• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Peace on Earth Really God's Goal????

Bird123

(quote)

Hi Bird
you said: So what you are saying is that God will warn you but then God will let you go over the cliff.
--------

No, I didn't say that. But since you present it that way, let's do a hypothetical--- I presume that you are an adult, and able to make the hard decisions of life for yourself. Right?
And you are not a preprogrammed robot, right?
You have decided for yourself what you choose to do or not do for a while now, haven't you>
If you wanted to go bungie jumping, did God jump in and stop you because it was dangerous, and you could be harmed by it? No.
If you wanted to race cars at almost 200 mph, did God try to stop you? Why not? No doubt some have died doing that--- why would God allow you to do such a dangerous thing?
If God sent someone to you to tell you that you should not by any means, take such a life threatening position as to reject the God of the Bible, because He alone has 'the sayings of life', and if mankind rejects Him as Sovereign Ruler, and thumbs their noses at His instructions, they will lose the privilege to continue to live on His earth, Why should you find such a warning offensive?
you are, after all, your own boss, and able to choose for yourself, right? So why should God FORCE you, against your will, to do the reasonable thing, and listen to the instructions that lead to your continued life? So if you CHOOSE not to read the road map, who is to blame if you drive off a cliff?

You get the picture..... smile

take care

AS I see it, we are all Spiritual beings in our true natures. I have direct experience to this. We are already eternal. Death of a physical body is no more than a change. God has fixed it ahead of time. On the other hand, you are talking about killing our existence then justifying that because you were warned. That is not a Higher Level. That smells of mankind who wants to control, condemn and punish. They want the power.

Could you as God fry the kids or even kill the existence of your kids for any reason??? The Higher Level is to do what it takes to Fix the problem and that is what God is doing in this world.

Your religion values Blame. Hey, God's not to Blame. He warned you. Do you even Hear THIS???? Can you not see???

Bird123

(Quote)

Hi again, Bird

I wonder if you are aware of the Scripture at Matthew 24:13-14. Those who follow the Bible have been aware of the prophecy for a very long time. And it has been being carried out to a degree that most people are not aware of. We are, after all, a Bible publishing Society.
Not hiding our light under a basket, but taking the information to the ends of the earth in almost all languages and bringing the Bible to people of over 240 lands. The magnitude of the work goes unnoticed by many, as we do not blow a horn ahead of ourselves, as the work is not ours, we are only the workers doing the work of the King of God's Kingdom.
You may choose to look up the 2016 service year reports of Jehovah's Witnesses.
Then think about that prophecy at matthew 24:13-14 again.

Eye opening for many.

take care

I think you missed the point. The point was not how hard you are working to get your holy book out. The point is it is not God's purpose. It is mankind's. As I see it, God's system which has been running since the first day has no need of holy books. That is why the information was not implanted from birth.

You might not realize this but God does not Intimidate people. Learning comes through living the lesson, making free and unintimidated choices. On the other hand, mankind is practiced at intimidation. That's how I see it.

Daisies4me

The other things are the petty things mankind holds so dear like Blaming, Hating, Judging, Condemning, Punishing, Coercing, Intimidating, and even teaching people they are flawed from birth. God is above all this and does not do them. I won't mention about what they say God does with his kids. As I see it, Any Being who would create Hell knowing someone would actually go there is a monster.
(quote)

Hi Bird
I can understand and agree with you, that IF, (as some people blame God for all sorts of things), The Creator was actually guilty of such, then I could not 'go along' with it, either.
The God of the Bible that I have come to know, is not as many so-called 'Christian' denominations present him to be. I also left 'churches' who taught such atrocities as a literal 'hell fire', or place of everlasting torture to humans.
couple of things wrong with that teaching right up front: When people die, they cannot feel anything. They are DEAD. If they took time to look in the Bible at Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10, an Psalms 146:3-4, among other scriptures, they would find that is not at all possible.
Second,Almighty God is a God of Love. Love being his dominant quality, so much so that he even allowed the kind of people who blame God for such atrocities, to actually murder His only begotten Son, in order to open the door to a resurrection for all mankind affected by the sin of Adam, or 'the adamic sin', which causes all of mankind to die.

