• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Proverbs 30:4 Jesus?

Yahcubs777

Doubtful, considering that the building of the Temple led to Israel continuing to believe that atonement sacrifices really do assist in the atonement process. I'd wager that nearly a thousand years of this belief by millions of Israelites is more of a waste than Solomon's wisdom. Pity he didn't enlighten the Israelites that the Temple is meaningless.

They wrote that GOD gave Solomon his wisdom. How can anything that comes from GOD be wasted in such a way. I can explain it, but it will be very long so i won't.
The interesting thing i find, is no one seems to be able to link what Jesus His Pre-Eminence said about the temple being brought down, to King David bringing down temples and shrines of dagons.
And Jesus His Pre-Eminence was referring to the very pharisees as vipers. But this is just along the way not really part of my reply.

Let me ask you another way.

Is there a Prophet, who did not receive that wisdom, that did what Solomon did and worship false gods?

Brian2

Veteran Member
The book of the lamb has contained the names of the children of the kingdom since the foundation of the world. Its not that GOD adds and subtracts names, HE is all knowing. HE sees what happens before it happens. That is how it contradicts what you said.

I still cannot see how those scriptures contradict what I said.

Brian2

Veteran Member
I expect that if Solomon knew that the coming messiah would be the only being who could truly atone for mankind's sins, he wouldn't have wasted all of that money and effort on building the Temple.

Maybe but he was doing what David wanted him to do and what God wanted him to do.
The Temple and the sacrificial law showed blood sacrifice was what God wanted to atone for the deaths that sin had brought into the world. Maybe it should not have been a surprise that the death of the Son of God without moral blemish was what would atone for the sins of the world.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
It was Jesus who claimed to be the Son of God in a way that the Jewish establishment of the day called blasphemy and tried to stone Him. I guess they laughed at it also but it was not a happy laugh because it was when Jesus admitted to being the Christ, the Son of God that they said they did not need any further evidence and condemned Him to death.
Then of course they had to get Pontius Pilate on board with it so they said to him that Jesus claimed to be the King of the Jews.
And it was the Wicked Witch of the East that Dorothy killed, thereby allowing Tattypoo to flourish in Gillikin County and Beyond.

Yahcubs777

So you're saying that during an era in which the Jews had prophets, people who could converse directly with God, no one had any idea that god has a son? This seems like such a key theological factor, yet they were not aware of this? Note that during Solomon's time, the Israelites aren't rebuked for not knowing of the son of god. Seems odd, I must say.

King David knew, and he spoke of him. But they interpreted this man to be Jesus HIs Pre-Eminence, and Jesus His Pre-Eminence rebuked them saying: If david calls him LORD in the Spirit, how can he be his son.

The Prophets knew, even the Blessed Virgin Mary knew before she received Word from Arch Angel Gabriel. Its just not spelled out plainly.

The LORD said to my Lord, sit thou at my right hand till I make thine enemies your foot stool. This person King David was speaking about, is the Son of GOD, Adam His Eminence.

Isaiah also spoke about Father Adam. The Blessed Virgin Mary discovered the situation of Father Adam, and offered her womb to the GOD knowing that only HE can bail her principal Ancestor.

Really look at that story. Is it a respect for your right of free will that the GOD will claim a womb that HE chose? How is thatany different to what they wrote in Genesis 6? And they had the audacity to call them sons of GOD. Pfffffft! No, it was not written, but this was an answer to her prayer. Hannah is a type of Mary as well. The Blessed Virgin Mary prayed in earnest to the GOD and offered her womb to HIM so that HE could come into the earth and do what HE must do to save the principal ancestor of the mankind race, Father Adam, His Eminence and Mother Eve, Her Grace.

InChrist

Free4ever
I find it strange that a Sadducee High Priest would send a heretical Pharisee to kill, at best, a few hundred Christians in Damascus, when there were so many more heretics right there in Judea. At the same time, I find it strange that a zealous Pharisee such as Paul would be willing to take orders from a heretical Sadducee High Priest, and having been close enough to him while receiving the order, didn't gut him with his knife/other weapon, as one is supposed to do with heretics.
According to the biblical text, Saul (Paul) had already gone after followers of Christ in Judea...

“As for Saul, he made havoc of the church, entering every house, and dragging off men and women, committing them to prison.” Acts 8:3

Yet, he wasn’t content to stop there. He wasn’t “taking orders” to go to Damascus , he ASKED and wanted to go there to round up more of those he considered heretics and bring them back to Jerusalem.

It is not uncommon for those who oppose each other to work together against their common enemy. An example is Pilate and Herod (Luke 23:12). A modern example could be Biden and Harris, though opponents a few years ago, now work together. Likely, the High Priest was was glad to use Saul and his zealous hatred toward Christians.

Finally, I don’t find it strange he would go to Damascus, if that was God’s plan....

A man’s heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps. Proverbs 16:9

Yahcubs777

According to the biblical text, Saul (Paul) had already gone after followers of Christ in Judea...

“As for Saul, he made havoc of the church, entering every house, and dragging off men and women, committing them to prison.” Acts 8:3

Yet, he wasn’t content to stop there. He wasn’t “taking orders” to go to Damascus , he ASKED and wanted to go there to round up more of those he considered heretics and bring them back to Jerusalem.

It is not uncommon for those who oppose each other to work together against their common enemy. An example is Pilate and Herod (Luke 23:12). A modern example could be Biden and Harris, though opponents a few years ago, now work together. Likely, the High Priest was was glad to use Saul and his zealous hatred toward Christians.

