• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Peace on Earth Really God's Goal????

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
What happens to those that rebel against god's instructions, Peace?

To me, God's instructions are the Golden Rule, and Jesus' NEW commandment found at John 13:34-35 to have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has.

If everyone on Earth lived by and applied the Golden Rule would there be Peace on Earth, I think so.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I am but a man and use mans laws which include trial by peers. Does your god use trial by peers? Many people that have rebelled against mans laws have ended up bringing more peaceful resolutions. Martin Luther King Jr., Mahatma Gandhi, Nelson Mandela to name a few.

To me I question if those ' man's laws ' (people rule) that 'many people have revelled against' were laws made in harmony with the Golden Rule and Jesus' New commandment of John 13:34-35, or laws Not in harmony with them.

eldios

Not 'ALL' flesh (physical) destroyed because I find the executional words from Jesus' mouth according to Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16 only apply to those classed as wicked as Psalms 92:7 says the wicked will be destroyed.

Just as Not 'ALL' were destroyed in Noah's day, so shall it be in our day as Jesus words say at Matthew 24:37.
Just as Not 'ALL' were destroyed when Lot and daughters were saved at the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.
Just as Not 'ALL' were destroyed when the ancient Israelites fled Egypt ( Isaiah 26:20 )
Just as Not 'ALL' were destroyed in the year 70 when the Roman armies destroyed Jerusalem.
So, to me that pattern is set for the figurative 'sheep ' of Matthew 25:31-33,37 who will Not be destroyed, but they will be ' saved/delivered/rescued ' through the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14 because like those ancient Israelites in Egypt were in their ' rooms ' (Isaiah 26:20) were kept safe so will those figurative 'sheep' be safe alive.

Since Revelation 22:2 talks about 'healing' for earth's nations, then to me that is Not saying first a destruction or destroying ' flesh ' (physical), but a healing of the physical in the Lord's Day ( Christ's thousand-year day ).
Just as the ' tree of life ' is first introduced in the Garden of Eden, Revelation mentions a return of that Genesis ' tree of life ' for healing (curing) of earth's nations.

You need to stop reading the Bible because you're very deceived like the religious Jews were when they read the scriptures. They believed in their own interpretations too.

2 Corinthians 3;
14: But their minds were hardened; for to this day, when they read the old covenant, that same veil remains unlifted, because only through Christ is it taken away.
15: Yes, to this day whenever Moses is read a veil lies over their minds;
16: but when a man turns to the Lord the veil is removed.
17: Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

If you haven't heard the voice of God, then you are still enslaved by Satan's world, the "veil" that has blinded all created men from the very beginning. However, in the next generation after your body has died, you will start hearing the voice of God.

John 5:
25: "Truly, truly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.
26: For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself,
27: and has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of man.
28: Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If you haven't heard the voice of God, then you are still enslaved by Satan's world, the "veil" that has blinded all created men from the very beginning. However, in the next generation after your body has died, you will start hearing the voice of God.
John 5:
25: "Truly, truly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.
26: For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself,
27: and has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of man.
28: Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice.

And, to me those ' tombs ' are Not in Heaven, but right here on Earth. I don't think there are tombs in Heaven.
By saying ' the hour is coming ' shows to me ' the ' future tense ' is being used such as found at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 using the ' future tense ' that there ' is going to be' a resurrection......
That future resurrection takes place during Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth begins.
After all, everyone who died before Jesus is Not offered heavenly life according to John 3:13.
In the next generation, so to speak, the humble 'sheep' of Matthew 25:31-33,37 are found alive on Earth, they can continue to remain alive on Earth (Proverbs 2:21-22), and live on Earth since the start of calendar Day One of Jesus' millennium-long day of governing over Earth, when those in 'tombs' at that time will hear Jesus' voice and be resurrected back to happy-and-healthy physical life on Earth with the opportunity to live forever on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.

Athena Plato

"Who do you say I am?"
It seems most people I know pray for World Peace. They tell me that is what God wants. I don't see it.

