• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is religion really involved?

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".
It was a surprising speech, right?

I don't think authentic Christianity is involved in any way other than the basic instruction to us to love our neighbors, which would include such actions as helping protect our neighbors against a dangerous virus in ways that we reasonably can, like wearing a mask and/or getting a vaccine.

Most Christians are vaccinated, and most Christian pastors/bishops say to get vaccinated is a good action that is in keeping with "love your neighbor as yourself".

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
It was a surprising speech, right?

I don't think authentic Christianity is involved in any way other than the basic instruction to us to love our neighbors, which would include such actions as helping protect our neighbors against a dangerous virus in ways that we reasonably can, like wearing a mask and/or getting a vaccine.

Most Christians are vaccinated, and most Christian pastors/bishops say to get vaccinated is a good action that is in keeping with "love your neighbor as yourself".
I am not convinced that God is involved with the vaccination, God has the power to either have prevented or stopped the outbreak, to imagine the God instead organized smart scientists to work on a vaccine and wanting the people of the world to have the resultant vaccine is not very smart when He has the powers to stop it Himself.

Otoh, Revelation prophecy claims than plagues were going to happen in end times, so we may be witnessing God's actual plan?

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".
I am not convinced that God is involved with the vaccination, God has the power to either have prevented or stopped the outbreak, to imagine the God instead organized smart scientists to work on a vaccine and wanting the people of the world to have the resultant vaccine is not very smart when He has the powers to stop it Himself.

Otoh, Revelation prophecy claims than plagues were going to happen in end times, so we may be witnessing God's actual plan?
Well, in the NT, we read that for some, God will intentionally block them from finding Him, for example, such as the arrogant: “God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.” (for instance James 4:6; 1 Peter 5:5; Psalm 138:6)

And we read He will send delusion to some that they may be locked out. Isa 6:9 Cross References (13 Verses)
Here's a reason later in time (or maybe sooner than I might guess), but akin to the normal reason:
"...They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie,"

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Well, in the NT, we read that for some, God will intentionally block them from finding Him, for example, such as the arrogant: “God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.” (for instance James 4:6; 1 Peter 5:5; Psalm 138:6)

And we read He will send delusion to some that they may be locked out. Isa 6:9 Cross References (13 Verses)
Here's a reason later in time (or maybe sooner than I might guess), but akin to the normal reason:
"...They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie,"
Yes, those quotes are consistent with my understanding, that's why many live in fear and delusion, they have not braced God's truth, those who are not in fear love God's truth. "By their fruits ye shall know them" Matt 7:19-20.