• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Peace on Earth Really God's Goal????

Bird123

(quote)

Hi Bird

I understand that you reject the Bible as truth, and the God who Inspired it to be written for the benefit of all mankind seeking truth, you also reject.

And that you your choice to make. It is no 'secret' that God has provided the BOOK for any who want to find the truth of the matter.
God makes the provision for all to come to Know and understand His Purposes for the earth and humankind. He sends out his servants to search for the sheep who are sighing and groaning over the detestable things being done on the earth today.
The 'secrets' that you allude to are also not unknown to those who are taught by the God of the Bible. We are very much aware of the plethora of traps set by the Great Bird Catcher, in an attempt to prevent others from finding Bible truths that will lead them to true peace and security .

So in answer to your question, Yes, I 'see' and have been aware of for many years, of those who present themselves as god's representatives for personal gain, and I have and still do reject them outright. IN order to put on the protective armour from God, we have to be aware of who/what the enemy is. Just as Jesus revealed the truth that exposed the false religious teachers and sorcerers in his day, JW's follow His lead and His example in carrying on the same work today on a global scale.
Yes, I "see" with my eyes of discernment what you are alluding to, and while it is your choice, I reject it outright as anything beneficial to anyone, and so on this topic we must agree to disagree, imo.

take care

You do not see. Your view is corrupted by religion. If you truly Love Unconditionally, how can you have enemies?

Searching for real truth is not a matter of accepting or rejecting. It's a matter of Discovering what actually is. As I see it, your religion does not understand the Real God. Their stories and beliefs are based on who they are rather than who God actually is. Mankind can try, however God can not be confined to a box of beliefs and stories.

Bird123

(quote)

Hi Bird
sigh... Yes , I and all other JW's know the answers to those questions, and I am pretty sure that I and others may have presented those answers in our postings here. Many times, in fact. btw--we don't "fear" death at all. Because we KNOW the answers to your questions. everyone of them. We don't want to die, because we want to live forever, but if we die we know that we will live again, so why fear death? The RIP that people say when someone they know dies, means what, exactly? care to answer?

Yes, I have heard your comments that you are immortal, and will not die, that you will 'just change life forms'. You have repeated that a few times. I simply disagree with your opinion on the matter, and I believe That is the biggest and most widely used lie by Satan and his followers and people still fall for it, because it 'tickles their ears'. "if I don't admit to it, it won't happen" syndrome, imo.
well, I also don't see you jumping in front of a speeding automobile just for the fun of it, either... ha. (sarcasm, of course)

The sin of Adam brings forth death. No doubt about it. Whether a person lives again is in the hands of God, the God of the Bible, whom you are rejecting, imo.

Peace

One who discovers is one who is not following anything. It is one brave and wise enough to venture into undiscovered country to find out the Real Truth. Are you accepting and following, believing in books and stories people have promised come from God or do you discover the Real Truth for yourself? Accepting and believing is much easier than doing the work it takes for True Discovery. Do you only want easy?

You Question far too little to be one who discovers.

I think your god is way too weak to be the Real God. After all, your god can't even handle a few wayward kids. Further, Like mankind, your god must resort to destroying that which he can not fix. Your god has wrath, anger, hate, blaming, condemning, intimidating and attempt to coerce people.

You say your god is love, but that is not true. You describe your god as love but only with conditions.

As one looks around the universe and this world, it's easy to see that God has to be really really smart. If I see your god making some really bad choices, how could he ever be God? God has to be Smarter and at a Higher Level than those stories you tell. As I see it, it's not a matter of accepting or rejecting. Your stories simply are not true. I have witness people get hurt by them.