God's law is perfect. He Himself does not go outside of the Law of the Universe, so He set about making a way to save mankind at great distress to Himself. He sets the standard of perfection, which in the imperfect sinful state, mankind cannot uphold perfectly. But thru the merits of the blood sacrifice for sin of His perfect, sinless human son, Jesus, the 'ransom' could be paid.

God did not make Adam sin. Adam was not deceived, Adam sinned purposely out of his own desire to do so. If you want to be angry at someone, be angry at Adam and the Tempter, Satan, who talked Adam into rebelling against God's Perfect law.
Be thankful to God Almighty and Jesus, His only begotten son, suffered in order to correct in time, the great harm done to all of mankind by Adam at the urging of Satan. Adam could have told Satan to stuff it, and not sinned. But he obviously, did not. He was a deliberately selfish egotistical person who did not appreciate the life God had given to him. Satan has always been out for world domination, he got jealous because God intended for Jesus to rule over the world we live in, because he, Satan, wanted that for himself. Look at the history of oppressive governments attempting to bring a 'one world government' under their control, as recently as Hitler, et. al. all such ones will soon face the fulfillment of Daniel 2:44.

Those who blame God are the same ones who back oppressive governments and those who want to 'rule the world' and get rid of any opposition by anyone who believes in and does their best to obey the Life-Giver, who will not forevermore allow His Name and reputation to be dragged thru the mud with such false notions as you speak to. He has set a time limit for Satan to try to prove his challenge made to God that he could rule over mankind better than God can..Unfortunately, many church leaders do teach and promote the lies you speak to, and foster the attitudes and hate for the God of the Bible, the Creator and Life Giver, sadly.

I pray that you find the answers you seek.

peace

Last edited:

Daisies4me

The other things are the petty things mankind holds so dear like Blaming, Hating, Judging, Condemning, Punishing, Coercing, Intimidating, and even teaching people they are flawed from birth. God is above all this and does not do them. I won't mention about what they say God does with his kids. As I see it, Any Being who would create Hell knowing someone would actually go there is a monster.

(quote)

Hi Bird
just an addition to what was already mentioned--- do you think that anyone had to tell children or any other humans, that death was their eventuality? Even if no one ever mentioned the God of the Bible, everyone knew about death. But did they know WHY they were under a death sentence?
Did they also know that God made a provision to take away the death sentence ?
Not if no one ever spoke about the God of Abraham, the Bible, or what it says, they would still have to tell their kids about death, no? Don't atheists die? Do Agnostics die? Do Muslims die? Or any and all other 'faiths', aren't they all aware that they will die?
What they do not know, however, is WHY they die, and what hope they have of being brought back to life again at the appointed time , or 'resurrection day'.

peace

Last edited:

Daisies4me

AS I see it, we are all Spiritual beings in our true natures. I have direct experience to this. We are already eternal. Death of a physical body is no more than a change. God has fixed it ahead of time. On the other hand, you are talking about killing our existence then justifying that because you were warned. That is not a Higher Level. That smells of mankind who wants to control, condemn and punish. They want the power.

Could you as God fry the kids or even kill the existence of your kids for any reason??? The Higher Level is to do what it takes to Fix the problem and that is what God is doing in this world.

Your religion values Blame. Hey, God's not to Blame. He warned you. Do you even Hear THIS???? Can you not see???

(quote)
Hi again, Bird

I understand that some people tell 'feel good' stories about being 'immortal'. Why, even the majority of Christendom teaches such a Lie, when the opposite is true according to the Bible.
Mankind has not ever lived anywhere other than on the earth, from which they were created. "from dust you are, and to dust you will return" is the famous statement so many deny as fact.
God first created the earth, and THEN mankind 'for the earth' to reside upon it and be the caretaker of the animals and fill the earth with perfect offspring who would all worship the One True God in unity, having no divisions among them, and in peace.
Mankind was created 'lower than angels', and humans cannot enter into the heavenly realm of God.
When humans die, they do not turn into angels and enter the heavenly realm. They go to the grave, and are conscious on nothing at all, until the 'Resurrection day' of al mankind.
The falsehoods that are taught people are so wrong. It slanders my God, and it deceives many people , to their detriment, if they don't search for truths and not believe every lie that comes down the pike.

take care

Daisies4me

I think you missed the point. The point was not how hard you are working to get your holy book out. The point is it is not God's purpose. It is mankind's. As I see it, God's system which has been running since the first day has no need of holy books. That is why the information was not implanted from birth.

