• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Peace on Earth Really God's Goal????

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
When one has done all they are supposed to do, death shows up to move the student forward.

oh, you say you are not forced to obey yet can you say fear is not a weapon when you will fry or die forever if you don't comply? As I see it, one of the reasons the Real God doesn't just pop in and say hello to everyone ........

I have a friend whose baby died when he was just 28 hours old, so how did death show up to move him forward.
Jesus never taught ' fry ' forever. When KJV translated the word Gehenna as hell fire, then false clergy put the fry in the fire part. Gehenna was just a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were destroyed forever, Not burning forever. No frying, but as Psalms 92:7 says the wicked will be: destroyed forever (gone forever).
That is why at 2 Peter 3:9 we are given two (2) choices to ' repent ' so as Not to ' perish' (be destroyed).
That is Not a fear-tactic weapon, because only those bringing ruin to Earth will be brought to ruin - Rev. 11:18 B.
Those people wilfully bringing ruin do Not care about You. They are the ones You should fear and be afraid of !

The Real God does 'pop' up, so to speak, and He is saying " Hello everyone..... " through the pages of Scripture.
Do you know of anyone who has Not heard of the Bible. I find because of the proclaiming about the good news of God's kingdom government being proclaimed on an international global scale as it is being done world-wide today shows that God is saying hello to everyone and giving everyone the opportunity to become part of the humble meek who will inherit the Earth as Jesus' promised us.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
................. As for Happiness, Everyone can be Happy when they understand what Happiness really is. Happiness is no more than a Choice.

Oh, never think I am angry or riled. I'm one of those always Happy People. Lots of Love and Kindness, My Friend.

I find in Scripture that there were people who willingly gave up their ' personal happiness ' for the welfare of others.
' Personal happiness ' did Not count as so important when the welfare of another was at stake.
Christians are to rejoice (be happy) according to Romans 12:12; Philippians 4:4; 3:1; Ecclesiastes 8:15.
Also, apparently it is God's choice that we should be happy according to Psalms 144:15.
The God of the Bible is a happy God according to 1 Timothy 1:11.
God is ' happy ' to offer us everlasting life on Earth (Psalms 115:16) so He finds more happiness in giving.....

Bird123

I think many might feel that the physical body is a restriction, but we do Not know what having a perfectly healthy physical body of sound heart and mind is like. We only know our imperfect bodies.

Adam was Not offered a time-based nature. Earth was Not a 'stepping stone' for Adam to another realm.
Adam was designed to live forever on Earth in perfect health as long as he did Not break God's Law.
Mortal Adam was offered perfectly healthy everlasting life on Earth if he wanted to keep God's Law.
At death law-breaker Adam simply ' returned ' to where he started the dust of the ground according to Genesis 3:19.
A person can Not ' return ' to a place he never was before. Adam went from non-life, to life, and returned to non-life.
So, to me, as far as Scripture goes, mankind can have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection back to life on Earth starting with Jesus' coming 1,000-year reign over Earth when the humble meek will inherit the Earth as Jesus' said.

This physical world supplies so much sensory input it is easy for some to think that is all there is or that the physical is more important or that one can not live without the physical. Perhaps this would be a good time for you to focus on who you really are and the Spiritual things that really you will find counts the most.

Bird123

I have a friend whose baby died when he was just 28 hours old, so how did death show up to move him forward.
Jesus never taught ' fry ' forever. When KJV translated the word Gehenna as hell fire, then false clergy put the fry in the fire part. Gehenna was just a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were destroyed forever, Not burning forever. No frying, but as Psalms 92:7 says the wicked will be: destroyed forever (gone forever).
That is why at 2 Peter 3:9 we are given two (2) choices to ' repent ' so as Not to ' perish' (be destroyed).
That is Not a fear-tactic weapon, because only those bringing ruin to Earth will be brought to ruin - Rev. 11:18 B.
Those people wilfully bringing ruin do Not care about You. They are the ones You should fear and be afraid of !

The Real God does 'pop' up, so to speak, and He is saying " Hello everyone..... " through the pages of Scripture.
Do you know of anyone who has Not heard of the Bible. I find because of the proclaiming about the good news of God's kingdom government being proclaimed on an international global scale as it is being done world-wide today shows that God is saying hello to everyone and giving everyone the opportunity to become part of the humble meek who will inherit the Earth as Jesus' promised us.

So you are saying that someone will be destroyed forever if they don't follow is not a Fear weapon or tactic?? You are ignoring reality.