As I see it, life is the education of God's children. So often that takes adversity, challenges, and interaction to advance the lessons. The resolution of conflict always brings education of some sort.

Having peace and having it made seems to be a default desire of most people. On the other hand, as I see it, God's goal is the education of God's children. Peace will only arrive after all the lessons are learned.

What do you think??

_athens.jpg

Unequivocally Yes! The education of God’s children is the pathway. You are correct, it takes adversity, challenges and most importantly interaction to advance the lessons, and peace will only arrive after all the lessons are learned. Our biggest challenge is that after 2,000 years of interaction and learning, we have learned nothing.

The rumour is that in God’s other Republics there is the World Peace. The question we should all be asking ourselves is what happened to Earth?

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
To me, God's instructions are the Golden Rule, and Jesus' NEW commandment found at John 13:34-35 to have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has.

If everyone on Earth lived by and applied the Golden Rule would there be Peace on Earth, I think so.

Mathew 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. Clearly Jesus understood not all would heed or even listen to his words. Why do you think that everyone will?

eldios

And, to me those ' tombs ' are Not in Heaven, but right here on Earth. I don't think there are tombs in Heaven.
By saying ' the hour is coming ' shows to me ' the ' future tense ' is being used such as found at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 using the ' future tense ' that there ' is going to be' a resurrection......
That future resurrection takes place during Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth begins.
After all, everyone who died before Jesus is Not offered heavenly life according to John 3:13.
In the next generation, so to speak, the humble 'sheep' of Matthew 25:31-33,37 are found alive on Earth, they can continue to remain alive on Earth (Proverbs 2:21-22), and live on Earth since the start of calendar Day One of Jesus' millennium-long day of governing over Earth, when those in 'tombs' at that time will hear Jesus' voice and be resurrected back to happy-and-healthy physical life on Earth with the opportunity to live forever on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.

It's obvious you weren't chosen to listen to the gospel of God and believe the knowledge of Christ that flows from those words I typed.

Bird123

(uote)

Hi
You make some good points, some that I agree with. But one thing stands out that is worrisome. Protecting, warning of danger, etc., is necessary for all people. If I know there is danger ahead, wouldn't it be the loving thing to do to warn you before you run headlong into the situation that may take your life? Why do the officials put up barriers to prevent people from driving into a dangerous situation?

If a parent teaches their child to 'stop, look and listen' before crossing the street, is that a 'judging, condemning, punishing, etc. ' by the parent?

Why can't the child just bounce right out and go anywhere they like , anytime, and in any manner they might want to?

Taking time to warn others of what is right ahead of them that can be detrimental to their health is the loving thing to do, wouldn't you think?

Is the weatherman a 'hater; when he warns you of bad weather conditions ahead?

Why the double standard? If I know that you are driving down a road into a situation that you cannot recover from, wouldn't it be the loving thing to do to point the danger out to you , so that you could make the necessary adjustments to your route that would lead to your own safety? If you don't want to listen, that is your choice. No one is forcing you to do so.

Look at the examples of people who obey God to the best of their imperfect abilities, in the most dire conditions today on earth, as you suggest, Find those who are in all 'nations, tribes and tongues' that 'speak in agreement' (1 Corinthians 1:10) and as a global group, and have 'love among themselves'.

There is no 'hell fire', no place of eternal torture, only death for those who do not choose life. So if you are warned ahead of time, but choose to take the route that leads to death, it is your choice, and your blood is not on my hands. Choose the road you want. The broad and spacious road that leads to destruction, or the cramped and narrow road that few find, that leads to life. Those are the choices mankind have. Life, or death.

Choose life, is my suggestion, because the Creator knows what makes mankind happy, what they need to flourish, but not everyone likes or wants to live a morally clean life, under righteous conditions where God's laws are obeyed by all. God speaks to mankind thru the pages of the Bible. It is like a letter from God. If we want to learn about Him and what He requires of those who will live in peace forever on earth, that is where we need to look for the directions that lead us to the paradise of peace.

peace to you

So what you are saying is that God will warn you but then God will let you go over the cliff. I don't think Ma and Pa would do that. Should God be at a Higher Level than that? I think so!