You might not realize this but God does not Intimidate people. Learning comes through living the lesson, making free and unintimidated choices. On the other hand, mankind is practiced at intimidation. That's how I see it.

(quote)

hi Bird
sigh...looks like you didn't read the passage so you have no idea of the point that was being made. Matthew 24:13-14 tells us God's purpose for the very near future.
Here it is in the context in which it was written: Jesus prophesying what was to happen as a 'sign' that people could recognize that would let them know that the end of the rulership of the world that is now, would not be any longer, and thereafter, His Kingdom would begin ruling over the earth. The Sovereignty of the earth, and God's Theocratic rulership as the remedy for all of the problems on earth, is the main theme of the Bible.

Matthew 24:3, "While he was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence* and of the conclusion of the system of things?”*
4 In answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads you,
5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many.
6 You are going to hear of wars and reports of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for these things must take place, but the end is not yet.
7 “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another.
8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.
9 “Then people will hand you over to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be hated by all the nations on account of my name.
10 Then, too, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another.
11 Many false prophets will arise and mislead many;
12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness, the love of the greater number will grow cold.
13 But the one who has endured to the end will be saved. 14 And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

So contrary to some popular beliefs, 'Holy Scriptures" were written down aforetime for our benefit, as a 'guidebook' to help us navigate the things that were to come upon the earth , and a roadmap of sorts, for people to be able to survive the harsh conditions brought upon the earth by the arch-enemy of God Almighty and the people who obey His commandments and seek a life in true peace and security, where there will be no more sickness, death, or harm to any living thing. that is the Biblical promise.

thanks for allowing me to explain the Bible's viewpoint that many have no idea about. If they refuse it after knowing the truth, that is their choice. But not knowing puts one at a disadvantage, which is why such a global effort is being made to inform all of the true facts, if they are interested in learning about it. Volunteers, I might add... not a paid clergy. Just volunteer workers who want to see all learn how to save themselves from the clutches of the evil one.

peace

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
What about the people today who have never seen your bible? What about all those people before your religion was even invented? Seems you live in a closed view.

Good thinking questions ^ above ^, wish more people had such good inquiring minds that want to know.

In nut shell, the old Hebrew Scriptures were written for only one ancient nation, the old nation of ancient Israel.
I find that is because 'Messiah' would come through them because of God's promise to father Abraham.
God promised ALL families and ALL nations of Earth would be blessed thru Abraham at Genesis 12:3; 22:18.
Blessed with coming ' future benefits ' of healing for earth's nations according to Revelation 22:2.
That is why the ' future tense ' is used at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.....

I find the words at John 3:13 that No one has ascended covers people who lived before Jesus' died.
That means to me that even people like King David did Not go to heaven as according to Acts of the Apostles 2:34.
What I am trying to get across is people who lived before Christ can have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection back to future life on Earth. That will take place at Christ's 1,000-year reign over Earth, then those people will then know about what Jesus did for all of us. Then, at that millennial time, they can decide who they want as Sovereign over them.

The reason I feel I can be confident is because of the words found at Romans 6:7,23 that those dead people have paid the price for their sins with their death. In other words, the one who has died is freed or acquitted from their sins. Not meaning they are now innocent, but as a governor can pardon a person so the crime charges do Not stick, Jesus can pardon a person so the sin charges do Not stick.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
AS I see it, God returns our actions in time, not as punishment, but to teach us what our actions really mean. When one has lived all sides, intelligence will make the right choice. The right choice will only be made when one acquires True Understanding. At this point, those bad choices are no longer viable choices for us.
In this multilevel classroom, there are a variety of students learning a variety of lessons. Those who have already learned those lessons are here to interact and help teach those who do not understand. Seeing people learning lessons and making choices I have already learned is just a reminder of that truth I already understand.