Bird123

(quote)

Hi Bird
I regret that you do not recognize the Inspired Writings from God as truthful. Yet, I disagree with you , as I do believe the Bible to be from God, and Truthful. Your opinion is simply that. Your opinion. And you are welcomed to it. Many do not hold with spiritism or sorcery , or persons that teach things opposite to what the Bible says. Like "Ahraham Hicks" for example. oh, yes, I know about such ones. Have spoken in depth with some who went on stage in the 'show' they put on . Reincarnation is a lie. To put it bluntly.
I have only lived one life, many experiences, in this one life, I admit but in all reality, it is the one and only life that I have experienced, and there has been no other lives. That is quite the stretch of your imagination to suggest otherwise, my friend.

Facts show that many people have 'come out of' the false doctrines of Babylon the great in astounding numbers in recent years, and have accepted the Bible as a 'guidebook' from God, and a means by which we learn to lead better , more peaceful and productive as well as happier lives.

The Bible accurately stated, as a quote from God Almighty, "from dust you are and to dust you will return'. Applicable to all humans born from Adam.
Only thru exercising faith in the Ransom Sacrifice by Jesus, God's Perfect, Sinless human Son, can altar the death penalty by a resurrection to life again
Regardless of whether you believe it or not, it will certainly come to pass just as written.

I would hope that you might change your mind, and look further into the things you are now rejecting, as I have a firm belief in the words I say to you. But if your choice is not to do so, and to stick with your present beliefs, so be it. God forces no one to learn about him or serve him. The present situation in the world around us today is glaring evidence of that fact.

peace

I do not recognize the Inspired Writing of God as truthful simply because God did not inspire any writings.

I realize you are so wrapped up in that box of beliefs that you can not consider anything else. Sad. Let me tell you where my journey to Discovery started.

I was raised on the Bible just as you. As I became an adult, I realized that so much of the bible did not add up. One as Smart as God has to add up completely or it is not God.

The reason holy books do not add up is because they are all creations of Mankind. I had to figure a way to discover what the actually truth was instead of blindly following beliefs

My journey to Discovery started with the idea one can find out about someone simply by watching and understanding their actions. I started with the idea I wanted to Discover what actually was whether or not I liked or agreed with the truth. I was even open to the possibility that God does not exist. Whatever actually was I was going to Discover.

In this Time-based causal universe God's actions can be seen. These actions can not be altered by mankind such as in books and writings. Consider, when one understands God's actions and why things are done the way they are, will not one Discover God? Just like in all roads to Discovery, one door leads to another. Accumulated knowledge adds to understanding then leads to more possibilities for Discovery. AS I see it, this is the only way to the Real Truth. I have found few people really want the truth, however it is the only path for me. I will not deal or value Beliefs especially if they turn out to not be the Real Truth.

Real Discovery takes WORK! That's is with learning of all kinds not just about God. It is never served up for us to accept or reject unless they want something from you.

Daisies4me

You do not see. Your view is corrupted by religion. If you truly Love Unconditionally, how can you have enemies?

Searching for real truth is not a matter of accepting or rejecting. It's a matter of Discovering what actually is. As I see it, your religion does not understand the Real God. Their stories and beliefs are based on who they are rather than who God actually is. Mankind can try, however God can not be confined to a box of beliefs and stories.

(quote)

Hi Bird

If you are searching for gold, most would think that you know what gold is, before you begin your search, right?

along the way, you find much fake gold, not sure if it is or is not the real thing. so what do you do? No doubt you put it to the test, and through several methods, you can then find if it is fool's gold, or the real thing.

Similar to searching out the 'True God'. Put it to the test. The entire Bible is about God. What His purposes are, what has happened both pro and con to those throughout the ages that have searched for Him, and the results of their searching. Each example teaches us about God and the lessons can be learned without having to face each trial ourselves. We can learn from Biblical examples from the past. It is the ones who do not know God that make trouble for those who strive to obey God and keep peace.

All things were written down aforetime, to benefit those alive on earth today, as a 'road map' , so we don't have to personally experience all of the things that unbelievers will, in order to discern the meaning of what God is saying to those who search for HIm. And , what the outcome will be for all.

You say that I cannot know god? Please explain who your god is? and how and where you found him? and how you think your god to be a true god? Please, do explain....