As I see it, God works on multiple levels with multiple views. Do you really think God requires mankind to write anyone a book? Why did God not implant your book in everyone at birth? The answer is clear. Holy books are the creation of mankind. As I see it, if your only source of information about God is from a holy book, you can never understand more than mankind.

Bird123

View attachment 17622

Unequivocally Yes! The education of God’s children is the pathway. You are correct, it takes adversity, challenges and most importantly interaction to advance the lessons, and peace will only arrive after all the lessons are learned. Our biggest challenge is that after 2,000 years of interaction and learning, we have learned nothing.

The rumour is that in God’s other Republics there is the World Peace. The question we should all be asking ourselves is what happened to Earth?

Baby Steps. As students learn, new students will arrive in need of learning. It seems as a whole mankind moves baby steps forward. Given enough time, one can walk across the world taking baby steps. I'm sure classrooms exist at all different levels. Still, like you said, it is within everyone's reach. I guess many just need more lessons. For those of us who must watch, it is just a reminder of what the true answers really are. Perhaps through interaction one can point them in the right direction.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Matthew 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. Clearly Jesus understood not all would heed or even listen to his words. Why do you think that everyone will?

I don't think everyone will listen (accept) according to Matthew chapter 7.
I think Jesus basically told us that MANY would come ' in his name ' but prove false.
Genuine ' wheat ' Christians would grow together with the fake 'weed/tares' Christians until the 'harvest time' or the soon coming 'time of separation' on Earth as mentioned at Matthew 25:31-33,37

What I believe is that 'everyone' meaning 'earth's nations' will have the opportunity to hear and accept or reject Jesus as King of God's Kingdom. The proclaiming about the good news of God's Kingdom serves as a ' witness ' and Not a conversion of the nations according to Matthew 24:14.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Baby Steps. As students learn, new students will arrive in need of learning. It seems as a whole mankind moves baby steps forward. Given enough time, one can walk across the world taking baby steps. I'm sure classrooms exist at all different levels. Still, like you said, it is within everyone's reach. I guess many just need more lessons. For those of us who must watch, it is just a reminder of what the true answers really are. Perhaps through interaction one can point them in the right direction.

I think 'interaction' with what the Bible really teaches that Jesus will bring Peace on Earth is pointing people in the right direction. By interacting one can take baby steps in applying the Golden Rule in one's life style, thus learning the ways of peace instead of war. Learn war No more as mentioned at Micah 4:3-4.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Why did God not implant your book in everyone at birth? The answer is clear. Holy books are the creation of mankind. As I see it, if your only source of information about God is from a holy book, you can never understand more than mankind.

As a secretary types for a boss, Bible writers were God's secretary writing down God's thoughts.
The promise God made was to father Abraham that all families of Earth will be blessed, and all nations of Earth will be blessed. Blessed with the benefit of healing for earth's nations according to Revelation 22:2.
Abraham's line would come through the Hebrew line or Jewish line, so the old Hebrew Scriptures were first written for Jewish people because Messiah would come through their line. So, it was not necessary that God's Book be implanted in everyone at birth or otherwise.

Bird123

I think 'interaction' with what the Bible really teaches that Jesus will bring Peace on Earth is pointing people in the right direction. By interacting one can take baby steps in applying the Golden Rule in one's life style, thus learning the ways of peace instead of war. Learn war No more as mentioned at Micah 4:3-4.

If it were only the golden rule or about love, then maybe ok. It's the other things they are teaching that I will always have a problem with.

Bird123

As a secretary types for a boss, Bible writers were God's secretary writing down God's thoughts.
The promise God made was to father Abraham that all families of Earth will be blessed, and all nations of Earth will be blessed. Blessed with the benefit of healing for earth's nations according to Revelation 22:2.
Abraham's line would come through the Hebrew line or Jewish line, so the old Hebrew Scriptures were first written for Jewish people because Messiah would come through their line. So, it was not necessary that God's Book be implanted in everyone at birth or otherwise.