Your ^ above ^ reply reminds me of what a person sows he will reap, and that we can learn from past mistakes.
To me, True Understanding means: what the Bible really teaches, because then we No longer want to lean/ toward bad or wrong choices. We can all choose to live by the Golden Rule or not. When living by the Golden Rule then we want to lean/ toward righteousness, and thus could be counted among those of Matthew 25:37.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

I notice ^ above ^ you say ' mankind ' holds dear..... That does Not mean that ' God ' holds such things as dear.
I find in Scripture that Jesus, because he held kids as dear, he wanted the kids to come to him.
It was Not Any Being (God), but rather false clergy who created a non-biblical hell as being biblical.
KJV translated the word Gehenna into English as hell fire, thus a non-biblical hell-fire teaching was then taught.
Gehenna was simply a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were destroyed forever, Not burning forever.
So, Gehenna is a fitting word for destruction as the wicked will be destroyed forever according to Psalms 92:7.
Biblical hell is mankind's temporary grave for the sleeping dead (R.I.P.) until resurrection day, or Jesus' coming millennium-long day of governing over Earth, when the dead will be 'delivered up' (resurrected out of biblical hell /the grave) - Revelation 1:18.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If it were only the golden rule or about love, then maybe ok. It's the other things they are teaching that I will always have a problem with.

Apparently you are Not the only one having a problem with the ' other things taught ' because God is too.
The reason I say God is having a problem with the 'other things' is why spiritual house cleaning will start or begin with the ' house (religious house of worship) of God ' according to 1 Peter 2:9,5.

'Christendom' ( so-called Christian but mostly 'in name only' ) claims to represent the God of the Bible, but teaches church traditions, or church customs as Scripture when Not found in Scripture, just like the religious leaders of Matthew 15:9. Jesus pronounced many ' woes ' in Matthew chapter 23 against them and gave his reasons why.
So, 'Christendom' is the most blood guilty part of the world's religious groups, meaning when the ' powers that be ' surprisingly turn on the religious world ' Christendom ' will be the first to go.

Bird123

(quote)

Hi Bird
I can understand and agree with you, that IF, (as some people blame God for all sorts of things), The Creator was actually guilty of such, then I could not 'go along' with it, either.
The God of the Bible that I have come to know, is not as many so-called 'Christian' denominations present him to be. I also left 'churches' who taught such atrocities as a literal 'hell fire', or place of everlasting torture to humans.
couple of things wrong with that teaching right up front: When people die, they cannot feel anything. They are DEAD. If they took time to look in the Bible at Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10, an Psalms 146:3-4, among other scriptures, they would find that is not at all possible.
Second,Almighty God is a God of Love. Love being his dominant quality, so much so that he even allowed the kind of people who blame God for such atrocities, to actually murder His only begotten Son, in order to open the door to a resurrection for all mankind affected by the sin of Adam, or 'the adamic sin', which causes all of mankind to die.

God's law is perfect. He Himself does not go outside of the Law of the Universe, so He set about making a way to save mankind at great distress to Himself. He sets the standard of perfection, which in the imperfect sinful state, mankind cannot uphold perfectly. But thru the merits of the blood sacrifice for sin of His perfect, sinless human son, Jesus, the 'ransom' could be paid.

God did not make Adam sin. Adam was not deceived, Adam sinned purposely out of his own desire to do so. If you want to be angry at someone, be angry at Adam and the Tempter, Satan, who talked Adam into rebelling against God's Perfect law.
Be thankful to God Almighty and Jesus, His only begotten son, suffered in order to correct in time, the great harm done to all of mankind by Adam at the urging of Satan. Adam could have told Satan to stuff it, and not sinned. But he obviously, did not. He was a deliberately selfish egotistical person who did not appreciate the life God had given to him. Satan has always been out for world domination, he got jealous because God intended for Jesus to rule over the world we live in, because he, Satan, wanted that for himself. Look at the history of oppressive governments attempting to bring a 'one world government' under their control, as recently as Hitler, et. al. all such ones will soon face the fulfillment of Daniel 2:44.

Those who blame God are the same ones who back oppressive governments and those who want to 'rule the world' and get rid of any opposition by anyone who believes in and does their best to obey the Life-Giver, who will not forevermore allow His Name and reputation to be dragged thru the mud with such false notions as you speak to. He has set a time limit for Satan to try to prove his challenge made to God that he could rule over mankind better than God can..Unfortunately, many church leaders do teach and promote the lies you speak to, and foster the attitudes and hate for the God of the Bible, the Creator and Life Giver, sadly.