The 'enemies of God' will not survive much longer. worldwide, we speak with persons in all 'nations, tribes and tongues' as peacemakers helping others to turn away from the things of Satan, and becoming peace seekers as well.
We are not ignorant of satan's designs. But those who don't "see" It would seem to me to be in great danger, due to being under the control of the wicked one who is the 'father of the lie'. Anyone who rejects the True God is in a perilous place in the event that it is Jehovah's earth, and He will do as He has prophesied to do, and the timing for the cleansing of the earth of all who turn their backs to Him and refuse to live in harmony with the true peace He has assigned to all the earth is now, imo. you will see a Great Tribulation that is coming upon the entire earth soon. Psalm 37:29 Proverbs 2:21-22

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Don't you see these are nothing but Stories. It isn't about Blaming,Sinning, Condemning, Punishing, Intimidating, Saving or freeing you from all your troubles. That is not what this world is all about.

Right, I can agree that this is not what this world is all about. I'm Not dwelling on this world system but a new system.
I find Scripture is teaching us that mankind 'will be' freed from: death
Jesus will destroy enemy death according to 1 Corinthians 15:26.
I think because God wants us to repent so as Not to perish (be destroyed) is why we are told in advance to repent if we want to be part of a future new system because that coming righteous world is going to be permanent.
Repenting to me is Not about blaming, sinning, condemning, punishing, intimidating, etc., but it is about saving
(delivering/ rescuing) us alive through the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14 before that coming new world of righteousness is set up for us.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Don't you Understand? Bad choices are a part of the learning process. God never punishes people for their bad choices. God simply teaches you what your choice really was then let's you discover what the best choice really is.

I can agree that bad choices are part of the learning process, like trial and error.
I also think we don't always have to learn for the school of hard knocks because applying Bible standards helps us avoid learning the hard way. It is Not God punishing us, but rather we reap what we sow.
Sow good ( sow spiritual goodness as mentioned at Galatians 5:22-23 ) and we will reap good.
This is far out, but I think most people would Not try to rob a store or a bank just to discover the outcome.
So to me, applying Bible principles and standards always works out, in the long run, in what is best for us.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
As I see it, there is no delay between death and seeing God. Further, the only one who is going to judge you is Yourself.

Seems to me most people think they are immortal and think there is No delay between death and seeing God, thus No need for a resurrection, after all, the living do Not need a resurrection.

To me, there is a delay because the ' future tense ' is used at John 5:28 that the ' hour ' is coming........
' is coming ' indicates to me ' future tense ' as is also used at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection....... Also, were are those 'tombs' located, surely No tombs in Heaven but on Earth.

I find at Matthew 25:31-33,37 that Jesus is Judge. Impartial Judge ( Not judging by appearance according to Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16 )

True, the Bible does teach there are those who will have a first or earlier resurrection as found at Revelation 20:6,
but the majority of people will Not be resurrected back to life until Jesus begins his 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth.

Bird123

(quote)

Hi Bird

If you are searching for gold, most would think that you know what gold is, before you begin your search, right?

along the way, you find much fake gold, not sure if it is or is not the real thing. so what do you do? No doubt you put it to the test, and through several methods, you can then find if it is fool's gold, or the real thing.

Similar to searching out the 'True God'. Put it to the test. The entire Bible is about God. What His purposes are, what has happened both pro and con to those throughout the ages that have searched for Him, and the results of their searching. Each example teaches us about God and the lessons can be learned without having to face each trial ourselves. We can learn from Biblical examples from the past. It is the ones who do not know God that make trouble for those who strive to obey God and keep peace.

All things were written down aforetime, to benefit those alive on earth today, as a 'road map' , so we don't have to personally experience all of the things that unbelievers will, in order to discern the meaning of what God is saying to those who search for HIm. And , what the outcome will be for all.

You say that I cannot know god? Please explain who your god is? and how and where you found him? and how you think your god to be a true god? Please, do explain....