The bible is a creation of mankind not God. God isn't writing nor inspiring any books. Why? Because there is no need.

As I see it, God does place knowledge all around us waiting for us to discover it. God personally visits very few for two reasons. 1 God does not want to intimidate anyone's free choice. 2. You do not realize God's Intellect. We are but mere ants. God is working on multiple levels with multiple views. As I see it, most would just be confused by the experience. For those not confused, it would take a week to realize all that was said in just a few minutes. Further, who knows what was never grasped at all?

Bird123

I find in Scripture that there were people who willingly gave up their ' personal happiness ' for the welfare of others.
' Personal happiness ' did Not count as so important when the welfare of another was at stake.
Christians are to rejoice (be happy) according to Romans 12:12; Philippians 4:4; 3:1; Ecclesiastes 8:15.
Also, apparently it is God's choice that we should be happy according to Psalms 144:15.
The God of the Bible is a happy God according to 1 Timothy 1:11.
God is ' happy ' to offer us everlasting life on Earth (Psalms 115:16) so He finds more happiness in giving.....

One never has to give up Personal Happiness. If Happiness is no more than a choice, how can anyone make you give it up?? Helping others, at the very least should make one feel good. If it doesn't at the moment, it surely will when it returns.

Daisies4me

You do not Understand. As I see it, it is about the Real Truth. I will not live in a Realm of Stories regardless of the promises. As for Happiness, Everyone can be Happy when they understand what Happiness really is. Happiness is no more than a Choice.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe I pointed to a direction where I think Everyone can Discover the Real Truth for themselves. On the other hand some like creating their world within stories and beliefs. If you are one of these, have fun.

Oh, never think I am angry or riled. I'm one of those always Happy People. Lots of Love and Kindness, My Friend.

Hi Bird
Glad you are happy. :) I must've misinterpreted your statements somehow.
I do still like the Bible prophecies for my own choice, as I find them must more credible. If happiness and true peace would be a product of men simply 'learning by their mistakes', it seems that the entire earth should be in harmony and peace by now. How long do you expect it to take for everyone to get with your program?
I have to say, it doesn't look too promising from my perspective... lol
kinda like the story about the old miser and his mule--- he didn't like to buy feed for the mule, so he decided to train the mule not to eat. well, just about the time he got the muled 'trained' not to eat, what do you suppose happened to the old miser's mule?

<grin>

take care

Daisies4me

AS I see it, We are all Spiritual beings in our true natures. Our physical bodies are no more than our transportation in this world. When your car is wrecked beyond operation, you move on.

Aren't animals the same as people only people have more capabilities and knowledge? As I see it, God has many children learning and advancing forward including animals. It's only mankind's Ego that tells them that animals are lower.

When one has done all they are supposed to do, death shows up to move the student forward.

oh, you say you are not forced to obey yet can you say fear is not a weapon when you will fry or die forever if you don't comply? As I see it, one of the reasons the Real God doesn't just pop in and say hello to everyone is because God does not want to intimidate your free choices. Free choices are important to learning. Mankind, on the other hand works on intimidation all the time.

(quote)
Hi Bird

Actually-- I kinda like being able to choose rather than be tethered by instinct.

Don't you?

peace

Bird123

Hi Bird
Glad you are happy. :) I must've misinterpreted your statements somehow.
I do still like the Bible prophecies for my own choice, as I find them must more credible. If happiness and true peace would be a product of men simply 'learning by their mistakes', it seems that the entire earth should be in harmony and peace by now. How long do you expect it to take for everyone to get with your program?
I have to say, it doesn't look too promising from my perspective... lol
kinda like the story about the old miser and his mule--- he didn't like to buy feed for the mule, so he decided to train the mule not to eat. well, just about the time he got the muled 'trained' not to eat, what do you suppose happened to the old miser's mule?

<grin>

Can you honestly say that in the time you have been in your current physical life that You have learned nothing?? Of course not.

Learning is best when it is not rushed. Everybody learns in their lifetime. Further, there is an awful lot to learn. It could never be done in one mere lifetime. God does have an eternity of time to teach His children. When you really think about it, Heaven could only exist when those going there have learned to Love Unconditionally. Can you really say your Believers are really ready? I think not.

Don't you see? Everything about God will add up unlike those religious stories.

take care

Bird123

(quote)
Hi Bird

Actually-- I kinda like being able to choose rather than be tethered by instinct.

