• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is "Originalism" the political equivalent of "Scriptural Authority?"

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Yes, that is the only valid approach period. If you want to change the constitution, change the constitution. Don't pretend it doesn't mean what it does.

I downloaded another app - read or rather re-read the constitution. It seemed foreign and unlike anything i remember it being. For this reason, excluding our bill of rights, our declaration of independence, along with preamble, agree that the constitution I just read should be changed in order to accommodate today's society as it relates to the United States of Americas bill of rights and our declaration of independence as presented in 1776.

I agree with the sentiments I previously neglected to acknowledge. Apart from petition to do so, and the presentation of a replacement more suitable, I see no way of accomplishing this apart from democratic process and vote, or via executive power, which I disagree with more often than not. The specifics on elections, terms, dates, number of representatives allowed, legislative branches, and impeachment practices all seem impractical, complicated and many appear unnecessary to the process of governing our government and its representatives, although a necessity to have that ability.

State by state option as self governing entities another route, but then too confusing for anything remotely resembling federal branches of government being the vehicle for a balance of power. This would, in my opinion, make it far too easy to overthrow masses of territories, given the nature of power and lack of balance between branches.

What happened to our constitution and government? Maybe I misread what I read or failed to comprehend the articles. It's still seems far too complicated and many parts unnecessary. Maybe I'm wrong.