• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Politics the New Religion?

F1fan

Veteran Member
Hey RF!

I'm generalizing of course, but I hope you see what I mean.

What are your thoughts? Is politics a kind of religion for people? Is this good, bad, something in between?
I think what is happening is politics has become more ideological, and sides are drawn with a strong set of basic policies that a person can identify with. The world and society hav\s become more complex, and I think more people understand less about the real circumstances and problems that need to be dealt with. The connection between the Christian evangelicals and the GOP in the 80-90's really drove this phenomenon.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I attended a UU congregation in my area for several months a while back as well. I was struck first of all by how many of the members were white Boomers (not unlike a mainline Christian church), and also I remember thinking that I had never seen so many Bernie stickers in one parking lot! :tearsofjoy:
Liberal minds will be liberal.