for the sins of the father and vice versa. When it comes to god, not even non-human animals are safe from his wrath and demand for blood.

NayaVeda

Imagine a man on the edge of the abyss. God says: do not make a step forward, or by death will die. An unhealthy Lucifer approaches and says "make the step, God envies you, fly like a bird!" And when the man stepped forward, the hope for Lucifer's repentance disappeared: God cursed him. A person can not turn into a bird, so that person is broken:

Wikipedia's religion is "connection to a supernatural being". But any human has supernatural Freewill. Hereby do not listen to Nihilists, who do nihilate everything what relates to True God.

The "church of satan" is the false religion, because the satan is less powerful figure in Bible, than Jesus Christ. So, he can not be the True God, and so the satanism is the false religion.
The next example are the false prayers in the Flying Spaghetti Monster church: this religion is false, because the worship of FSM is meant to be pretended, it means - false worship.

Because there are false religions, there is True Religion, in light of which the others are false. We do worship the True God, because our God is Truth. Verity.

Any Nihilist shall agree, what, according to Bible author, the satan is the most negative figure.

Hypothetical muslim Iblis/Satan was/is an idiot

He said to God that he won't bow down before Adam because he is made of clay/sand/silicon chips and he is made of blue flame (see Vishnu/Shiva hindu gods).

Even if he felt that way, he could have avoided hypothetical hell by saying these two other things instead:

1) 'I will NOT bow down before anyone except you, oh God!'

2) 'Right now i am not in a mood. My ego prevents me from bowing down'

This way, he could have avoided hell.

All hypothetical of course, if the quranic story is true.

Liu

Hypothetical muslim Iblis/Satan was/is an idiot

He said to God that he won't bow down before Adam because he is made of clay/sand/silicon chips and he is made of blue flame (see Vishnu/Shiva hindu gods).

Even if he felt that way, he could have avoided hypothetical hell by saying these two other things instead:

1) 'I will NOT bow down before anyone except you, oh God!'

2) 'Right now i am not in a mood. My ego prevents me from bowing down'

This way, he could have avoided hell.

All hypothetical of course, if the quranic story is true.
If I remember correctly he did say something like 1), the issue wasn't that he wouldn't bow down before Allah, but that he didn't follow the order of bowing down before Adam because previously he and all the other angels had been ordered by Allah to bow down before no one but Allah himself. Sh*tty situation to have such a boss, especially since Allah did not punish any of the other angels for not following the first order by following the second one.

NayaVeda

If I remember correctly he did say something like 1), the issue wasn't that he wouldn't bow down before Allah, but that he didn't follow the order of bowing down before Adam because previously he and all the other angels had been ordered by Allah to bow down before no one but Allah himself. Sh*tty situation to have such a boss, especially since Allah did not punish any of the other angels for not following the first order by following the second one.

Since i am a prophetess of God it has been revealed to me that Allah's Spirit was inside Adam's body when he ordered angels and Satan to bow down before him. So in a way God was asking Satan to bow down before The Holy Spirit of God (the same one that went inside Mary and impregnated her with Jesus)

shawn001

"But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?"

Mark Twain

Repox

Truth Seeker

Humans are mortal creature who are here because Satan rebelled in heaven. The universe is Satan's kingdom, the problem is it is a dangerous place full of exploding stars, out of control galaxies, and unpredictable outcomes as physical laws dictate creatures' destiny. Unfortunately for humans, Satan will continue his destructive ways until the end of the universe. God has attempted to save humans for the ravages of Satan, but to no avail, although there is no way of knowing the final outcome.

Last edited:

QuestioningMind

IF there actually is a 'True Religion', you've done nothing to demonstrate that the religion you practice is the 'True Religion'.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It is the god featured in the Bible which is mad and bad!
Satan does come off rather clean in comparison to the stories. Kind of calm cool and collected while God goes spastics on everything. Smiting there, turning people into salt here, plaguing frogs and locusts yonder thar......

There are Satanists on the forum, I'm sure they don't need me to defend their beliefs, but check it out chaps, Official Church of Satan Website | churchofsatan.com They are a benign and peaceful organisation, no animal or human sacrifices to the "dark lord" required! I think you may misunderstand their aims and objectives.

Dude, can you demonstrate the FSM is false? Can you demonstrate your god is real? The Church of the FSM is growing in membership, many bear testimony to the happiness the FSM brings to their lives. Have some respect for the Pastafarians.

Yeah, always thought the devil gets a bad press, he seems to be in anything considered fun!
Not all Satanists are benign..most of these public orgs are for hobbyists and hipsters.

With that said, I could make a more accurate sweeping generalization by saying the overwhelming majority would give this sort of drivel (the op) an eyeroll and a snort, maybe a slow head shake. That's about all the engagement it's worth.

shawn001

Hell has certainly inspired a lot more artwork than heaven. There are way more early pictures of hell than heaven.

The Holy Bottom Burp

Not all Satanists are benign..most of these public orgs are for hobbyists and hipsters.
Feel free to educate us Edge, are you saying there are Satanists who are malevolent and wish to do people harm in the name of Satan? Every religion has its extremists, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. People should be free to believe whatever they want, it only becomes a problem when they seek to harm other people because of those beliefs, then they become my enemy.