The 'enemies of God' will not survive much longer. worldwide, we speak with persons in all 'nations, tribes and tongues' as peacemakers helping others to turn away from the things of Satan, and becoming peace seekers as well.
We are not ignorant of satan's designs. But those who don't "see" It would seem to me to be in great danger, due to being under the control of the wicked one who is the 'father of the lie'. Anyone who rejects the True God is in a perilous place in the event that it is Jehovah's earth, and He will do as He has prophesied to do, and the timing for the cleansing of the earth of all who turn their backs to Him and refuse to live in harmony with the true peace He has assigned to all the earth is now, imo. you will see a Great Tribulation that is coming upon the entire earth soon. Psalm 37:29 Proverbs 2:21-22

As I see it, you live in a corrupted view that your religion has created to control you through your Fear. This gives you the excuse to Hate, Blame, Condemn, Want to Punish and Control others. Is this really God?

God is Unconditional Love. GOD HAS NO ENEMIES!!!!

Many parents attempt to control their children's actions through pain or fear. My answer is the same as God's actions. A Parent must out think their children and not teach them that the way is to control others is by hurting them or through Fear.

Your corrupted view sees everything as bad. You are blind to people doing wonderful things.

You make a lot of assumptions that are not true. You assume even though your holy book is written by mankind, that it comes from God. You assume most people are bad or evil. You assume God is unable or unwilling to fix His children. You assume God is angry ,hates, blames, judges and condemns. You assume there is a fight or war over all this. You assume it is all about good verses evil.

Based on all those beliefs, you are attempting to create a reality that is not real. How do I know this? If you ASK the questions, you discover that it doesn't add up. When science finds evidence against the stories, don't you ignore them in favor of Beliefs? You do not really want reality but did you know that Reality is Better?

AS I see it, God should not be a Belief so in order to make that a reality, I would say you are going to have to do more than blindly follow others. Why do you think God needs a middleman?

As with all knowledge including that about God, Discovery takes work. Above all else, it takes Intelligence. Perhaps everything is a Test of Intelligence. I know you are well able to accept, follow,memorize and recite, but What are you able to really Discover without anyone else? You are more capable than you realize.

God has the sum of all knowledge. If one is truly on a journey to Discovery, can the Journey really ever end? I think not for there is always something new to Discover.

AS I see it, it is important to make our own free choices. My advice has always been: Be who you must! It's a part of the Plan! Listen to the advice of others but walk your own Path! Life's Lessons are best learned that way?

My final Question for you. Are you walking your own Path? Maybe not.

If you are, as I see it, you have much to learn especially about the petty things mankind holds so dear. On the other hand, Life is about Learning and Growing as People.

I

Bird123

Right, I can agree that this is not what this world is all about. I'm Not dwelling on this world system but a new system.
I find Scripture is teaching us that mankind 'will be' freed from: death
Jesus will destroy enemy death according to 1 Corinthians 15:26.
I think because God wants us to repent so as Not to perish (be destroyed) is why we are told in advance to repent if we want to be part of a future new system because that coming righteous world is going to be permanent.
Repenting to me is Not about blaming, sinning, condemning, punishing, intimidating, etc., but it is about saving
(delivering/ rescuing) us alive through the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14 before that coming new world of righteousness is set up for us.

Death is not an enemy. Death is no more than a change.

Does repenting or asking forgiveness really matter? It only serves to make feelings feel better. Aren't results the only thing that really matters?

AS I see it, no one is coming down to Earth to make it a Heaven on Earth. The Classroom is operating just as it is supposed to do. Why would anyone want to change a Masterpiece?

AS I see it, one must be very careful listening to all those religious stories. If one is not careful, one could find themselves hating others wishing God would come down and destroy them. Hate in any form is something no one wants to return to them.

Bird123

I can agree that bad choices are part of the learning process, like trial and error.
I also think we don't always have to learn for the school of hard knocks because applying Bible standards helps us avoid learning the hard way. It is Not God punishing us, but rather we reap what we sow.
Sow good ( sow spiritual goodness as mentioned at Galatians 5:22-23 ) and we will reap good.
This is far out, but I think most people would Not try to rob a store or a bank just to discover the outcome.
So to me, applying Bible principles and standards always works out, in the long run, in what is best for us.