I pray that you find the answers you seek.

peace

You have taken Stories and spun them into a reality that does not exist. Adam and Eve is a Story. Satan does not exist. Satan is a Story. Further, you do not Understand God. As I see it, this isn't a test for perfection, this is the process of education that will lead everyone to perfection. In time, Everyone will make it.

I suggest you stop relying on stories and beliefs then discover God for yourself. As I see it, all the secrets of God and the universe stare you in the face. Can you see??

Bird123

(quote)

Hi Bird
just an addition to what was already mentioned--- do you think that anyone had to tell children or any other humans, that death was their eventuality? Even if no one ever mentioned the God of the Bible, everyone knew about death. But did they know WHY they were under a death sentence?
Did they also know that God made a provision to take away the death sentence ?
Not if no one ever spoke about the God of Abraham, the Bible, or what it says, they would still have to tell their kids about death, no? Don't atheists die? Do Agnostics die? Do Muslims die? Or any and all other 'faiths', aren't they all aware that they will die?
What they do not know, however, is WHY they die, and what hope they have of being brought back to life again at the appointed time , or 'resurrection day'.

peace

Do you know why you die??? Do you know why you fear death? Do you know why you exist at all? What is your purpose in life?

In those past answers you have given me, I don't think you have heard anything I have said. You just go back to reciting.

Bird123

(quote)
Hi again, Bird

I understand that some people tell 'feel good' stories about being 'immortal'. Why, even the majority of Christendom teaches such a Lie, when the opposite is true according to the Bible.
Mankind has not ever lived anywhere other than on the earth, from which they were created. "from dust you are, and to dust you will return" is the famous statement so many deny as fact.
God first created the earth, and THEN mankind 'for the earth' to reside upon it and be the caretaker of the animals and fill the earth with perfect offspring who would all worship the One True God in unity, having no divisions among them, and in peace.
Mankind was created 'lower than angels', and humans cannot enter into the heavenly realm of God.
When humans die, they do not turn into angels and enter the heavenly realm. They go to the grave, and are conscious on nothing at all, until the 'Resurrection day' of al mankind.
The falsehoods that are taught people are so wrong. It slanders my God, and it deceives many people , to their detriment, if they don't search for truths and not believe every lie that comes down the pike.

take care

The Beliefs you are telling me are not true. You did not hear this from God. This comes from mankind. People think that holy book is the word of God, but it isn't. Mankind told you it was the word of God. God is never going to tell you this.

You speak of slander God yet you do not speak of all those lower levels being taught by religion that actually teach people away from God. AS I see it, the stories you tell do just that.

Yes. you have lived many physical lives. You will live many many more before a physical body will not be necessary for your education.

Bird123

(quote)

hi Bird
sigh...looks like you didn't read the passage so you have no idea of the point that was being made. Matthew 24:13-14 tells us God's purpose for the very near future.
Here it is in the context in which it was written: Jesus prophesying what was to happen as a 'sign' that people could recognize that would let them know that the end of the rulership of the world that is now, would not be any longer, and thereafter, His Kingdom would begin ruling over the earth. The Sovereignty of the earth, and God's Theocratic rulership as the remedy for all of the problems on earth, is the main theme of the Bible.

Matthew 24:3, "While he was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence* and of the conclusion of the system of things?”*
4 In answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads you,
5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many.
6 You are going to hear of wars and reports of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for these things must take place, but the end is not yet.
7 “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another.
8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.
9 “Then people will hand you over to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be hated by all the nations on account of my name.
10 Then, too, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another.
11 Many false prophets will arise and mislead many;
12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness, the love of the greater number will grow cold.
13 But the one who has endured to the end will be saved. 14 And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

So contrary to some popular beliefs, 'Holy Scriptures" were written down aforetime for our benefit, as a 'guidebook' to help us navigate the things that were to come upon the earth , and a roadmap of sorts, for people to be able to survive the harsh conditions brought upon the earth by the arch-enemy of God Almighty and the people who obey His commandments and seek a life in true peace and security, where there will be no more sickness, death, or harm to any living thing. that is the Biblical promise.

thanks for allowing me to explain the Bible's viewpoint that many have no idea about. If they refuse it after knowing the truth, that is their choice. But not knowing puts one at a disadvantage, which is why such a global effort is being made to inform all of the true facts, if they are interested in learning about it. Volunteers, I might add... not a paid clergy. Just volunteer workers who want to see all learn how to save themselves from the clutches of the evil one.

peace

None of this is true. These are Stories. As I see it, you have accepted way too long. Do you ever QUESTION this stuff you are reading??