What about the people today who have never seen your bible? What about all those people before your religion was even invented? Seems you live in a closed view.

Daisies4me

If it were only the golden rule or about love, then maybe ok. It's the other things they are teaching that I will always have a problem with.
(quote)
Hi Bird

Might I ask what some of the "other things" that you have a problem with are?

thanks

Daisies4me

(quote_
Hi Bird

When you say "a reminder of what the true answers really are", can you explain what your idea of 'true answers' might be?

thanks

Daisies4me

So what you are saying is that God will warn you but then God will let you go over the cliff. I don't think Ma and Pa would do that. Should God be at a Higher Level than that? I think so!

As I see it, God works on multiple levels with multiple views. Do you really think God requires mankind to write anyone a book? Why did God not implant your book in everyone at birth? The answer is clear. Holy books are the creation of mankind. As I see it, if your only source of information about God is from a holy book, you can never understand more than mankind.

(quote)

Hi Bird
you said: So what you are saying is that God will warn you but then God will let you go over the cliff.
--------

No, I didn't say that. But since you present it that way, let's do a hypothetical--- I presume that you are an adult, and able to make the hard decisions of life for yourself. Right?
And you are not a preprogrammed robot, right?
You have decided for yourself what you choose to do or not do for a while now, haven't you>
If you wanted to go bungie jumping, did God jump in and stop you because it was dangerous, and you could be harmed by it? No.
If you wanted to race cars at almost 200 mph, did God try to stop you? Why not? No doubt some have died doing that--- why would God allow you to do such a dangerous thing?
If God sent someone to you to tell you that you should not by any means, take such a life threatening position as to reject the God of the Bible, because He alone has 'the sayings of life', and if mankind rejects Him as Sovereign Ruler, and thumbs their noses at His instructions, they will lose the privilege to continue to live on His earth, Why should you find such a warning offensive?
you are, after all, your own boss, and able to choose for yourself, right? So why should God FORCE you, against your will, to do the reasonable thing, and listen to the instructions that lead to your continued life? So if you CHOOSE not to read the road map, who is to blame if you drive off a cliff?

You get the picture..... smile

take care

Last edited:

Daisies4me

What about the people today who have never seen your bible? What about all those people before your religion was even invented? Seems you live in a closed view.

(Quote)

Hi again, Bird

I wonder if you are aware of the Scripture at Matthew 24:13-14. Those who follow the Bible have been aware of the prophecy for a very long time. And it has been being carried out to a degree that most people are not aware of. We are, after all, a Bible publishing Society.
Not hiding our light under a basket, but taking the information to the ends of the earth in almost all languages and bringing the Bible to people of over 240 lands. The magnitude of the work goes unnoticed by many, as we do not blow a horn ahead of ourselves, as the work is not ours, we are only the workers doing the work of the King of God's Kingdom.
You may choose to look up the 2016 service year reports of Jehovah's Witnesses.
Then think about that prophecy at matthew 24:13-14 again.

Eye opening for many.

take care

Bird123

(quote)
Hi Bird

Might I ask what some of the "other things" that you have a problem with are?

thanks

The other things are the petty things mankind holds so dear like Blaming, Hating, Judging, Condemning, Punishing, Coercing, Intimidating, and even teaching people they are flawed from birth. God is above all this and does not do them. I won't mention about what they say God does with his kids. As I see it, Any Being who would create Hell knowing someone would actually go there is a monster.

Bird123

(quote_
Hi Bird

When you say "a reminder of what the true answers really are", can you explain what your idea of 'true answers' might be?

thanks

AS I see it, God returns our actions in time, not as punishment, but to teach us what our actions really mean. When one has lived all sides, intelligence will make the right choice. The right choice will only be made when one acquires True Understanding. At this point, those bad choices are no longer viable choices for us.

In this multilevel classroom, there are a variety of students learning a variety of lessons. Those who have already learned those lessons are here to interact and help teach those who do not understand. Seeing people learning lessons and making choices I have already learned is just a reminder of that truth I already understand.