Now I can agree there is some goodness in the bible. How can one argue about Love? As I see it, one must be very careful to filter out mankind's part.

Yes, it would be easy if people could learn just by being told, however that is not reality for so many. Living those Lessons, as I see it, is the only way to really teach them.

Bird123

Seems to me most people think they are immortal and think there is No delay between death and seeing God, thus No need for a resurrection, after all, the living do Not need a resurrection.

To me, there is a delay because the ' future tense ' is used at John 5:28 that the ' hour ' is coming........
' is coming ' indicates to me ' future tense ' as is also used at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection....... Also, were are those 'tombs' located, surely No tombs in Heaven but on Earth.

I find at Matthew 25:31-33,37 that Jesus is Judge. Impartial Judge ( Not judging by appearance according to Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16 )

True, the Bible does teach there are those who will have a first or earlier resurrection as found at Revelation 20:6,
but the majority of people will Not be resurrected back to life until Jesus begins his 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth.

We are Spiritual beings in our true natures. I have direct experience to this. You might not understand this but you can not equate the parameters of the physical world onto the spiritual. Once free from the physical body which confines us to this physical world and all it's physical laws, time does not exist.

Daisies4me

As I see it, you live in a corrupted view that your religion has created to control you through your Fear. This gives you the excuse to Hate, Blame, Condemn, Want to Punish and Control others. Is this really God?

Many parents attempt to control their children's actions through pain or fear. My answer is the same as God's actions. A Parent must out think their children and not teach them that the way is to control others is by hurting them or through Fear.

Your corrupted view sees everything as bad. You are blind to people doing wonderful things.

You make a lot of assumptions that are not true. You assume even though your holy book is written by mankind, that it comes from God. You assume most people are bad or evil. You assume God is unable or unwilling to fix His children. You assume God is angry ,hates, blames, judges and condemns. You assume there is a fight or war over all this. You assume it is all about good verses evil.

Based on all those beliefs, you are attempting to create a reality that is not real. How do I know this? If you ASK the questions, you discover that it doesn't add up. When science finds evidence against the stories, don't you ignore them in favor of Beliefs? You do not really want reality but did you know that Reality is Better?

AS I see it, God should not be a Belief so in order to make that a reality, I would say you are going to have to do more than blindly follow others. Why do you think God needs a middleman?

As with all knowledge including that about God, Discovery takes work. Above all else, it takes Intelligence. Perhaps everything is a Test of Intelligence. I know you are well able to accept, follow,memorize and recite, but What are you able to really Discover without anyone else? You are more capable than you realize.

God has the sum of all knowledge. If one is truly on a journey to Discovery, can the Journey really ever end? I think not for there is always something new to Discover.

AS I see it, it is important to make our own free choices. My advice has always been: Be who you must! It's a part of the Plan! Listen to the advice of others but walk your own Path! Life's Lessons are best learned that way?

If you are, as I see it, you have much to learn especially about the petty things mankind holds so dear. On the other hand, Life is about Learning and Growing as People.

I
(quote)
Hi Bird

I am not at all sure where you get the idea that those of us who hold Bible teachings dear to our hearts, are not happy. (?) I certainly am walking in the path that I have chosen for myself, (after trying many other options first, I might add) albeit it not a popular one, as you attest to--- From your post, I fear that all of my words to you have fallen on deaf ears, as the things you are describing are not at all in my realm. Nor anything that I have conveyed to you. It seems like what I have posted has not been read or considered at all. As I said to you previously, if what you say is true about my faith, then I certainly wouldn't be a participant. However, in my search, I have found nothing better. If you have something better to offer, please share it.