Bird123

Good thinking questions ^ above ^, wish more people had such good inquiring minds that want to know.

In nut shell, the old Hebrew Scriptures were written for only one ancient nation, the old nation of ancient Israel.
I find that is because 'Messiah' would come through them because of God's promise to father Abraham.
God promised ALL families and ALL nations of Earth would be blessed thru Abraham at Genesis 12:3; 22:18.
Blessed with coming ' future benefits ' of healing for earth's nations according to Revelation 22:2.
That is why the ' future tense ' is used at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.....

I find the words at John 3:13 that No one has ascended covers people who lived before Jesus' died.
That means to me that even people like King David did Not go to heaven as according to Acts of the Apostles 2:34.
What I am trying to get across is people who lived before Christ can have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection back to future life on Earth. That will take place at Christ's 1,000-year reign over Earth, then those people will then know about what Jesus did for all of us. Then, at that millennial time, they can decide who they want as Sovereign over them.

The reason I feel I can be confident is because of the words found at Romans 6:7,23 that those dead people have paid the price for their sins with their death. In other words, the one who has died is freed or acquitted from their sins. Not meaning they are now innocent, but as a governor can pardon a person so the crime charges do Not stick, Jesus can pardon a person so the sin charges do Not stick.

Don't you see these are nothing but Stories. It isn't about Blaming,Sinning, Condemning, Punishing, Intimidating, Saving or freeing you from all your troubles. That is not what this world is all about.

Bird123

Your ^ above ^ reply reminds me of what a person sows he will reap, and that we can learn from past mistakes.
To me, True Understanding means: what the Bible really teaches, because then we No longer want to lean/ toward bad or wrong choices. We can all choose to live by the Golden Rule or not. When living by the Golden Rule then we want to lean/ toward righteousness, and thus could be counted among those of Matthew 25:37.

Don't you Understand? Bad choices are a part of the learning process. God never punishes people for their bad choices. God simply teaches you what your choice really was then let's you discover what the best choice really is.

Bird123

I notice ^ above ^ you say ' mankind ' holds dear..... That does Not mean that ' God ' holds such things as dear.
I find in Scripture that Jesus, because he held kids as dear, he wanted the kids to come to him.
It was Not Any Being (God), but rather false clergy who created a non-biblical hell as being biblical.
KJV translated the word Gehenna into English as hell fire, thus a non-biblical hell-fire teaching was then taught.
Gehenna was simply a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were destroyed forever, Not burning forever.
So, Gehenna is a fitting word for destruction as the wicked will be destroyed forever according to Psalms 92:7.
Biblical hell is mankind's temporary grave for the sleeping dead (R.I.P.) until resurrection day, or Jesus' coming millennium-long day of governing over Earth, when the dead will be 'delivered up' (resurrected out of biblical hell /the grave) - Revelation 1:18.

As I see it, there is no delay between death and seeing God. Further, the only one who is going to judge you is Yourself.

Daisies4me

You have taken Stories and spun them into a reality that does not exist. Adam and Eve is a Story. Satan does not exist. Satan is a Story. Further, you do not Understand God. As I see it, this isn't a test for perfection, this is the process of education that will lead everyone to perfection. In time, Everyone will make it.

I suggest you stop relying on stories and beliefs then discover God for yourself. As I see it, all the secrets of God and the universe stare you in the face. Can you see??

(quote)

Hi Bird

I understand that you reject the Bible as truth, and the God who Inspired it to be written for the benefit of all mankind seeking truth, you also reject.