Finally, I don’t find it strange he would go to Damascus, if that was God’s plan....

A man’s heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps. Proverbs 16:9

Where does it say it was GOD's plan? Do the people have no regard for the life of the children of the kingdom? This man saul sponsored the brutal death of Stephen. Where is the justice for Stephens life?

InChrist

Free4ever
Where does it say it was GOD's plan? Do the people have no regard for the life of the children of the kingdom? This man saul sponsored the brutal death of Stephen. Where is the justice for Stephens life?

What are you saying, God is not Sovereign or that He is incapable of working through the activities of human beings?
Saul was definitely and blatantly an evil sinner, but he repented and Hod had a plan for his life. Remember King David who committed adultery and had Bathsheba’s husband murdered? David repented and God still used his life in Israel. Paul was changed by Christ, he devoted his life to Jesus Christ and spread the gospel.
The justice for Stephen’s life is for the Lord to determine. I’m sure Stephen was at peace with that the moment he entered God’s Presence.

Yahcubs777

What are you saying, God is not Sovereign or that He is incapable of working through the activities of human beings?
Saul was definitely and blatantly an evil sinner, but he repented and Hod had a plan for his life. Remember King David who committed adultery and had Bathsheba’s husband murdered? David repented and God still used his life in Israel. Paul was changed by Christ, he devoted his life to Jesus Christ and spread the gospel.
The justice for Stephen’s life is for the Lord to determine. I’m sure Stephen was at peace with that the moment he entered God’s Presence.

GOD is not a user. GOD is self dependent, self sufficient, all sufficient without beginning or end. Stephen didn't enter into GOD's presence. No one who dies enters into GOD's presence. GOD is not in the land of the dead. Stephen went to Abrahams Bosom where he has been until the day of the resurrection.

Show me where it says that GOD planned for saul to go to damascus. Show me where it says that it was GOD's plan that saul should kill stephen. Do you understand the Word:

7And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? 8I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

This verse above was spoken in Luke 18. And it revealed how the unjust judge is, and how the Just judge is.

Now I ask you...

1. Where is the justice for the life of stephen that was brutally taken away from him unjustly.

2. What is the difference in saul murdering stephen, and cain murdering abel. Yet Cain bannished, to roam the earth, you claim saul was given ministry by the GOD.

Where is the Justice in this?

You are trying to tell me that the GOD i know, the GOD i worship, thinks my life to be insignificant, that i could be martyred for preaching HIS message and the person who took my life unjustly, would be then rewarded by giving him ministry to lead the church and preach the messages I was killed for.

I tell you, that description is not the GOD I know who loves me; whose love for me is the highest love i can receive from any that claimed to love me.

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
GOD is not a user. GOD is self dependent, self sufficient, all sufficient without beginning or end. Stephen didn't enter into GOD's presence. No one who dies enters into GOD's presence. GOD is not in the land of the dead. Stephen went to Abrahams Bosom where he has been until the day of the resurrection.

Show me where it says that GOD planned for saul to go to damascus. Show me where it says that it was GOD's plan that saul should kill stephen. Do you understand the Word:

7And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? 8I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

This verse above was spoken in Luke 18. And it revealed how the unjust judge is, and how the Just judge is.

Now I ask you...

1. Where is the justice for the life of stephen that was brutally taken away from him unjustly.

2. What is the difference in saul murdering stephen, and cain murdering abel. Yet Cain bannished, to roam the earth, you claim saul was given ministry by the GOD.

Where is the Justice in this?

You are trying to tell me that the GOD i know, the GOD i worship, thinks my life to be insignificant, that i could be martyred for preaching HIS message and the person who took my life unjustly, would be then rewarded by giving him ministry to lead the church and preach the messages I was killed for.

I tell you, that description is not the GOD I know who loves me; whose love for me is the highest love i can receive from any that claimed to love me.

True his body will ascend at the resurrection, but according to the scriptures, Stephen’ s spirit went to be with the Lord...

And they stoned Stephen as he was calling on God and saying, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” Acts 7:59

I wonder how many people were in the crowd that cried “crucify Him” and watched Jesus die on the cross, who later repented to become His followers and spread the gospel. Where’s the justice in that ?
How many missionaries have taken the gospel to various countries and have been martyred by those they shared with, only to have the people who killed them later repent and give their lives to Christ? Where is the justice in that ?
Certainly God will bring perfect justice, but His perspective is eternal unlike our temporal view.

Yahcubs777

True his body will ascend at the resurrection, but according to the scriptures, Stephen’ s spirit went to be with the Lord...

And they stoned Stephen as he was calling on God and saying, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” Acts 7:59

I wonder how many people were in the crowd that cried “crucify Him” and watched Jesus die on the cross, who later repented to become His followers and spread the gospel. Where’s the justice in that ?
How many missionaries have taken the gospel to various countries and have been martyred by those they shared with, only to have the people who killed them later repent and give their lives to Christ? Where is the justice in that ?
Certainly God will bring perfect justice, but His perspective is eternal unlike our temporal view.

Which of them later became HIS followers? Lol imagine claiming that an injustice is Justice....

Touch not mine annointed, and do thy Prophets no harm... How do you explain this?

Finally, whether that was written or not, it is not accurate as no one goes to be with the LORD in death. Death is not the path to life.

74x12

No. Prophesying is not only divination of someones life, or a future event, but the message of Salvation is preached by the Spirit of Prophecy. They wrote: The Gospel of Jesus (His Pre-Eminence) is the Spirit of Prophecy. A Prophet is not sent to a people without his message to the people that is vital for them to know how to be saved.
I agree.