Guess you didn't see the promises of better times ahead, no more sickness, no more death, no more wars, no more homelessness, no more prejudices, no more enemies , everyone humbly respecting each other according to the 'golden rule', etc., etc., The hope of living in physical, mental and spiritual perfection in an environment inhabited by like minded persons seeking true peace forever, certainly doesn't strike me as "seeing everything bad" as you suggest. We enjoy the differences among us, and learn from each other, as we are an international group of all races and language groups. Where else on earth will you find such an organization?

Why does this projected future in paradise forever get you so riled up, if I may ask?
If you had a roadmap to show all of mankind how to find such a place and experience those conditions, surely you would want to share it with others, wouldn't you?

peace to you

Daisies4me

I
(quote)

Hi Bird

God doesn't force anyone to obey Him. We have talked about that many times. Just as Adam was free to go against God's commandment. God didn't prevent Adam from sinning, but God also did not prevent Adam from having to face the consequences of his wilful act of rebellion.

That is how death entered into the world. Thru Adam, and the sin that Adam committed. By the way, there is no record of Adam 'repenting', but rather, tried to pass the buck on Eve, who was deceived.

What is your definition of death? Being raised in the country, I saw animals die, many run over on the highways out on country roads, and if you pass by some time later, you would see the dead carcass was being eaten by vultures.
Did the animal who scampered under the wheels of a speeding vehicle die?

How would you explain death?

(in my experience in life, having buried some very close family members, which is something that I hope you never have to do) is that death is the opposite of life.

if the animal carcass remained in any fashion , it would eventually return to dust that would blow away in the wind.

What is your take on this?

Please help me to understand your view on the matter.
thanks

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
We are Spiritual beings in our true natures. I have direct experience to this. You might not understand this but you can not equate the parameters of the physical world onto the spiritual. Once free from the physical body which confines us to this physical world and all it's physical laws, time does not exist.

I like how you say we are 'Spiritual beings in our true natures' . I don't understand your direct experience, but I find that according to Galatians 5:22-23 we are purposed to be ' spiritual beings in our true nature ' in that we can cultivate the fruit of God's spirit (spiritual qualities) in our physical selves. So, Not saying we are spirit persons as angels are spirit persons with spirit bodies, but physical bodies who can develop or cultivate a spiritual life style.
( Angels never had physical bodies, and faithful angels are still spiritual beings or persons with a spiritual life style )

In Scripture, physical Adam started out as a 'spiritual person in his true nature' leaning only toward righteousness.
By breaking, Not physical laws, but God's Law, then Adam made a spiritual mistake by breaking away from a spiritual course or spiritual life style. Adam remained in a physical body never changing to another body form.

Since Psalms 90:2 mentions God is from everlasting ( No counting of time needed ) then to me in that sense the counting of time does Not need to influence the future time of everlasting life on a beautiful paradisical Earth.
As angels inhabit the invisible heavens in their spirit (invisible to us) bodies, physical creation (us) can inhabit or inherit the material Earth in perfectly happy-and-healthy physical bodies forever and ever.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Now I can agree there is some goodness in the bible. How can one argue about Love? As I see it, one must be very careful to filter out mankind's part.
Yes, it would be easy if people could learn just by being told, however that is not reality for so many. Living those Lessons, as I see it, is the only way to really teach them.

How about ' filter out ' mankind's 'bad' part. Filter out Not the Golden Rule, but filter out spiritual mistakes.
Businesses place high value on paid consultants who are brought in to help teach. Bible help is free.
Even ever-changing self-help books have 1,000's of answers to questions. To me, often printed to make $$$$ by telling people what they want to hear, ' tickle their ears ', so to speak.
Whereas, I find the timeless, un-changing principles about practical advice lessons as found in Scripture is that all one has to do is listen, accept and apply in order to be wise enough to have the best possible outcome for a peace-filled life.
For example: I find loose morals which are contrary to Bible principles do Not contribute to a peaceful life style.