And that you your choice to make. It is no 'secret' that God has provided the BOOK for any who want to find the truth of the matter.
God makes the provision for all to come to Know and understand His Purposes for the earth and humankind. He sends out his servants to search for the sheep who are sighing and groaning over the detestable things being done on the earth today.
The 'secrets' that you allude to are also not unknown to those who are taught by the God of the Bible. We are very much aware of the plethora of traps set by the Great Bird Catcher, in an attempt to prevent others from finding Bible truths that will lead them to true peace and security .

So in answer to your question, Yes, I 'see' and have been aware of for many years, of those who present themselves as god's representatives for personal gain, and I have and still do reject them outright. IN order to put on the protective armour from God, we have to be aware of who/what the enemy is. Just as Jesus revealed the truth that exposed the false religious teachers and sorcerers in his day, JW's follow His lead and His example in carrying on the same work today on a global scale.
Yes, I "see" with my eyes of discernment what you are alluding to, and while it is your choice, I reject it outright as anything beneficial to anyone, and so on this topic we must agree to disagree, imo.

take care

Daisies4me

Do you know why you die??? Do you know why you fear death? Do you know why you exist at all? What is your purpose in life?

In those past answers you have given me, I don't think you have heard anything I have said. You just go back to reciting.

(quote)

Hi Bird
sigh... Yes , I and all other JW's know the answers to those questions, and I am pretty sure that I and others may have presented those answers in our postings here. Many times, in fact. btw--we don't "fear" death at all. Because we KNOW the answers to your questions. everyone of them. We don't want to die, because we want to live forever, but if we die we know that we will live again, so why fear death? The RIP that people say when someone they know dies, means what, exactly? care to answer?

Yes, I have heard your comments that you are immortal, and will not die, that you will 'just change life forms'. You have repeated that a few times. I simply disagree with your opinion on the matter, and I believe That is the biggest and most widely used lie by Satan and his followers and people still fall for it, because it 'tickles their ears'. "if I don't admit to it, it won't happen" syndrome, imo.
well, I also don't see you jumping in front of a speeding automobile just for the fun of it, either... ha. (sarcasm, of course)

The sin of Adam brings forth death. No doubt about it. Whether a person lives again is in the hands of God, the God of the Bible, whom you are rejecting, imo.

Peace

Daisies4me

The Beliefs you are telling me are not true. You did not hear this from God. This comes from mankind. People think that holy book is the word of God, but it isn't. Mankind told you it was the word of God. God is never going to tell you this.

You speak of slander God yet you do not speak of all those lower levels being taught by religion that actually teach people away from God. AS I see it, the stories you tell do just that.

Yes. you have lived many physical lives. You will live many many more before a physical body will not be necessary for your education.

(quote)

Hi Bird
I regret that you do not recognize the Inspired Writings from God as truthful. Yet, I disagree with you , as I do believe the Bible to be from God, and Truthful. Your opinion is simply that. Your opinion. And you are welcomed to it. Many do not hold with spiritism or sorcery , or persons that teach things opposite to what the Bible says. Like "Ahraham Hicks" for example. oh, yes, I know about such ones. Have spoken in depth with some who went on stage in the 'show' they put on . Reincarnation is a lie. To put it bluntly.
I have only lived one life, many experiences, in this one life, I admit but in all reality, it is the one and only life that I have experienced, and there has been no other lives. That is quite the stretch of your imagination to suggest otherwise, my friend.

Facts show that many people have 'come out of' the false doctrines of Babylon the great in astounding numbers in recent years, and have accepted the Bible as a 'guidebook' from God, and a means by which we learn to lead better , more peaceful and productive as well as happier lives.

The Bible accurately stated, as a quote from God Almighty, "from dust you are and to dust you will return'. Applicable to all humans born from Adam.
Only thru exercising faith in the Ransom Sacrifice by Jesus, God's Perfect, Sinless human Son, can altar the death penalty by a resurrection to life again
Regardless of whether you believe it or not, it will certainly come to pass just as written.

I would hope that you might change your mind, and look further into the things you are now rejecting, as I have a firm belief in the words I say to you. But if your choice is not to do so, and to stick with your present beliefs, so be it. God forces no one to learn about him or serve him. The present situation in the world around us today is glaring evidence of that fact.

peace