Don't you?

peace

Really watch those animals. There is more going on than instinct. That reminds me of a story about my Dad and a squirrel. A squirrel kept getting in my Dad's attic. My Dad set traps, baited it will all kinds of things even peanut butter. The squirrel would not be caught. My Dad tried poison. The squirrel would not eat it. My Dad brought out the Hunting club armed to the teeth. Just before world war 3 hit, the squirrel was nowhere to be found. When the troops left, the squirrel was back in the attic.

Ole Dad finally gave up. He said that squirrel was smarter than He was. After several years, my Dad finally moved out of that house. The squirrel chose not to follow Dad to his new house.

Clearly, the squirrel was making some very intelligent choices which span beyond instinct.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
One never has to give up Personal Happiness. If Happiness is no more than a choice, how can anyone make you give it up?? Helping others, at the very least should make one feel good. If it doesn't at the moment, it surely will when it returns.

I have found that some people who had lost their 'personal happiness' (even through No fault of their own) take up a worthy cause because it gives them ' helper's high ' making them feel good in exchange for their loss of personal happiness or joy.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Really watch those animals. There is more going on than instinct. That reminds me of a story about my Dad and a squirrel. A squirrel kept getting in my Dad's attic. My Dad set traps, baited it will all kinds of things even peanut butter. The squirrel would not be caught. My Dad tried poison. The squirrel would not eat it. My Dad brought out the Hunting club armed to the teeth. Just before world war 3 hit, the squirrel was nowhere to be found. When the troops left, the squirrel was back in the attic.
Ole Dad finally gave up. He said that squirrel was smarter than He was. After several years, my Dad finally moved out of that house. The squirrel chose not to follow Dad to his new house.
Clearly, the squirrel was making some very intelligent choices which span beyond instinct.

I lived for 26 years in a 1910 era brick house. Somehow squirrels were there I guess in the eaves (Not in house itself).
In the nice weather when the inner door was open the mother squirrel would bring her babies to hang on the screen door and look in showing her young who lived in side. The first time it happened I was completely taken off guard, and began to worry that something should be done. After a while I just adopted the 'live and let live' attitude and we were very happy except for one time when I came home from work and one squirrel managed to enter the basement.
After I opened the basement door he was gone with a flash, but he sure left the basement in disarray, oh, those poor flower pots ! Well, the basement needed a good cleaning anyway.

Bird123

I have found that some people who had lost their 'personal happiness' (even through No fault of their own) take up a worthy cause because it gives them ' helper's high ' making them feel good in exchange for their loss of personal happiness or joy.

As I see it, with that statement, you do not understand what happiness really is. One can only lose Happiness if one chooses to lose it. People do not lose happiness through the actions of others. People choose to give up their Happiness because they failed to control the actions of another. To base one's happiness on control is to leave one wanting much of the time. It's not Intelligent.

Bird123

I lived for 26 years in a 1910 era brick house. Somehow squirrels were there I guess in the eaves (Not in house itself).
In the nice weather when the inner door was open the mother squirrel would bring her babies to hang on the screen door and look in showing her young who lived in side. The first time it happened I was completely taken off guard, and began to worry that something should be done. After a while I just adopted the 'live and let live' attitude and we were very happy except for one time when I came home from work and one squirrel managed to enter the basement.
After I opened the basement door he was gone with a flash, but he sure left the basement in disarray, oh, those poor flower pots ! Well, the basement needed a good cleaning anyway.

Nice little story. Yes, animals really are not that different from us. We just have more knowledge thus more capabilities.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
As I see it, with that statement, you do not understand what happiness really is. One can only lose Happiness if one chooses to lose it. People do not lose happiness through the actions of others. People choose to give up their Happiness because they failed to control the actions of another. To base one's happiness on control is to leave one wanting much of the time. It's not Intelligent.

What is the difference between lose happiness or give up one's happiness.
A soldier might lose/give up (sacrifice) his personal happiness (comfort) to go into deadly combat in war.
Who has that soldier failed to control.

Bird123

What is the difference between lose happiness or give up one's happiness.
A soldier might lose/give up (sacrifice) his personal happiness (comfort) to go into deadly combat in war.
Who has that soldier failed to control.

Himself

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

But what if the soldier willingly wanted to go into combat thinking that was the greater cause.
Also, can't happiness be short lived as in the case of someone buying a new car and first being happy about it.
However, then he finds out there is a product defect with his new car, and that diminishes his personal happiness.
What about is there a difference between happiness and joy.
In Scripture joy (not happiness) is listed as second in line to love. Joy being deep within a person, an inward deep well.
That is because a person can loose a state of happiness but still be joyful under trialsome circumstances.