People often suffer because they follow the selfish distorted form of love described at 2 Timothy 3:1-5,13.
That creates conflicts by treating others in the same 'bad' way, whereas the Golden Rule is More than just do Not do bad to others, but honestly respect others. The Golden Rule is 24 karat gold, meaning pure and refined in dealing with others.
The way one deals with others is basically the same as dealing with God.
I find Jesus gave us the best formula at Matthew 5:23-25 to make peace with others.
Feelings of hate can be death dealing and Not of peace, but filled with pride, or a wrong prideful attitude.
Relying on Bible principles might Not remove problems, but it gives us the peace to cope with them.

Last edited:

Bird123

(quote)
Hi Bird

I am not at all sure where you get the idea that those of us who hold Bible teachings dear to our hearts, are not happy. (?) I certainly am walking in the path that I have chosen for myself, (after trying many other options first, I might add) albeit it not a popular one, as you attest to--- From your post, I fear that all of my words to you have fallen on deaf ears, as the things you are describing are not at all in my realm. Nor anything that I have conveyed to you. It seems like what I have posted has not been read or considered at all. As I said to you previously, if what you say is true about my faith, then I certainly wouldn't be a participant. However, in my search, I have found nothing better. If you have something better to offer, please share it.

Guess you didn't see the promises of better times ahead, no more sickness, no more death, no more wars, no more homelessness, no more prejudices, no more enemies , everyone humbly respecting each other according to the 'golden rule', etc., etc., The hope of living in physical, mental and spiritual perfection in an environment inhabited by like minded persons seeking true peace forever, certainly doesn't strike me as "seeing everything bad" as you suggest. We enjoy the differences among us, and learn from each other, as we are an international group of all races and language groups. Where else on earth will you find such an organization?

Why does this projected future in paradise forever get you so riled up, if I may ask?
If you had a roadmap to show all of mankind how to find such a place and experience those conditions, surely you would want to share it with others, wouldn't you?

peace to you

You do not Understand. As I see it, it is about the Real Truth. I will not live in a Realm of Stories regardless of the promises. As for Happiness, Everyone can be Happy when they understand what Happiness really is. Happiness is no more than a Choice.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe I pointed to a direction where I think Everyone can Discover the Real Truth for themselves. On the other hand some like creating their world within stories and beliefs. If you are one of these, have fun.

Oh, never think I am angry or riled. I'm one of those always Happy People. Lots of Love and Kindness, My Friend.

Bird123

(quote)

Hi Bird

God doesn't force anyone to obey Him. We have talked about that many times. Just as Adam was free to go against God's commandment. God didn't prevent Adam from sinning, but God also did not prevent Adam from having to face the consequences of his wilful act of rebellion.

That is how death entered into the world. Thru Adam, and the sin that Adam committed. By the way, there is no record of Adam 'repenting', but rather, tried to pass the buck on Eve, who was deceived.

What is your definition of death? Being raised in the country, I saw animals die, many run over on the highways out on country roads, and if you pass by some time later, you would see the dead carcass was being eaten by vultures.
Did the animal who scampered under the wheels of a speeding vehicle die?

How would you explain death?

(in my experience in life, having buried some very close family members, which is something that I hope you never have to do) is that death is the opposite of life.

if the animal carcass remained in any fashion , it would eventually return to dust that would blow away in the wind.

What is your take on this?

Please help me to understand your view on the matter.
thanks

AS I see it, We are all Spiritual beings in our true natures. Our physical bodies are no more than our transportation in this world. When your car is wrecked beyond operation, you move on.

Aren't animals the same as people only people have more capabilities and knowledge? As I see it, God has many children learning and advancing forward including animals. It's only mankind's Ego that tells them that animals are lower.

When one has done all they are supposed to do, death shows up to move the student forward.

oh, you say you are not forced to obey yet can you say fear is not a weapon when you will fry or die forever if you don't comply? As I see it, one of the reasons the Real God doesn't just pop in and say hello to everyone is because God does not want to intimidate your free choices. Free choices are important to learning. Mankind, on the other hand works on intimidation all the time.

