• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Satan a Deity?

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Why did God stop being God of the world He created?

That’s a very good question.

Because of the issues of sovereignty (“Does God have the right to rule mankind, or can man successfully make his own decisions and rule himself?”) that were raised in the Garden, in Genesis 3:1-6, and with Job, in Job 1 & Job 2...

The best way for Jehovah to handle those issues, is to let mankind rule themselves for an extended time, w/o God’s interference (for the most part), and let the record build up and speak for itself.

The historical record is about complete. Man’s record of self-rule is abysmal! Selfishness, greed and power always raise their ugly heads, and the innocent have suffered. Even the planet, through the misuse of technology.

But you know what, Kelly? I look at the Bible as God’s letter to us written to help us while He’s “been away”, and I’ve tried to apply its counsel in my life...my wife, too...and we have a pretty good life, happy and content.
But that’s a side point....

Those issues are almost settled, we feel. We see Last Day prophecies being fulfilled — wars, pestilence, famine & earthquakes all happening at one time. God’s about ready to “step back in”.
Revelation 21:3-5

Best wishes to you, my cousin!

Zaha Torte

Question: Is Satan a Deity?

My answer: Yes, I believe he is. I believe that Satan is a being who is consubstantial with The Supreme Being. His nature is therefore divine. But he is not to be worshiped as he is not a member of the triune Godhead.
He is as much a Deity as you or I.

Clara Tea

Rome horribly killed Jesus, fearing his power to lead people. Rome wanted to lead, so they adopted Christianity. But, they also altered the religion by adding and subtracting to the bible. The Vatican was put in charge, and they were Roman.

Now we wonder about Satan. Before Christianity, there was no Satan. Jews didn't believe in hell or the devil.

But, the new Roman leaders of religion wanted still more power, and the way to get that was to scare the daylights out of Christians. Thus, the Christian invention of Satan. We can't accept the notion of Satan merely because it scares us. We have to accept what God has said, not what some Roman emperor has said.

Jews must have believed in some evil, since the snake had tempted Eve and Adam to taste the forbidden fruit of knowledge. So, the snake was thought to be evil, and thought to be a tempter.

Many passages of the bible tell us not to be tempted by the evils of Satan. Yet, when you look at the ancient Latin and Hebrew of those passages, you find that it says something entirely different. Instead of saying that some outside force (Satan) might tempt you, it says don't you, yourself, be tempted to do evil. It is about free choice. If we choose to do evil, we go to hell, and if we choose to do good, we rejoin God in heaven.