• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is promiscuous sexual behavior healthy?

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
I recently got chewed out on an atheist blog for a comment where I suggested that "slutty" behavior isn't healthy, normal, and praiseworthy. Any thoughts? Should I be more sexually enlightened?

Wirey

Fartist
Define 'slutty'. I'd bang just about every woman who'd let me if I could. Does that somehow suggest there's something wrong with me?

Reptillian

Define 'slutty'. I'd bang just about every woman who'd let me if I could. Does that somehow suggest there's something wrong with me?

Maybe, that doesn't sound healthy to me... Doesn't sound like a healthy respect for women or for yourself. Is my attitude too old fashioned and unreasonable?

Reptillian

I'd suppose that 'slutty' is an ill defined term though...perhaps I'd classify it as frequent casual sex with numerous partners.

Alex_G

Enlightner of the Senses
I recently got chewed out on an atheist blog for a comment where I suggested that "slutty" behavior isn't healthy, normal, and praiseworthy. Any thoughts? Should I be more sexually enlightened?

Well i guess it would be worth saying why you think its unhealthy to begin with. A position is only as good as its reasoning after all. Would seem silly to 'chew up' any position prior to presented arguments.

Wirey

Fartist
Maybe, that doesn't sound healthy to me... Doesn't sound like a healthy respect for women or for yourself. Is my attitude too old fashioned and unreasonable?

Who said I'd be disrespectful? Look, I was specifically designed to emit my flawed DNA when the opportunity presents itself. Hell, if I don't, my body will do it without help while I sleep (thank you, God, Jesus, Buddha, Allah, or whomever). It makes me feel good, it makes her feel good, and afterwards there's usually a way to talk her into making me a sandwich.

If you're avoiding sex because you think it shouldn't feel good, maybe I'm not the problem. Maybe you're just tired of having the ladies say afterwards "Meh, Wirey was way better." Ever thought of that? :D

idav

Being
Premium Member

It isn't healthy but then most lifestyles are not healthy. I saw a couple that made it a point to have sex every single day for a year and it would have taken a toll on their health but they took an active role in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. When you use up that much energy it needs to be replenished somehow otherwise it will be unhealthy.

Reptillian

Well i guess it would be worth saying why you think its unhealthy to begin with. A position is only as good as its reasoning after all. Would seem silly to 'chew up' any position prior to presented arguments.

I guess my attitude stems from a sort of pre-contraceptive stance. I feel the world has enough b@st@rds as it is. Plus 'slutty' behavior spreads STD's.

Who said I'd be disrespectful? Look, I was specifically designed to emit my flawed DNA when the opportunity presents itself. Hell, if I don't, my body will do it without help while I sleep (thank you, God, Jesus, Buddha, Allah, or whomever). It makes me feel good, it makes her feel good, and afterwards there's usually a way to talk her into making me a sandwich.

If you're avoiding sex because you think it shouldn't feel good, maybe I'm not the problem. Maybe you're just tired of having the ladies say afterwards "Meh, Wirey was way better." Ever thought of that? :D
I guess I probably do have some hangups from the way I was raised. I was always taught that sex was a beautiful experience to be shared between two people who love each other.

Shuddhasattva

I think sex has far more potential than the piddling pleasure - or reproduction - it's commonly used for, and to the extent that its use fails to meet that potential, it's "wrong" in an absolute sense. But is promiscuous sex wrong in a relativistic sense? No; and, depends on the individual inclination.

Better question IMO is "is promiscuity right or wrong for me?" Because you really shouldn't have much say-so in regards to others on this one.

Wirey

Fartist
I guess I probably do have some hangups from the way I was raised. I was always taught that sex was a beautiful experience to be shared between two people who love each other.

Sex without love may be an empty experience, but as far as empty experiences go, it's the champ!

MD

qualiaphile
Sluttiness from an evolutionary perspective is non adaptive. STDs and pregnancies abound and a tribe cannot support an explosion of either STDs or pregnancies. We lived as tribes for most of our existence (civilization is only 5000 years old). Imo sluttiness whether male or female is a cultural adaptation.

However I don't think monogamy is completely natural either, men and women I think are polygamous, alpha male wants many women and many women want alpha male. Heck some tribes even have polyandry. But monogamy is also powerful as we have 'love' and is necessary for child rearing. I think sexual preferences wise we are a mix of monogamous and polygamous. But that doesn't imply sluttiness.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I think sex has far more potential than the piddling pleasure - or reproduction - it's commonly used for, and to the extent that its use fails to meet that potential, it's "wrong" in an absolute sense. But is promiscuous sex wrong in a relativistic sense? No; and, depends on the individual inclination.

Better question IMO is "is promiscuity right or wrong for me?" Because you really shouldn't have much say-so in regards to others on this one.

VERY well said. :clap

waitasec

Veteran Member

the way i see it...if you are having fun without putting other people in harms way..physically or emotionally...do it...do it... do it

:woohoo:
:trampo:

Reptillian

WutCHU doin' later *eyes up and down*
images