Bird123

I like how you say we are 'Spiritual beings in our true natures' . I don't understand your direct experience, but I find that according to Galatians 5:22-23 we are purposed to be ' spiritual beings in our true nature ' in that we can cultivate the fruit of God's spirit (spiritual qualities) in our physical selves. So, Not saying we are spirit persons as angels are spirit persons with spirit bodies, but physical bodies who can develop or cultivate a spiritual life style.
( Angels never had physical bodies, and faithful angels are still spiritual beings or persons with a spiritual life style )

In Scripture, physical Adam started out as a 'spiritual person in his true nature' leaning only toward righteousness.
By breaking, Not physical laws, but God's Law, then Adam made a spiritual mistake by breaking away from a spiritual course or spiritual life style. Adam remained in a physical body never changing to another body form.

Since Psalms 90:2 mentions God is from everlasting ( No counting of time needed ) then to me in that sense the counting of time does Not need to influence the future time of everlasting life on a beautiful paradisical Earth.
As angels inhabit the invisible heavens in their spirit (invisible to us) bodies, physical creation (us) can inhabit or inherit the material Earth in perfectly happy-and-healthy physical bodies forever and ever.

AS I see it, this physical world exists because it's time-based causal nature is perfect for learning. When all the lessons are learned, one will no longer need or want the restrictions a physical body supplies.

Bird123

How about ' filter out ' mankind's 'bad' part. Filter out Not the Golden Rule, but filter out spiritual mistakes.
Businesses place high value on paid consultants who are brought in to help teach. Bible help is free.
Even ever-changing self-help books have 1,000's of answers to questions. To me, often printed to make $$$$ by telling people what they want to hear, ' tickle their ears ', so to speak.
Whereas, I find the timeless, un-changing principles about practical advice lessons as found in Scripture is that all one has to do is listen, accept and apply in order to be wise enough to have the best possible outcome for a peace-filled life.
For example: I find loose morals which are contrary to Bible principles do Not contribute to a peaceful life style.

People often suffer because they follow the selfish distorted form of love described at 2 Timothy 3:1-5,13.
That creates conflicts by treating others in the same 'bad' way, whereas the Golden Rule is More than just do Not do bad to others, but honestly respect others. The Golden Rule is 24 karat gold, meaning pure and refined in dealing with others.
The way one deals with others is basically the same as dealing with God.
I find Jesus gave us the best formula at Matthew 5:23-25 to make peace with others.
Feelings of hate can be death dealing and Not of peace, but filled with pride, or a wrong prideful attitude.
Relying on Bible principles might Not remove problems, but it gives us the peace to cope with them.

Yes, do not filter out the Golden Rule. As I see it, it is a very Big mistake to listen, accept, and apply. Throughout life, THINKING IS REQUIRED!!!

When one is a Teacher, one must be very careful they are teaching what they think they are teaching. The lessons one needs to learn can carry to the student to learn as well.

Finally, as I see it, a person is to become more than the sum of their teachings. It's one of the reasons that THINKING IS REQUIRED!!!

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
AS I see it, this physical world exists because it's time-based causal nature is perfect for learning. When all the lessons are learned, one will no longer need or want the restrictions a physical body supplies.

I think many might feel that the physical body is a restriction, but we do Not know what having a perfectly healthy physical body of sound heart and mind is like. We only know our imperfect bodies.

Adam was Not offered a time-based nature. Earth was Not a 'stepping stone' for Adam to another realm.
Adam was designed to live forever on Earth in perfect health as long as he did Not break God's Law.
Mortal Adam was offered perfectly healthy everlasting life on Earth if he wanted to keep God's Law.
At death law-breaker Adam simply ' returned ' to where he started the dust of the ground according to Genesis 3:19.
A person can Not ' return ' to a place he never was before. Adam went from non-life, to life, and returned to non-life.
So, to me, as far as Scripture goes, mankind can have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection back to life on Earth starting with Jesus' coming 1,000-year reign over Earth when the humble meek will inherit the Earth as Jesus' said.