Bird123

But what if the soldier willingly wanted to go into combat thinking that was the greater cause.
Also, can't happiness be short lived as in the case of someone buying a new car and first being happy about it.
However, then he finds out there is a product defect with his new car, and that diminishes his personal happiness.
What about is there a difference between happiness and joy.
In Scripture joy (not happiness) is listed as second in line to love. Joy being deep within a person, an inward deep well.
That is because a person can loose a state of happiness but still be joyful under trialsome circumstances.

Don't you see? It is all about choosing. Granted people can choose happiness rather quickly when they get what they want. On the other hand, we all have the power to Choose what we value. Can not one choose to be Happy regardless of what happens around them? I know so!!!

When one looks at this world, so many see only the bad. Why do they value bad more than goodness? Why are so many Blind to the goodness that fills this world?

Adversity, problems, ignorance and evil are not more valuable than one's happiness so why make it so? They do provide a challenge which will lead to resolution. This does make everything learn and grow better, wiser, and smarter. Yes, that is worth being happy about.

Blame is a very petty thing. Mankind has valued blame since the beginning of time. How can one blame others for the thing that only each can choose?

In the end there is only one thing that matters---The Results!!

In the midst of the greatest turmoil, I will always be HAPPY!!!

Everyone has the ability to make that same choice for themselves.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
In the end there is only one thing that matters---The Results!!
In the midst of the greatest turmoil, I will always be HAPPY!!!
Everyone has the ability to make that same choice for themselves.

I am Not saying one can Not be happy under trials.
I would suppose even the haughty figurative 'goats' of Matthew 25:31-33 could make the choice to always be happy.
I would suppose in the midst of the greatest turmoil (great tribulation of Revelation 7:14) one can choose to be happy.
So, in their end result (destruction for the wicked as Psalms 92:7 says) will be what matters.
Seems to me, the humble figurative ' sheep ' will end up the happiest because they will Not be destroyed.

Bird123

I am Not saying one can Not be happy under trials.
I would suppose even the haughty figurative 'goats' of Matthew 25:31-33 could make the choice to always be happy.
I would suppose in the midst of the greatest turmoil (great tribulation of Revelation 7:14) one can choose to be happy.
So, in their end result (destruction for the wicked as Psalms 92:7 says) will be what matters.
Seems to me, the humble figurative ' sheep ' will end up the happiest because they will Not be destroyed.

Does God destroy His children or Educate His children? If you say destroy. would that not make God a Monster? If you say God is not capable of fixing a few wayward kids, would not God be too weak to even be considered God?

Would not God have mental problems destroying His kids simply because His Ego was bruised from being rejected?

No matter how you say it, destroying your kids is not a Higher Level of Intelligence. Does not God have to be Smarter than this?

The problem with all those stories written by mankind is that they do not add up. Their focus like any good story is to get you emotionally involved. Clearly there is more to God than emotions.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Does God destroy His children or Educate His children? If you say destroy. would that not make God a Monster? If you say God is not capable of fixing a few wayward kids, would not God be too weak to even be considered God?
Would not God have mental problems destroying His kids simply because His Ego was bruised from being rejected?
No matter how you say it, destroying your kids is not a Higher Level of Intelligence. Does not God have to be Smarter than this?
The problem with all those stories written by mankind is that they do not add up. Their focus like any good story is to get you emotionally involved. Clearly there is more to God than emotions.

' emotionally involved ' or as Jesus was ' educatedly involved '.
Jesus did Not preface his statements with emotions, but with recorded Scripture from the old Hebrew Scriptures.
That is why Jesus used the words," it is written..." or even " I say to you...." ( meaning from the OT )
Jesus did Not get people excited with acting out of emotion as sometimes we see TV preachers acting.
Jesus used his biblical education to teach others about God's coming kingdom government.
So, through Jesus' teachings God is making it capable to fix anyone wayward.
That is why 2 Peter 3:9 gives the choice to ' repent ' if we do Not wish to ' perish ' (be destroyed).
Noah is remembered as a ARK builder, but Noah was also a preacher according to 2 Peter 2:5.
Being a preacher of righteousness, then Noah forewarned people if they did Not give up their violent ways.
I notice No destroying of His kids according to 1 Corinthians 7:14, but parents are responsible for minor children.